Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town FC v Exeter City FC - Matchday Thread  (Read 23357 times)
Benzel

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #120 on: Wednesday, August 12, 2015, 08:03:34 »

I thought we were alright for about 20 mins in the first half and could have had a couple ourselves, I can't remember the first goal but Turnbull switched off and didn't cover the space when Thompson went to help Branco down our right for the 2nd. On another night we score about 5 from that 2nd half performance.  Not overly worried tbh.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #121 on: Wednesday, August 12, 2015, 08:05:19 »

I thought we were alright for about 20 mins in the first half and could have had a couple ourselves, I can't remember the first goal but Turnbull switched off and didn't cover the space when Thompson went to help Branco down our right for the 2nd. On another night we score about 5 from that 2nd half performance.  Not overly worried tbh.

Good to know, hopefully will all fall into place.. always going to have off days, especially at the start of the season.

Roaming the land while you sleep..
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Wednesday, August 12, 2015, 08:16:03 »

saw the goals on SSN - first looked a defensive shambolic parting of the red sea - no idea where our players were.

second the lads made a good run but we didn't get a challenge in - but like Byrne's on Saturday in that respect.

well taken strike by beaks
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Wednesday, August 12, 2015, 08:20:32 »

Anyone know if C5 are to do a JPT highlights show too? I see they're doing the Capital One Cup highlights show..

Skinny Pete

« Reply #124 on: Wednesday, August 12, 2015, 09:47:36 »

Payments to him, his agent or previous club based on his next appearance?

I can imagine tonight was pretty frustrating for those there, but this competition throws up some upsets every season, and has done so tonight. I would imagine fans of Forest, Brentford and (very nearly) Hull aren't too pleased with their matches tonight - all will have good seasons.

I still think we will get another 4 players in before the end of the month. Villa loans and some permanent. Long old season, and we've started pretty well really.
We're only able to bring 1 more in on loan. Power will have to put his hand in his pocket for anyone else.

Sooner Smith is sorted the better but Power does seem a obdurate bugger when it comes to money. Poor old Storey in limbo cos Power wants money for him.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Wednesday, August 12, 2015, 10:14:37 »

We're only able to bring 1 more in on loan. Power will have to put his hand in his pocket for anyone else.

Sooner Smith is sorted the better but Power does seem a obdurate bugger when it comes to money. Poor old Storey in limbo cos Power wants money for him.

The best way to get money for him is to have him performing on the pitch in your cup games

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Wednesday, August 12, 2015, 10:14:54 »

Good to know, hopefully will all fall into place.. always going to have off days, especially at the start of the season.
if you look at the stats the complete story of the game is there, we had 60% possession with 22 shots, just 4 on target, Exeter had 7 shots with 5 on target.  Too much tippy-tappy and then forced to shoot from long range.  Just to say those stats came from the Adver, so may not be correct!!
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Wednesday, August 12, 2015, 10:16:29 »

Sooner Smith is sorted the better but Power does seem a obdurate bugger when it comes to money.
In his interview with Sam, Cooper did say he wants it sorted and Smith will be involved on Saturday if nothing is sorted re his transfer.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Wednesday, August 12, 2015, 11:26:40 »

We don't know that, I suspect some of our loans maybe on youth loans it has not been disclosed if anyone is or not - we did have a couple on youth loans last season
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Wednesday, August 12, 2015, 11:28:02 »

He can't be overly happy to be (seemingly) second in line again this season, but, naturally, you have to pick your best squad. If Vigouroux is better, Ty will have to try and deal with that..
Thing is from what I've seen he just isn't good enough to be a first choice league 1 keeper. He just lacks stature both in terms of his height and the way he commands his box. We also made him available for loan last season and there were no takers which I think says a lot.
He's a useful backup and that's it really! As I said previously he's very much another Phil Smith!
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Wednesday, August 12, 2015, 12:47:17 »

Thing is from what I've seen he just isn't good enough to be a first choice league 1 keeper. He just lacks stature both in terms of his height and the way he commands his box. We also made him available for loan last season and there were no takers which I think says a lot.
He's a useful backup and that's it really! As I said previously he's very much another Phil Smith!

I agree.

Panda Paws

« Reply #131 on: Wednesday, August 12, 2015, 12:47:31 »

We also made him available for loan last season and there were no takers which I think says a lot.

There were takers, we blocked any move away as we didn't have a 3rd choice until his bro came in.
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Wednesday, August 12, 2015, 14:39:02 »

They are blocking any loan moves this season too.
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Wednesday, August 12, 2015, 14:41:48 »

Out of interest, when is he contracted until?

tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Wednesday, August 12, 2015, 14:44:48 »

Got another 2 years.

I see he is gonna be a dad too, so congrats to him
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: