Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Parking Eye  (Read 7602 times)
Sir Cliff Pipehard

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, March 8, 2017, 00:40:38 »

I've had a couple of these in the past and totally ignored them.

If you respond,then they know they've got a fish on their hook.

My advice would be to ritually burn the letter and repeat the phrase "I will not get done for this" over and over again,out loud to yourself for at least 10 minutes,the longer the better,with real conviction.

They normally send about 3 or 4 letters in total threatening court action/bayliffs/credit rating damage etc but hold your nerve,repeat the mantra,and they will leave you alone.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, March 8, 2017, 09:49:36 »

I've had a couple of these in the past and totally ignored them.

If you respond,then they know they've got a fish on their hook.

My advice would be to ritually burn the letter and repeat the phrase "I will not get done for this" over and over again,out loud to yourself for at least 10 minutes,the longer the better,with real conviction.

They normally send about 3 or 4 letters in total threatening court action/bayliffs/credit rating damage etc but hold your nerve,repeat the mantra,and they will leave you alone.

Again I haven't got time to look, but recall that when it was being discussed to death up here someone pointed out that a legal test case recently has strengthened the hand of the parking companies somewhat?
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, March 8, 2017, 17:48:26 »

They have successfully sought court orders to pay the outstanding debt on many occasions, but if your case never makes it that far then the debt is relatively unenforceable.  It will depend on the situation as they only tend to push the ones to court where it is clear and obvious that the charge isn't a Penalty designed to make them some money.  Lets say you park in a privately controlled piece of land that serves the ER of a hospital - you may well lose that one given the intention of the charge is discourage people causing life and death issues.

If you were pinged for having a half visible ticket that did in fact cover the parking period, well, they won't push that one to court because the judge will rightly suggest a 100 quid charge is indeed a penalty in this instance as they suffered loss of infringement.

There is some very specific wording around time period within which they must serve notice, specifically where the driver of the vehicle is not know (which is most cases as they go by the vehicle reg).  If they don't manage to achieve that, they have zero case at all.
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Friday, March 10, 2017, 16:42:21 »

Of course there is a trick to these ANPR parking systems... park your car,  unscrew your number plate and just carry your number plate passed the camera as you leave to do your shopping... the system automitally picks up your number plate, thinks you have left 2 minutes after you arrived... then, 6 hours later when your missus has spent all her money, drive your car out and reattach your number plate...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Friday, March 10, 2017, 16:43:11 »

Smiley
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Monday, April 3, 2017, 11:25:45 »

Maybe best not to park in one of these places on a regular basis though, you might get away with the odd one but this woman thought these tickets were unenforceable and has just ended up with a £25k bill:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-tayside-central-39478203
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Thursday, April 20, 2017, 18:15:11 »

Parking question. The car park at Halfords and the grange says customers can park for two hours. I assume they have number plate recognition to enforce / penalise.

Question is, if I park there, piss off to the gym round the corner for about 45 minutes to an hour, then come back and drive off - can I or will I get in trouble?? I'd have thought not, but waned to double check

Things get better but they never get good
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Thursday, April 20, 2017, 18:17:32 »

I've gone into town from Halfords/Range car park with no issues.

Not sure they'd be able to tell where you went.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Thursday, April 20, 2017, 20:24:08 »

Yeah that's what I thought, just wanted a second opinion. Cheers dude

Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #24 on: Friday, April 21, 2017, 10:40:18 »

Parking question. The car park at Halfords and the grange says customers can park for two hours. I assume they have number plate recognition to enforce / penalise.

Question is, if I park there, piss off to the gym round the corner for about 45 minutes to an hour, then come back and drive off - can I or will I get in trouble?? I'd have thought not, but waned to double check

If you are worried, there's a number of 2 hour bays along Beckhampton street, unless you're going at peak hours they don't fill up.
If you are going peak hours, then at the moment there are no parking restrictions in that area after 6pm anyway. There are plans to change the restrictions soonish, but knowing the council it will probably take the council forever to change the signage.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Friday, April 21, 2017, 10:52:34 »

Why not walk or cycle to the gym? A useful warm up and then warm down exercise.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Friday, April 21, 2017, 11:18:05 »

Cheers si. I knew about the one hour slots, couldn't find the two hour ones

It would take me about an hour to walk to the gym. I can't be fucked with that

Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #27 on: Friday, April 21, 2017, 11:27:56 »

They're further down, near the York Road end so a bit more of a walk than Halfords. If you cross to Northampton street on the opposite side there are a few 2 hours bays at the top of there too.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Friday, April 21, 2017, 11:40:54 »

There seems a certain irony in not being prepared to do exercise to do exercise...
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Friday, April 21, 2017, 12:28:19 »

Cheers Si

I see your point reg but I'm a busy cosmopolitan man and don't have two hours to spare each day walking to and from the gym

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: