Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: So, how are we shaping up?  (Read 32538 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Friday, July 31, 2015, 10:06:33 »

Very difficult to tell.  Presumably SP is on some sort of wind up, saying Cooper knows the French market....if he did he'd steer well clear, OK good for boudin noir, fromage and fruit de mer, but Div 3 footballers, nah.

Can anyone help, aside from David Friio, who Sturrock signed for Argyle, I'm struggling to think of any Frenchman who's made a notable contribution to an upwardly mobile Div 3 club?

Skinny Pete

« Reply #16 on: Friday, July 31, 2015, 10:08:01 »

Not me saying that - was quoting ASD

I think we need a few Reg's at Calais
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Friday, July 31, 2015, 10:17:57 »

Not me saying that - was quoting ASD

I think we need a few Reg's at Calais

1588 was a bad year when Queen Mary lost the Pas de Calais, to the French, I'm sure somewhere we must still have a claim to it.

Bonaparte amassed his troops there in 1805  to prepare for an invasion, and needed to be defeated to free Europe from tyranny....Cameron is no Wellington.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Friday, July 31, 2015, 10:18:51 »

But we did that last season with Ricketts. Didn't make much difference.

I think we were unlucky with Ricketts.  It was the right idea at the right time, but his performances didn't make the impact they should have done.  I would try a similar signing at the same point next season.

I still maintain the Luongo/Kasim Asia Cup did us no favours at all.

The bizarre thing about the Asia Cup was we managed just fine without Luongo & Kasim during January.  It was when they both returned in February that the wheels fell off.  Not disagreeing with your point though.  It was an unwanted distraction that we paid for heavily due to the thinness of the squad.
PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Friday, July 31, 2015, 10:38:05 »

Can anyone help, aside from David Friio, who Sturrock signed for Argyle, I'm struggling to think of any Frenchman who's made a notable contribution to an upwardly mobile Div 3 club?

Lilian Nalis did ok for Plymuff, just not so well for us sadly.

Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Friday, July 31, 2015, 10:42:37 »

Morgan Schneiderlin started at Southampton in L1. Diagouraga was alright for Brentford.  I've got a feeling there was a french centre back who was imperious for Leeds and possibly Sheff Weds but no idea of his name?

Oh and Max Gradel, french speaking Ivorian but was brilliant when he was in L1, player of the year I think?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #21 on: Friday, July 31, 2015, 10:46:41 »

Lilian Nalis did ok for Plymuff, just not so well for us sadly.

If you count French nationals rather than just born in France then I would suggest Eugene Dadi when he was at Tranmere he scored 28 goals in Div 3.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Friday, July 31, 2015, 11:28:47 »

The keeper at Plymouth, Romain Larrieu, was one of the better lower league keepers for quite a few years I always thought.
Flashheart

« Reply #23 on: Friday, July 31, 2015, 12:06:49 »

Ha.

Fabien Robert is not Laurent Robert's brother after all.
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Friday, July 31, 2015, 12:15:19 »

Ha.

Fabien Robert is not Laurent Robert's brother after all.
Why not?
Chippy Red

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Friday, July 31, 2015, 12:31:36 »

We lost a lot of defenders from last season, most loans returning to their parent clubs.  We have added Williams and Boo but haven't added a dominant in the air centre half that we all think we need.  At end of last season Cooper himself said we need to add a bit of steal.  Darrissa i guess adds that in midfield but at the back we still dont have it.  Just have to hope we are waiting on loans that fill the gaps we have left.
Skinny Pete

« Reply #26 on: Friday, July 31, 2015, 12:32:27 »

Why not?
Cos he said so. Mistake on Wiki
kaufman

« Reply #27 on: Friday, July 31, 2015, 12:33:01 »

https://soundcloud.com/bbc-wiltshire-1/new-swindon-town-signing-fabien-robert-talks-to-bbc-wiltshire
EldeneRed

« Reply #28 on: Friday, July 31, 2015, 12:40:52 »

Well that was awkward...
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Friday, July 31, 2015, 12:47:22 »

So the doyen of broadcasting in this country now gets its info from Wikipaedia.....

It's All Good..............
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: