Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Red Army Fund  (Read 9654 times)
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday, August 4, 2015, 21:09:33 »

If it was to fund a new Town End Stand I think they would get a lot of support. The idea of putting my hand into my pockets to part with hard earned cash just to put a roof on a stand that is for away fans doesn't appeal, and for that reason I'm out.

Ha ha. Gets asked for a tenner and thinks he's on Dragon's Den.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday, August 4, 2015, 21:48:28 »

Ha ha. Gets asked for a tenner and thinks he's on Dragon's Den.

There is a sort of point there though. It was probably done to death before but.

Well firstly its great that the Trust are trying to do something positive, and that it is seen as an ongoing venture, not just the roof.

My question about whether the club have committed to allowing regular (more than 2? a season) mass promotion on the scale of the school give-away last season was a real one. Or even like Ice Hockey - cheap/free tickets for a few schools every week (if the bank is not in use for away fans).

Because I want to get behind it, but I still can't really see the point (sorry). I've not gone through the Trust's red army website so apologies if its answered there. I'll look over the next few days.
Matt71

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Wednesday, August 5, 2015, 05:17:22 »

The trusts aim is to use the bank when possible as a family area,complete with a community garden,kids play area etc.it would be unrealistic to have mass free promotions every week but the trust intend to build up family support through our schools system .for example the trust offered deals for a parent and child ticket last season for almost every game after Xmas in the corner of the Don Rogers and we regularly had 500 people in there.the trust now have a huge amount of schools signed up through Swindon and wilts and intend to steadily grow support through the coming seasons.of course the club own the stand and will have final say on use but up to now they have been brilliant towards the trust and are very supportive with all the ideas put to them.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Wednesday, August 5, 2015, 07:40:24 »

If that is the plan, I still believe that schools outside wilts and Swindon need to be targeted. Areas like shrivenham, watchfield and faringdon. Oxford seem to advertise in these areas but are closer to Swindon.

Happy to distribute if needs be.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Matt71

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Wednesday, August 5, 2015, 16:39:23 »

If that is the plan, I still believe that schools outside wilts and Swindon need to be targeted. Areas like shrivenham, watchfield and faringdon. Oxford seem to advertise in these areas but are closer to Swindon.

You are correct,the trust plans to eventually cover every school that could possible be interested in Swindon town.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Wednesday, August 5, 2015, 16:47:54 »

So are the club 100% on-board?
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Wednesday, August 5, 2015, 17:00:38 »

So are the club 100% on-board?

No one knows.

Except Fanzai...

suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Wednesday, August 5, 2015, 17:19:21 »

You are correct,the trust plans to eventually cover every school that could possible be interested in Swindon town.

How far out is it likely to go? There used to be big followings in Newbury and Thatcham for example, until the plastics got their act together.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: