Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: So, how are we shaping up?  (Read 32469 times)
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Monday, August 3, 2015, 19:27:40 »

The Liverpool keeper will be first choice, that's one of specifications on us getting him
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Monday, August 3, 2015, 19:43:41 »

The Liverpool keeper will be first choice, that's one of specifications on us getting him

Bet belfords pissed about that
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Monday, August 3, 2015, 21:33:29 »

He could have seized his pre-season opportunity with both hands but Vigoureux is a necessary and welcome signing from what I've seen so far
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Tuesday, August 4, 2015, 06:03:57 »

As nice a guy Belford seems to be, I just can't see him being a number 1 anywhere. Decent enough to be called upon if needed, but I haven't  seen enough for me to be convinced he can do it on a regular basis..

Roaming the land while you sleep..
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #64 on: Tuesday, August 4, 2015, 07:08:47 »

As nice a guy Belford seems to be, I just can't see him being a number 1 anywhere. Decent enough to be called upon if needed, but I haven't  seen enough for me to be convinced he can do it on a regular basis..
I agree totally.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Tuesday, August 4, 2015, 08:29:01 »

That maybe a little premature, he is only 21.  I agree he is not first choice level yet though.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Tuesday, August 4, 2015, 08:41:26 »

That maybe a little premature, he is only 21.  I agree he is not first choice level yet though.

That's what I mean... I'm talking currently. Not in the future as god only knows what may happen.

Naturally some people develop as players earlier than others.

Look at Aaron Moody, for example..
« Last Edit: Tuesday, August 4, 2015, 09:48:22 by DarloSTFC84 » Logged

Roaming the land while you sleep..
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Tuesday, August 4, 2015, 09:42:51 »

I don't think Belford's had a real chance yet. He's only really played in JPT and a few league games here & there. It'd be really interesting to see how he was with a 1st choice defence and a solid run of games with the backing of the staff.

It wouldn't surprise me if he went now, due to us signing Vigouroux. But it does depend who's first choice...

Swindon Town Displays. Can you help out?
http://www.gofundme.com/STFCDisplays
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Tuesday, August 4, 2015, 09:59:34 »

Vigouroux is surely only going to be a loan deal? I don't see why getting a decent keeper on loan would force Belford to leave. You need 2 good keepers in a decent side in case one gets injured, and I'm pretty certain Cooper would know how best to keep them both in form and get them both some game time.

They can always share the gloves, especially at the start of the season when both have something to prove. It's not like we HAVE to only play one keeper all year. Gone are the days of Wes, where it would just be silly to put someone else in when we have someone that good. Give 'em both a share and see who steps up.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Tuesday, August 4, 2015, 10:00:12 »

It appears that Ty Belford has been pretty professional throughout so I doubt he'll throw toys out of prams right now. A month elsewhere would be good maybe at some point but he's on to a winner.

- He's currently on a two year Football League contract with 15+ potential years left in a goalkeepers career.
- A move away doesn't always equate to first team football.
- Settled well, seemingly loves his Swindon Speedway
- Local girlfriend (I think)
- A family history of journeyman goalkeepers who no doubt we'll be saying 'stick it out'.

If Lawrence Vigouroux is better, then he's better.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Tuesday, August 4, 2015, 10:09:16 »

It appears that Ty Belford has been pretty professional throughout so I doubt he'll throw toys out of prams right now. A month elsewhere would be good maybe at some point but he's on to a winner.

- He's currently on a two year Football League contract with 15+ potential years left in a goalkeepers career.
- A move away doesn't always equate to first team football.
- Settled well, seemingly loves his Swindon Speedway
- Local girlfriend (I think)
- A family history of journeyman goalkeepers who no doubt we'll be saying 'stick it out'.

If Lawrence Vigouroux is better, then he's better.

Vigouroux, has the advantage of having red in his name, albeit French for red. I can think of Michael Reddy, who I liked but never lived up to his promise and Freddie Jones, who I recall from my very early days, similarly nomenclatured. Got to be a few more surely?
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Tuesday, August 4, 2015, 10:22:45 »

I don't think Belford's had a real chance yet. He's only really played in JPT and a few league games here & there. It'd be really interesting to see how he was with a 1st choice defence and a solid run of games with the backing of the staff.

It wouldn't surprise me if he went now, due to us signing Vigouroux. But it does depend who's first choice...
He did have a first choice defence majority of the league games he played did he not? Bar the Orient game?
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Tuesday, August 4, 2015, 10:46:12 »

Vigouroux, has the advantage of having red in his name, albeit French for red. I can think of Michael Reddy, who I liked but never lived up to his promise and Freddie Jones, who I recall from my very early days, similarly nomenclatured. Got to be a few more surely?

Wheatcroft, Darras and loads of early era Fred's.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Tuesday, August 4, 2015, 11:04:22 »

Wheatcroft, Darras and loads of early era Fred's.

Yep and Alfred like Stephens and Wilfred like Shergold and Dixon.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Tuesday, August 4, 2015, 11:41:35 »

By this logic, Robin Hulbert should have been quality.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: