Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Advertising Hoardings on Don Rogers Stand Barriers  (Read 21717 times)
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Thursday, July 30, 2015, 21:33:41 »

Not sure it really works at the County Ground, if I'm honest.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Thursday, July 30, 2015, 21:36:15 »

Go wash your mouth out with something soapy..

Wasn't so much referring to your kitsch 70s version, to be fair.  More to Copland's 1940s classic.  I think it's right up there with Gershwin's 'Rhapsody in Blue'.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Thursday, July 30, 2015, 21:38:08 »

Yeah lost me. I was thinking Ramones and New York Dolls Smiley
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Friday, July 31, 2015, 08:14:00 »

I've had a response from STFC already:

I hope your well and thank you for your e-mail regarding the new Nationwide advertising boards.

This was first brought to my attention at the Everton Friendly a couple of weeks ago.

We have checked with our General Manager on this, however due to the sponsorship agreement being signed we cannot take the advertising boards down.

If you want to stay in your current seats we can offer you 15% off of your season ticket, you would need to come into the club shop or email us a contact number for yourself and we will call you to arrange the refund.

If you wish to move seats please let us know and we can try and find some better suited seats for you.

Apologies for the inconvenience this will cause, this was something that was over looked when the sponsorship agreement and branding was agreed.

I think my next job will be to contact Nationwide for their comments.  I'm sure they (nor STFC) won't want the unwanted publicity this might bring if someone (as the guy who sits in front of us is talking about doing) were to go to the Adver with this.
Take the discount and sit somewhere else. Win win!

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Friday, July 31, 2015, 12:20:09 »

Well, having read some of the comments on here I was wondering whether not I should contact Nationwide about this.  But then I thought that, come the start of the season, a lot of people are going to be unhappy about it, so I did contact them to ask for their comments.  I received the following response:

I am sorry to hear of your concerns especially as you are a season ticket holder with Swindon Football Club.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.  This information has been passed to our Marketing Team and they are contacting Swindon FC to see how we can resolve this.  Our Marketing Team have asked if they can contact you directly once they have liaised with the football club.

And, today, guess what?  I had a call from Nationwide have saying that the boards will be removed.  Maybe not this weekend but they've asked STFC to remove them ASAP. 

Fair play, surely there can be some common sense agreement that Nationwide signs can be placed strategically elsewhere and still be in full view of the paying public
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Friday, July 31, 2015, 12:46:18 »

Fair play, surely there can be some common sense agreement that Nationwide signs can be placed strategically elsewhere and still be in full view of the paying public

Perhaps over the windows of the press box?
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Saturday, August 1, 2015, 09:46:17 »

So the sponsors are showing the club how to deal with customers. It's not difficult is it, but when the culture of the management is 'if it doesn't make us money, it's not worth doing' what should we expect.
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Saturday, August 1, 2015, 10:02:02 »

Got to say, fair play to Nationwide over that. Swindon Town FC give a half-assed response, but the people paying the money for the advertising are telling the club to take them down?

Only in Swindon.

Swindon Town Displays. Can you help out?
http://www.gofundme.com/STFCDisplays
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Saturday, August 1, 2015, 10:04:25 »

I know there isn't a lot going on but it does seem like the fans aren't exactly being given a good experience currently. Given the way this appears to have gone down with the support attendances could be way down this season.

The club really should be doing more to get the fans onside.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Skinny Pete

« Reply #54 on: Saturday, August 1, 2015, 10:10:22 »

We don't need a press box now, surely.
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Saturday, August 1, 2015, 10:19:48 »

We don't need a press box now, surely.

Just offer two half-price season tickets for Hawes and Parkin.

Swindon Town Displays. Can you help out?
http://www.gofundme.com/STFCDisplays
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Saturday, August 1, 2015, 10:51:13 »

Clap

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Red and Proud

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Sunday, August 2, 2015, 07:27:00 »

There should be a fanfare for that.

Doh
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Sunday, August 2, 2015, 14:39:49 »

Tbh if the terms of the deal were agreed upon it's highly likely Nationwide printed up the boards and sent them to be fitted at the ground. Not absolving STFC of all fault, but it's more in Nationwide's court than theirs. It's not as if they want to be thought of as being the company that obscures football fans views every week. Not exactly great PR for them.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Sunday, August 2, 2015, 23:06:14 »

I can see why you'd be miffed, but I think the club provided a reasonable solution. If they're taken down then even better.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: