Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The phone in  (Read 14802 times)
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Monday, August 3, 2015, 23:17:23 »

be the SB roof I reckon.
Be a fundraising exercise for it I'd imagine. I'm guessing the club don't envisage anything soon though having put the new scoreboard and advertising up. Notice whatever it is they are announcing will be in the Adver too...
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday, August 4, 2015, 06:30:00 »

Be a fundraising exercise for it I'd imagine. I'm guessing the club don't envisage anything soon though having put the new scoreboard and advertising up. Notice whatever it is they are announcing will be in the Adver too...
Correct...

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/swindon_town_2014/13526773.Revitalised_Red_Army_Fund_aims_to_raise_the_roof/
china red

« Reply #32 on: Tuesday, August 4, 2015, 06:40:48 »

Most questions were kept to tweets and emails, I assume so that they could limit ranting fans
PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Tuesday, August 4, 2015, 07:02:50 »

Was that you doing the twittering pets?

Yes, my fingers hurt by the end, needed a medicinal ale come 8pm
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Tuesday, August 4, 2015, 07:46:30 »

did a good job it was coming thick and fast
PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Tuesday, August 4, 2015, 08:16:32 »

did a good job it was coming thick and fast

Ta, every other time there has been a travel update break at half past, which is a blessed relief. They didn't do that this time. Think Hodgetts was trolling me
kaufman

« Reply #36 on: Tuesday, August 4, 2015, 12:05:32 »

Also worth mentioning Power kind of let it slip about 23 min in that we got £3.5mil for Luongo and Gladwin
Flashheart

« Reply #37 on: Tuesday, August 4, 2015, 12:11:18 »

Also worth mentioning Power kind of let it slip about 23 min in that we got £3.5mil for Luongo and Gladwin

Yeah, this was one of these so called 'awkward' questions that we've been missing out on lately.

The question was asked, and then answered.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Tuesday, August 4, 2015, 12:17:20 »

Most questions were kept to tweets and emails, I assume so that they could limit ranting fans

A decision they must have felt was justified when the dribbling mong got through on the phone and asked why the Liverpool tickets were cheaper than the Bradford ones
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Tuesday, August 4, 2015, 12:20:43 »

A decision they must have felt was justified when the dribbling mong got through on the phone and asked why the Liverpool tickets were cheaper than the Bradford ones
I cringed a bit at that one, but i felt the point he was actually trying to make was that the match day tickets were too expensive, ie £15 for Liverpool and £25 for Bradford . . . just my take on it!!
PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Tuesday, August 4, 2015, 12:21:48 »

Aside from the customary Miles Storey query, that was the only cringe moment for me. Felt the questions were well selected, covered a good range of topics, and crucially, addressed the Media ban without allowing it to dominate.
Skinny Pete

« Reply #41 on: Tuesday, August 4, 2015, 12:23:20 »

He did skip answering directly if the club was now debt-free, though.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Tuesday, August 4, 2015, 12:27:28 »

I cringed a bit at that one, but i felt the point he was actually trying to make was that the match day tickets were too expensive, ie £15 for Liverpool and £25 for Bradford . . . just my take on it!!

He wasnt the sharpest knife going so quite possibly that was case
PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Tuesday, August 4, 2015, 12:31:13 »

He did skip answering directly if the club was now debt-free, though.
Yes, not saying all the answers were perfect, but at least Beeb made sure it didn't turn into Fanzai hour.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Tuesday, August 4, 2015, 12:35:50 »

Yes, not saying all the answers were perfect, but at least Beeb made sure it didn't turn into Fanzai hour.
Yeah and gave Shaun Hodgetts another chance to cream his pants!!  Power did say he was prepared to do a phone-in once a month, we will see!!!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: