Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The ressie/development games thread.  (Read 11057 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Thursday, August 20, 2015, 09:11:57 »

He's done nothing in the games I've seen to suggest he will make it, he's seemed to be of the level of players that come through our club and then go off to Chippenham if I'm being honest.  To be fair, that also seems to be the opinion of every Manager who has tried him out and it's no great surprise that we can't shift him for a fee.  I'd imagine he'll get a loan deal at someone near the bottom of L2 then by the end of the season be off to a Conference level club on a permanent deal.  Different position but in terms of quality I'd have him in the same group as players like Pook, Hamon, P Hunt.  The only reason he gets well thought of is because he's come through the ranks - if we'd signed him for cash (lets say the amount we'd spent on his wages and development) then he'd be getting pelters from the crowd by now.

I'd disagree he's scored a few goals and has pace....that's the sort of thing that gets managers interested in a young player, and presumably why we gave him a long contract....I'd say he's shown more than say George Barker, who our management thought was decent enough to pay a fee for. Is Hylton better than Storey?

Some managers/coaches like a player others don't....twas ever thus. Ours don't like Storey.
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Thursday, August 20, 2015, 09:26:35 »

Why do some find it so difficult to accept that certain players are just not good enough?

I'm not saying he's 100% good enough to be in our side. But when our only striking option seems to be a deflated Michael Smith, why not use him?

Swindon Town Displays. Can you help out?
http://www.gofundme.com/STFCDisplays
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Thursday, August 20, 2015, 09:32:54 »

The only reason Jedco gave him a new contract was after he scored those goals against Villa and his stock was high, so they thought they could make some money off him no doubt.

If he hadnt scored those goals i doubt he would be here now.

Edit - see he signed new deal just before villa game
« Last Edit: Thursday, August 20, 2015, 09:37:01 by tans » Logged
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Thursday, August 20, 2015, 09:38:06 »

Think Storey could be useful wide left in a front 3. Push Robert central behind the striker where he naturally drifts,Byrne out on the right. Kasim and Traore/Stewart/Rodgers a bit deeper.

Storey seems to have bulked up a bit over the summer and is obviously rapid. I could see him and Byrne swapping wings and scaring full backs to death, all the while Robert is drifting into dangerous positions in and around the box.

I realise this won't happen, just a vision I could see working.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Thursday, August 20, 2015, 09:41:50 »

Wait wait wait, ASD's original tweet said Storey was 'amongst the goals'.

Perhaps he scored an own goal?

STOREY OUT
DRS

« Reply #20 on: Thursday, August 20, 2015, 09:52:28 »

Fail to see how every manager have all come to the same conclusion on the lad but it has to be another reason? If he was good enough he would be playing. No way was he offered a deal when he was youth team player that said he had to play x amount of games
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Thursday, August 20, 2015, 10:44:12 »

Fail to see how every manager have all come to the same conclusion on the lad but it has to be another reason? If he was good enough he would be playing. No way was he offered a deal when he was youth team player that said he had to play x amount of games

And if he did it was for monkey nuts - I could understand if Andy Williams had suddenly stopped playing but not a youth.

Storey is basically the new Andy Caton for those old enough to remember!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Thursday, August 20, 2015, 10:48:38 »

that's not what I meant. if he was the next Austin he'd be playing, obviously, we'd want to turn him into a saleable asset while reaping the rewards.

what I meant is that when the likes of George barker get on the bench ahead of him it doesn't make sense. it also doesn't make sense he hadn't got a squad number until we literally had no other option.

so how I make sense of it is there is something else going on as well. to me it  feels the same as the ward/Harley situation.
DRS

« Reply #23 on: Thursday, August 20, 2015, 10:52:19 »

I just think it could be more down to him than us.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Thursday, August 20, 2015, 12:11:24 »

Fair enough. He could be dogshit in training with a bad attitude for all I know.
Ticker45

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Thursday, August 20, 2015, 15:50:04 »

I'd disagree he's scored a few goals and has pace....that's the sort of thing that gets managers interested in a young player, and presumably why we gave him a long contract....I'd say he's shown more than say George Barker, who our management thought was decent enough to pay a fee for. Is Hylton better than Storey?

Some managers/coaches like a player others don't....twas ever thus. Ours don't like Storey.

Agree entirely. Thought he would make it as well. Something wrong as his loans have never really produced any interest either. Shame, but he is not the first and certainly will not be the last in failing to reach the levels required after initial promise.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Thursday, August 20, 2015, 15:55:36 »

Agree entirely. Thought he would make it as well. Something wrong as his loans have never really produced any interest either. Shame, but he is not the first and certainly will not be the last in failing to reach the levels required after initial promise.

I suspect as a striker 9 goals in 66 games may well be the reason there is little interest....
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Thursday, August 20, 2015, 16:23:18 »

Other than pace, I fail to see what the people defending him have seen that I've missed.. He clearly has some talent but I just can't see him getting a team above League 2.

Roaming the land while you sleep..
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Thursday, August 20, 2015, 16:39:42 »

I saw someone on facebook who was adamant he would fit into our style of play and would be a gamechanger
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Thursday, August 20, 2015, 16:42:29 »

I saw someone on facebook who was adamant he would fit into our style of play and would be a gamechanger

Did they mean gamekeeper?

Roaming the land while you sleep..
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: