Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Red Army Fund  (Read 9752 times)
PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, August 4, 2015, 13:41:48 »

Didnt Power say he wouldnt expect to have a roof on the bank due to complications and objections when it goes to planning?

I'll seek an answer from the Trust Board member dealing with this, but I'd politely suggest they may have looked into it further than Power.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, August 4, 2015, 13:56:11 »

Didnt Power say he wouldnt expect to have a roof on the bank due to complications and objections when it goes to planning?

The roof is planned below the clock and scoreboard, so there should not be any objections.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, August 4, 2015, 14:28:12 »

If it was to fund a new Town End Stand I think they would get a lot of support. The idea of putting my hand into my pockets to part with hard earned cash just to put a roof on a stand that is for away fans doesn't appeal, and for that reason I'm out.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, August 4, 2015, 14:38:46 »

The old Red Army Fund was disbanded last year after discussions with the Supporters Club, the last of those funds were spent on Harry Toffolos wages last season.

http://www.whtimes.co.uk/sport/football/swindon_town_supporters_trust_fund_harry_toffolo_loan_spell_1_3924153
OK, thanks. What about existing members of the Trust? The website seems to imply that membership of the new scheme is the same as membership of the Trust? ("NEW TRUSTSTFC MEMBERSHIP LEVELS: RED, BRONZE, SILVER, GOLD"). If I'm just a "normal" member of the Trust do I automatically become a "RED" member under this new scheme? Do the different levels affect my membership in any other way (e.g. is still one member one vote) or is just about whether you get a badge or a T-shirt or whatever?
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, August 4, 2015, 14:47:54 »

If it was to fund a new Town End Stand I think they would get a lot of support. The idea of putting my hand into my pockets to part with hard earned cash just to put a roof on a stand that is for away fans doesn't appeal, and for that reason I'm out.

Well that's a nice balanced argument, thanks.
PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, August 4, 2015, 14:48:49 »

OK, thanks. What about existing members of the Trust? The website seems to imply that membership of the new scheme is the same as membership of the Trust? ("NEW TRUSTSTFC MEMBERSHIP LEVELS: RED, BRONZE, SILVER, GOLD"). If I'm just a "normal" member of the Trust do I automatically become a "RED" member under this new scheme? Do the different levels affect my membership in any other way (e.g. is still one member one vote) or is just about whether you get a badge or a T-shirt or whatever?

Not my area, but I'll ask and get back to you.
PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, August 4, 2015, 14:49:56 »

The idea is that when the Stratton Bank isn't used by away fans, ie currently most of the time, it could be used for families and kids, to get the next generation of fans through the gates. Obviously the Trust did this last year for a match, without the aid of a roof. BUT it was rather squeaky bum time in regards to the weather in the run up to that one.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, August 4, 2015, 14:55:28 »

Not my area, but I'll ask and get back to you.
Ta. Might be an idea also to suggest doing an email out to members to clarify this (if there's actually anything to clarify and it's not just me being a f**kwit - tbf, I know where the smart money is on that one!)
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, August 4, 2015, 14:56:46 »

bloody hell didnt realise the shrivvy road end of the bank looked that much of a shithole  Eek
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday, August 4, 2015, 15:11:02 »

Quote from: PetsWinPrizes
The idea is that when the Stratton Bank isn't used by away fans, ie currently most of the time, it could be used for families and kids, to get the next generation of fans through the gates. Obviously the Trust did this last year for a match, without the aid of a roof. BUT it was rather squeaky bum time in regards to the weather in the run up to that one.
has the trust got the clubs approval for ticket incentives on that scale once the roof is on?
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, August 4, 2015, 15:16:49 »

has the trust got the clubs approval for ticket incentives on that scale once the roof is on?

How would this be affected in any ground re-development, i.e. will it be ripped down and thrown away if / when a development comes along
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, August 4, 2015, 15:24:20 »

At worst it will there a few years, as it's training ground first before any development. Then (although I don't know the design) it could be possibly be sold Ala the old shrivvy road stand to someone maybe.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday, August 4, 2015, 18:31:45 »

And the video with Super Sammy Parkin, Fraser Digby and 'Sir' Don :

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday, August 4, 2015, 20:56:47 »

Ahhhhh that's really cute
Cute little cartoon Sam  Embarrassed Girl Giggle
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday, August 4, 2015, 20:59:24 »

The other video is a bit long
I'm afraid my attention span isn't that good and I just kept thinking about giving Shaun Hodgetts a make over!
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: