Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The day has come  (Read 5365 times)
AldbourneRed

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, August 12, 2015, 19:05:22 »

The J Town Room is in the DRS, Stratton Bank end and can be accessed from outside next to the mural. It's open from about 12 on match days and is great for the kids.
They've got table football, Xboxs, colouring in, loads of games etc and Sky Sports on the TV.
They sell tea, coffee, sweets, crisps etc all reasonably priced. 50p will buy the kids plenty of strawberry laces and Haribo.
Rockin Robin always turns up to see the kids and you sometimes get players turning up for Q and A's.
Whenever my kids come we spend a couple of hours there and they load up on sweets for the match.
If you sit in the DRS it's open at half time too, you can get in at the end of the concourse.
pumbaa
Ha, no cunt in my title anymore. Oh.....

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, August 12, 2015, 20:00:11 »

How old is he, Pumbaa?

6, but there are days he behaves like Kevin the teenager :-)

Thanks for all the advice so far, esp Aldbourne, most useful. Might well do that - take it any kid can just go in there?
AldbourneRed

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, August 12, 2015, 20:12:26 »

Yep, just wander in, you don't even need to have a ticket for the match - no one checks
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, August 12, 2015, 20:45:59 »

I'm going to take my 4 year old in a few weeks... I'm thinking the Arkells may be the best place to take him..

Thoughts anyone?

I've been taking my two (now 7 & 5) in the Arkell's for the last 2+ seasons.  They love sitting high up over towards the Town End.  I've only ever had a bad language issue the once.  (Some would say you should expect it at football, but it was in a designated kids'/family area, so I did make a point of it.)  Good place to start.

Good luck with your little one.  I'll pass on the same advice that others on here gave me a few years ago - because it works.  Take as much in the way of food, drink, colouring books, crayons and games consoles as you can.  75 mins in to a game you really want to see the end of, and you'll understand why.
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Thursday, August 13, 2015, 06:34:47 »

So the J Town room doesn't cost for non Junior Reds members?

Roaming the land while you sleep..
AldbourneRed

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Thursday, August 13, 2015, 11:20:16 »

So the J Town room doesn't cost for non Junior Reds members?
Correct, before the match the door is open and you just walk in, no-one is there to check cards. I don't believe it's intended to be used just by Junior Reds members, it's a facility for anyone at the match with children.

At half time there is someone on the door from the DRS concourse, but all he checks is to make sure you have a kid with you, no cards get shown.

Disclaimer: This was all correct last season, they may have changed it this season but I doubt it
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Thursday, August 13, 2015, 12:49:28 »

Correct, before the match the door is open and you just walk in, no-one is there to check cards. I don't believe it's intended to be used just by Junior Reds members, it's a facility for anyone at the match with children.

At half time there is someone on the door from the DRS concourse, but all he checks is to make sure you have a kid with you, no cards get shown.

Disclaimer: This was all correct last season, they may have changed it this season but I doubt it

Lovely, thanks.

Roaming the land while you sleep..
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Thursday, August 13, 2015, 13:53:34 »

Further disclaimer: It is absolute carnage in there!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: