Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Advertising Hoardings on Don Rogers Stand Barriers  (Read 21694 times)
Mrs Brown

Ignore
« on: Monday, July 27, 2015, 18:32:34 »

We sit in the second row of the upper part of the Don Rogers Stand next to an aisle.  At the bottom of the steps, there is a barrier which very slightly obstructed our view last season but we could see what was going on through the railings and were happy with our seats so bought the same season tickets for the upcoming season.  Having been to the pre-season friendlies, we found that our view through the railings is now obscured by an advertising hoarding placed there in the close season.  Looking along the stand, we could see that the other seven barriers are similarly obstructed.  The guy who sits in front of us has an even worse view and is furious, having got nowhere on his approaches to the club.  I have e-mailed the club this evening to register my displeasure and await a response.  Anyone else having a similar problem?  
« Last Edit: Monday, July 27, 2015, 18:35:24 by Mrs Brown » Logged
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, July 27, 2015, 18:34:14 »

Don't hold your breath waiting for a reply!
Mrs Brown

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, July 27, 2015, 18:47:26 »

I'd imagine that when the league season starts, there will be further complaints, there being seven other barriers similarly obscured by advertising.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, July 27, 2015, 19:40:12 »

I'd imagine that when the league season starts, there will be further complaints, there being seven other barriers similarly obscured by advertising.

Either just move....there'll be plenty of room, or kick them down, this is STFC so won't be substantial.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, July 27, 2015, 19:43:16 »

Sounds a bit of a cock up.  Presumably they'll change your ST seats to somewhere else free of charge. Bit of a bugger if you've sat there a while and know the people around you (but who will presumably also move).
deltaincline

« Reply #5 on: Monday, July 27, 2015, 22:11:50 »

In my (limited) experience, the club are shit at dealing with pretty much anything other than taking money from us, so I wouldn't expect to get an answer as to why advertising hoardings have gone up that obscure your view.

If you kick the fucking things out of the way, you'll be fine because the company that used to supply the stewards have been fucked off (loads of newbies on zero hours contracts next season) and the remote control security cameras don't work.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, July 28, 2015, 11:20:22 »

I usually sit in the Arkells but mixed it up for villa match. Was sat near one of these and I thought to myself it must piss people off having to keep sitting up when the ball is on the touch line. It's not like there aren't any other areas to have advertising and when weighing up where to put them you would think they checked seat views!
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, July 28, 2015, 11:34:39 »

All part of Power's plan to increasingly upset the fansbase so he can jump ship (with a large swag of transfer / Wembley cash) crying "I'm off, they don't love me anymore".
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, July 28, 2015, 11:37:50 »

We sit in the second row of the upper part of the Don Rogers Stand next to an aisle.  At the bottom of the steps, there is a barrier which very slightly obstructed our view last season but we could see what was going on through the railings and were happy with our seats so bought the same season tickets for the upcoming season.  Having been to the pre-season friendlies, we found that our view through the railings is now obscured by an advertising hoarding placed there in the close season.  Looking along the stand, we could see that the other seven barriers are similarly obstructed.  The guy who sits in front of us has an even worse view and is furious, having got nowhere on his approaches to the club.  I have e-mailed the club this evening to register my displeasure and await a response.  Anyone else having a similar problem? 

Have you emailed a generic address or emailed a particular person, I'm sure I saw something about this on twitter a week or so ago and thought someone had moved seats after talking to stfc.  I'm sure if you speak to the stadium manager (name escapes me) they will help you move seats, it's just a shame they don't think of people sitting down when they do this - are they nationwide signs by any chance ?
Mrs Miggins

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, July 28, 2015, 13:28:47 »

I also sit in the front row of the main bit of the DR stand & have had that seat since the season after the DR stand opened.  Not having been to the Villa or Baggies friendlies, it sounds as if my view of part of the pitch is going to be blocked out too! I'm going Sunday, & will certainly put in a complaint to the club if my experience is as others are describing. I sit around a lot of friends & really don't want to have to consider requesting I move seats.

While it is great the club can gain additional revenue from Nationwide from all of the advertising, how utterly short sighted of the club to put up these boards without considering the consequences. Strike that, am i really surprised?  No                                 

Has anyone considered contacting the marketing dept at Nationwide?  Maybe they can agree/suggest they are moved if the club aren't responding?
Sam Morshead

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, July 28, 2015, 13:31:23 »

Received the following from the club in relation to this following my query this morning: "All Season Tickets holders that have contacted the club regarding this have been invited in to choose a new, non-restricted seat from the ones available."
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, July 28, 2015, 13:37:42 »

That's pretty shit tbh. No prospect of possibly reconsidering the ad hoardings then, just "Oh, yeah, we put these up without so much as considering you, you'll have to fuck off somewhere else". Nice.
Mrs Miggins

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, July 28, 2015, 14:13:15 »

Received the following from the club in relation to this following my query this morning: "All Season Tickets holders that have contacted the club regarding this have been invited in to choose a new, non-restricted seat from the ones available."

Thanks Sam, but why on earth did they create the situation in the first place? They must have known that some fans would be affected?  Why did they not contact those of us affected to warn us/offer us different seats in the first place?  It is all a bit unnecessary.  I chose my seat in the first instance because it was near to the front. 
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, July 28, 2015, 14:32:31 »

Moral of the story, dont sit close to the front of the tier Wink
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, July 28, 2015, 14:55:29 »

I've just moved my Season Ticket and I'm picking up my new card at the Liverpool/Bradford game. Either talk to someone at the club face to face or keep emailing.

Swindon Town Displays. Can you help out?
http://www.gofundme.com/STFCDisplays
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: