Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Advertising Hoardings on Don Rogers Stand Barriers  (Read 21739 times)
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, July 28, 2015, 15:35:38 »

I b
Thanks Sam, but why on earth did they create the situation in the first place? They must have known that some fans would be affected?  Why did they not contact those of us affected to warn us/offer us different seats in the first place?  It is all a bit unnecessary.  I chose my seat in the first instance because it was near to the front. 

I bet your one those people who complain at away games...

The club isn't going to contact everyone it's down to the customer to complain.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, July 28, 2015, 15:55:08 »

I b
I bet your one those people who complain at away games...

The club isn't going to contact everyone it's down to the customer to complain.
Really? So you'd be happy if you bought a season ticket for a seat you'd been sitting in for years and then some idiot blocked your view with an advertising hoarding?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, July 28, 2015, 16:00:02 »

surely he's trolling.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, July 28, 2015, 16:00:31 »

Really? So you'd be happy if you bought a season ticket for a seat you'd been sitting in for years and then some idiot blocked your view with an advertising hoarding?

I think the stand looks pretty smart with them all on, certainly given it a bit of a facelift. At the end of the day it probably impacts 50/60 seats in total so is just one of those things and anyway the  prospect of peering through the railings sounds equally unappealing so I don't see why people would choose to sit there in the first place.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, July 28, 2015, 17:20:11 »

Bingo Fishing.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Mrs Brown

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, July 28, 2015, 17:20:22 »

I've had a response from STFC already:

I hope your well and thank you for your e-mail regarding the new Nationwide advertising boards.

This was first brought to my attention at the Everton Friendly a couple of weeks ago.

We have checked with our General Manager on this, however due to the sponsorship agreement being signed we cannot take the advertising boards down.

If you want to stay in your current seats we can offer you 15% off of your season ticket, you would need to come into the club shop or email us a contact number for yourself and we will call you to arrange the refund.

If you wish to move seats please let us know and we can try and find some better suited seats for you.

Apologies for the inconvenience this will cause, this was something that was over looked when the sponsorship agreement and branding was agreed.

I think my next job will be to contact Nationwide for their comments.  I'm sure they (nor STFC) won't want the unwanted publicity this might bring if someone (as the guy who sits in front of us is talking about doing) were to go to the Adver with this.
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, July 28, 2015, 17:22:14 »

Bingo Fishing.
I genuinely don't think you were fishing with that 1!!

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Sippo
Living in the 80s

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, July 28, 2015, 17:24:12 »

So complaining to Nationwide, what do you expect to achieve?! Surely the club is getting more revenue by having bigger advertising boards.

They have offered you 15% refund or move seats. Which is a kind gesture.

Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, July 28, 2015, 17:32:18 »

I hope your well

NOOOOOO

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday, July 28, 2015, 17:34:26 »

So complaining to Nationwide, what do you expect to achieve?! Surely the club is getting more revenue by having bigger advertising boards.

They have offered you 15% refund or move seats. Which is a kind gesture.

Take the money and let the plastics get pissed if/when we sell out.

Clems Army!
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, July 28, 2015, 17:40:50 »

NOOOOOO

I also cringed.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, July 28, 2015, 17:44:56 »

It's a terribly written piece of communication to come from a professional organisation, assuming that it is this person's job (maybe it was a trialist). But the sentiment is good, which I suppose is the main thing.

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday, July 28, 2015, 17:59:42 »

I think it's a very decent apology.

firstly it apologises for the inconvenience - rather than the more non-committal "for any inconvenience which may have been caused" and it fesses up to something having been overlooked.

It also offers a solution, 15% off or another seat.

There's even a grammatical mistake to make the addressee feel good about her superior language skills.

What's not to like?

BruceChatwin

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday, July 28, 2015, 18:03:20 »

I've had a response from STFC already:

I hope your well and thank you for your e-mail regarding the new Nationwide advertising boards.

This was first brought to my attention at the Everton Friendly a couple of weeks ago.

We have checked with our General Manager on this, however due to the sponsorship agreement being signed we cannot take the advertising boards down.

If you want to stay in your current seats we can offer you 15% off of your season ticket, you would need to come into the club shop or email us a contact number for yourself and we will call you to arrange the refund.

If you wish to move seats please let us know and we can try and find some better suited seats for you.

Apologies for the inconvenience this will cause, this was something that was over looked when the sponsorship agreement and branding was agreed.

I think my next job will be to contact Nationwide for their comments.  I'm sure they (nor STFC) won't want the unwanted publicity this might bring if someone (as the guy who sits in front of us is talking about doing) were to go to the Adver with this.

Just take the 15%, and find a better seat on matchday with a clearer view. Bound to be plenty around next season.

I doubt they'll be too concerned about negative publicity. They've admitted they should have had better foresight initially, apologised for the inconvenience, and offered a discount/ change of seats. It's not exactly the sort of story that's going to go nationwide.

Then again, the way things are with the adver at the moment, they'll probably stretch a weeks worth of news out of it.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #29 on: Tuesday, July 28, 2015, 18:04:25 »

I think my next job will be to contact Nationwide for their comments.  I'm sure they (nor STFC) won't want the unwanted publicity this might bring if someone (as the guy who sits in front of us is talking about doing) were to go to the Adver with this.

Really?? Get in the fucking sea.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: