Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The ressie/development games thread.  (Read 11069 times)
Flashheart

« on: Wednesday, August 19, 2015, 16:53:23 »

Andrew Steele-Davis ‏@andrew_FLICW  44s45 seconds ago
A Swindon Town development  side beat Kidderminster 2-1 earlier today, Miles Storey amongst the goals.

See. Proof the he should be starting every game.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, August 19, 2015, 16:54:52 »

hahaha HE indeed....  Suicide

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
nigel grays a postie

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, August 19, 2015, 17:09:13 »

Maybe it will encourage a Kidderminster loan or maybe even cash bid for the unappreciated messiah

Rogers, Mayes, Shearer, Fjortoft, Cox, Austin, Ritchie. Seen em all flogged off on the cheap
A Gent Orange

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, August 19, 2015, 17:40:42 »

Jake Evans got one of the goals. Barry played 90 mins too.

If you can believe their Twitter accounts.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, August 19, 2015, 17:44:28 »

I've a complete blank on Jake Evans, who's he?
A Gent Orange

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, August 19, 2015, 17:47:55 »

He looks the other side of puberty... Ah yes. He's 17.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, August 19, 2015, 18:30:11 »

Storey skippered the side, they are keeping him sweet to make him stay I tell thee
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, August 20, 2015, 07:55:25 »

How has he NOT been snapped up by Barcelona yet?

Roaming the land while you sleep..
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, August 20, 2015, 08:09:26 »

He and Ty were joking about it all last night. Saying stuff on Twitter like "We don't lose when I captain the side".

Could it be that Cooper wants to use Storey but he's being told by the higher ups that he's not allowed? Because he was involved in so many of the pre-season games getting assists and goals, then nothing.

Swindon Town Displays. Can you help out?
http://www.gofundme.com/STFCDisplays
Panda Paws

« Reply #9 on: Thursday, August 20, 2015, 08:21:51 »

He and Ty were joking about it all last night. Saying stuff on Twitter like "We don't lose when I captain the side".

Could it be that Cooper wants to use Storey but he's being told by the higher ups that he's not allowed? Because he was involved in so many of the pre-season games getting assists and goals, then nothing.

There is no conspiracy. He's not a League One striker, and should (and will hopefully) be playing bottom half League 2 before the window closes.

JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, August 20, 2015, 08:24:12 »

There is no conspiracy. He's not a League One striker, and should (and will hopefully) be playing bottom half League 2 before the window closes.

From half the stuff I've heard about this club from people within it, it really wouldn't surprise me.

Swindon Town Displays. Can you help out?
http://www.gofundme.com/STFCDisplays
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, August 20, 2015, 08:27:24 »

He's done nothing in the games I've seen to suggest he will make it, he's seemed to be of the level of players that come through our club and then go off to Chippenham if I'm being honest.  To be fair, that also seems to be the opinion of every Manager who has tried him out and it's no great surprise that we can't shift him for a fee.  I'd imagine he'll get a loan deal at someone near the bottom of L2 then by the end of the season be off to a Conference level club on a permanent deal.  Different position but in terms of quality I'd have him in the same group as players like Pook, Hamon, P Hunt.  The only reason he gets well thought of is because he's come through the ranks - if we'd signed him for cash (lets say the amount we'd spent on his wages and development) then he'd be getting pelters from the crowd by now.
Flashheart

« Reply #12 on: Thursday, August 20, 2015, 08:44:29 »

Why do some find it so difficult to accept that certain players are just not good enough?
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Thursday, August 20, 2015, 08:51:58 »

He's done nothing in the games I've seen to suggest he will make it, he's seemed to be of the level of players that come through our club and then go off to Chippenham if I'm being honest.  To be fair, that also seems to be the opinion of every Manager who has tried him out and it's no great surprise that we can't shift him for a fee.  I'd imagine he'll get a loan deal at someone near the bottom of L2 then by the end of the season be off to a Conference level club on a permanent deal.  Different position but in terms of quality I'd have him in the same group as players like Pook, Hamon, P Hunt.  The only reason he gets well thought of is because he's come through the ranks - if we'd signed him for cash (lets say the amount we'd spent on his wages and development) then he'd be getting pelters from the crowd by now.

Tend to agree with all points.

Roaming the land while you sleep..
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Thursday, August 20, 2015, 09:03:16 »

Why do some find it so difficult to accept that certain players are just not good enough?
circumstantial/lack of a serious chance.

there have been times where he's been our best option yet still not selected.  obviously opinion not fact.

wouldn't be surprised if this is a financial issue like other players that got frozen out.

that's not to say he'd be part of any long term plan anyway.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: