Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs Port Vale Official Matchday Thread  (Read 35453 times)
Skinny Pete

« Reply #180 on: Wednesday, August 19, 2015, 11:28:09 »

As far as 'disappearing' money is concerned have people forgotten the days when cash on the gate actually did  disappear on a weekly basis.

The times we spent estimating the attendance to then hear the 'official' number was always 2000 less than what it was.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: Wednesday, August 19, 2015, 11:48:05 »

Yes but also teams may cool on purchasing him if he hasn't scored or contributed effectively during August.  They'll simply lose interest, especially if some strikers in league two start showcasing themselves (who was the Exeter lad that impressed against is in the LC?) He's in danger of not getting his move, which if the case come Sept 1st, he should be busting a gut to then engineer a move in January.

I'm sure on last seasons goals return will get him a move - he's a proven L1 goal scorer
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: Wednesday, August 19, 2015, 12:26:27 »

I'm sure on last seasons goals return will get him a move - he's a proven L1 goal scorer

Oh i'm not disputing that fact, based on stats yes. Then again, you're only as good as your last match. I'm just saying if he knuckles down and chips in with a few goals then he'll get his move regardless.  Looking back at the images from last nights match he seemed to be enjoying himself,stranger things can happen in football.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: Wednesday, August 19, 2015, 12:41:24 »

The hand ball was even more ridiculous that I had imagined to to be, why the hell did he handle it!

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11758/9956085/controversial-decision-at-swindon

But my god that referee is one chunky unit!
RWB Robin

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: Wednesday, August 19, 2015, 13:41:34 »

It IS ridiculous, and of course he shouldn't have done it, but the complete ridiculousness of it underlines that he was obviously trying to take it out of play....totally bizarre.

It's nice to see a few quite balanced comments on the Vale fans forum, after a load of rubbish!!
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: Wednesday, August 19, 2015, 14:05:48 »

I suppose you could say it was quite unsporting of Vale to take advantage of such a blunder, given most of their players seemed to acknowledge BOO requiring treatment.
Flashheart

« Reply #186 on: Wednesday, August 19, 2015, 14:12:08 »

It was unsporting for their player to take the corner kick in the first place.

I'm trying not to dwell on it too much as some decisions are bound to go in our favour, so these things should even themselves out. It could even be that poor decisions this season favour us overall and help get us over the line (whichever line that may be).
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: Wednesday, August 19, 2015, 14:21:41 »

Yep we'd take it for sure if it was the other way round. I'd actually be delighted if we got that lucky after losing 7 on the trot to someone.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: Wednesday, August 19, 2015, 14:32:51 »

I suppose you could say it was quite unsporting of Vale to take advantage of such a blunder, given most of their players seemed to acknowledge BOO requiring treatment.

The fact that none of the Port Vale players even shouted for handball sums up the ridiculousness of the penalty award. 

It's a shame they couldn't have shown the same sportsmanship as Doncaster did to Bury the other week after they unfairly scored when passing back to the Bury keeper.  However, would we have done the same if the roles were reversed.  I somehow doubt it?

Port Vale at home is usually a nailed on 3 points though.  The last time they took anything from the County Ground was in 2005.  No wonder so many people had us on their accumulators.
Munichred

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: Wednesday, August 19, 2015, 16:27:04 »

Regarding the Adver "Sun-like headlines",  "Town in storm against Port" was one of the better ones of late.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: Wednesday, August 19, 2015, 17:30:48 »

Coops on Talksport about last night soon

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: Wednesday, August 19, 2015, 17:48:31 »

Ref told Cooper he thought our lad was feigning injury.  Linesman has called for treatment, hence players confusion.  Regardless whether the ref had any right to think it, as the all is already dead, he really had no other option than bring someone on to assess the injury - last time I checked he wasn't a medical professional.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: Wednesday, August 19, 2015, 18:20:57 »

Ref told Cooper he thought our lad was feigning injury.  Linesman has called for treatment, hence players confusion.  Regardless whether the ref had any right to think it, as the all is already dead, he really had no other option than bring someone on to assess the injury - last time I checked he wasn't a medical professional.
No if he was I suspect he would have advised himself to cut back on the fatty foods
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: Wednesday, August 19, 2015, 18:21:18 »

To be fair Brendan Malone is probably well versed in medicine, fat bastard probably needs medical treatment every time he does the referees fitness test
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: Wednesday, August 19, 2015, 18:28:15 »

I used to like Malone - it was him that denied Shrewsbury a stone wall penalty at the CG in 2012 when we beat them 2-1, the match when Graham Turner lost it afterwards.

28 seconds:

I miss Turner, he really dislikes us for some reason.

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to: