Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Port Vale Forum Pre Match Interview / Report vrs Swindon  (Read 3509 times)
Robbie Earles Perm

Ignore
« on: Wednesday, August 12, 2015, 16:01:03 »

Hi,

I'm the pre-match reporter for the Port Vale Fans Forum One Vale Fan.

Part of my role is to contact fans of our forthcoming opponents to ask them a few questions and gain their views on the upcoming fixture between our sides in order to produce a report which we release on the site a couple of days prior to the game.

I wondered if one or more of you (up to a maximum of 3 due to space constraints) have a few minutes and would kindly be prepared to share a few views  / your feelings on the game by answering the following few questions;

1. Tell us a bit about yourself & history as a fan?
2. How do you expect your team to do this season (including a forecast for a positional finish for the entire season)?
3. Who should we watch out for (one or more danger player/s)?
4. What are your thoughts on your manager and his signings this season?
5. What are your thoughts on your board & off field club activities?
6. Which one Vale player would you take past or present to add value to your squad?
7. How do you expect Vale to do this season?
8. What is your team's most memorable game with Vale (good or bad reasons)?
9. A score prediction (and potential scorers for both sides)?

Please also feel free to include any other information you feel worthy and I will knock it into a report as per the example below regarding contribution from Notts County fans from a game with them;
http://www.onevalefan.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?76437-Opposing-views-Notts-County-%28H%29

To enable me to produce this in good time I need a reply by Saturday and the report will appear on our website prior to the fixture.

Please also let me know if you would like me to include your name on the article and if you are prepared to share one a photo of yourself we can utilise with the article.

Many thanks for your potential support in this matter.

Best Regards,

REP
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, August 12, 2015, 22:45:46 »

Can't you just rehash the ones from last season? I doubt much has changed except for our record getting even better against Vale  Wink
Robbie Earles Perm

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Friday, August 14, 2015, 00:15:51 »

I'd love to 4D but I'm sure many things have changed including your personnel andd the fact we might just be significantly better than last season!  Yes

Anyone like to take part?
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Friday, August 14, 2015, 10:36:33 »

I did it last season but happy to do it again

1. Tell us a bit about yourself & history as a fan? London based Swindon fan, dad took me to the CG in the late 80s as a nipper and the rest is history. Lived in Edinburgh and Luxembourg for a lot of my life so hadn't been able to get to as many games as I would have liked, but been a ST holder for the last 2 seasons now.
2. How do you expect your team to do this season (including a forecast for a positional finish for the entire season)? Difficult to tell given the player turnover. As a pessimist I'll go 14th
3. Who should we watch out for (one or more danger player/s)? Got to be Nathan Byrne after his opening day hat-trick. Switched from Wing Back to number 10 and is going to give a lot of defences heartache this season.
4. What are your thoughts on your manager and his signings this season? Goes about his business quietly and we can't really complain given he took us into the play-offs last season. Not sure he makes the signings, but so far difficult to tell given we've only played 1 game. flair Frenchman Fabian Robert could be a gem of a signing.
5. What are your thoughts on your board & off field club activities? Lee Power seems to be shrewd and have contacts in the game. We are looking to buy a good training facility which sounds like he is thinking long term. We are bringing in young players for nothing and making good profit on them, something a skint League 1 side has to do in this day and age.
6. Which one Vale player would you take past or present to add value to your squad? We could do with some fire-power up front, Foyle comes to mind but as an ex-Oxford player, I can't pick him so will go for Pope, although he seems like a poor man's Micheal Smith who we are looking to offload.
7. How do you expect Vale to do this season? Mid-table
8. What is your team's most memorable game with Vale (good or bad reasons)? When we won the league 2 championship under DiCanio. 5-0 and even my missus (who hates football) came.
9. A score prediction (and potential scorers for both sides)? 3-1 (Robert, Byrne, Obika - Moore for Vale)

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Friday, August 14, 2015, 12:03:22 »

1. Tell us a bit about yourself & history as a fan? Bath-based Swindon fan, do stuff with @TownEndDisplays on Twitter
2. How do you expect your team to do this season (including a forecast for a positional finish for the entire season)? Play offs
3. Who should we watch out for (one or more danger player/s)? Byrne and Robert
4. What are your thoughts on your manager and his signings this season? Impressed by the quality, but not quantity
5. What are your thoughts on your board & off field club activities? Not ideal. The club seem to want a bad relationship with a lot of our fans.
6. Which one Vale player would you take past or present to add value to your squad? Don't know any of them, sorry.
7. How do you expect Vale to do this season? 8th/9th
8. What is your team's most memorable game with Vale (good or bad reasons)? The 5-2 a few years back was awesome.
9. A score prediction (and potential scorers for both sides)? 3-1 // Obika, Robert & Branco the scorers

Swindon Town Displays. Can you help out?
http://www.gofundme.com/STFCDisplays
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Friday, August 14, 2015, 14:20:20 »

1. Tell us a bit about yourself & history as a fan?
 Usual story, old fella took me in the mid 70's. Had the usual peaks and troughs of going to every game some seasons. and none others, depending on what life is dictating at the time. Living in Surrey causes issues now, couldn't make last week when all set as the motorways were jammed, and due to work not sure when I can go again now.
2. How do you expect your team to do this season (including a forecast for a positional finish for the entire season)?
Depends entirely on who comes and who stays. If we lose Byrne, Kasim , and Smith and don't get as good in. We'll be bothering the bottom 4. If we keep those and add 2 or 3, then we'll be up the top end again. I think with our chairmen the latter is the more likely at this time.
3. Who should we watch out for (one or more danger player/s)?
Byrne, and Obika.
4. What are your thoughts on your manager and his signings this season?
I like him, blunt and to the point, now seems to be using other tactical formations other than 3-5-2 now, which is a bonus, as we got rumbled, tail end of last season. Not sure who does the signings, my guess is a mix of manager and chairmen, whoever though can certainly spot the good uns.
5. What are your thoughts on your board & off field club activities?
 Bar the press thing all good. We're debt free, a new training ground coming, and an ethos that ensures stability, but we all know here, there's always something coming that will bite and bite bad!
6. Which one Vale player would you take past or present to add value to your squad?
A peak Robbie Earle would improve any squad down here.
7. How do you expect Vale to do this season?
Reading between the lines, I think your chairman has pulled in the purse strings as well, not sure about who you bought in, but the loss of Pope would hurt most teams. I suspect you'll stay up, but don't expect you to figure near the top this season
8. What is your team's most memorable game with Vale (good or bad reasons)?
I always remember one mid/ late 70's I think, when you bought about 20 fans, and they were surrounded 2nd half by the full mongness of the town end( you could walk round the ground inside then) I really feared for their lives, but the police somehow got them out unscathed. I think it might have been 2-2, but I mainly watched your fans so might be wrong on that, as it was far more exciting than the game.
9. A score prediction (and potential scorers for both sides)?

I haven't even looked if it's home or away, but either way we seem to have the hoodoo over you last few years. If we're at home, 2-0 to us, if we're away 2-2 draw. Cant see anyone other than Byrne or Obika scoring at the moment.
Robbie Earles Perm

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, August 15, 2015, 10:51:50 »

Smashing thanks guys, I now have four so thats great. I will piece them together and produce an article that will appear on our site on Monday.

Thanks again particularly to Bobs Orange and good luck for the season especially after Tuesday!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: