Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Is Anyone Else Feeling Meh About The Forthcoming Season....  (Read 19129 times)
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Thursday, July 30, 2015, 10:20:37 »

I think the lack of news in the press is making me lose interest. Didn't matter if it was good, bad or indifferent, but I used to like looking at the TEF, Adver, Flic, TotalSwindonSport (not necessarily in that order) to see what was going on.

I'm a Luddite with a crap phone. I'm not paying for some poxy app that won't work well with my phone that I only use once in a blue moon.

My former season ticket holding friend is a bit 'Meh' about it for a different reason. His views are that its fine to 'start from scratch' once, but it would be nice to see the same team 'tweaked' and developed to make it better.

Last year was an unexpected success, although the team were not quite good enough for promotion. I would have thought it 'unlikely' that we can repeat the same level of 'success'. I suspect we will be competitive, but challenging at the top of the table again - I would doubt it.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Skinny Pete

« Reply #76 on: Thursday, July 30, 2015, 10:52:46 »

I understand what you mean about the lack of news - pre season is usually when there is loads of things happening.

It does, somewhat, give you the feeling of not being valued by the club - a couldn't care less, take it or leave it attitude.

Obviously this is not the club's intention - or I hope it isn't - but all this fanzai bollocks and the club keeping a tight lid on any news at all has, no doubt, pissed off a few people.

Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Thursday, July 30, 2015, 11:09:09 »

It says something when the biggest news in pretty much the entire off season has been the lack of any official news/updates..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Thursday, July 30, 2015, 12:06:41 »

It says something when the biggest news in pretty much the entire off season has been the lack of any official news/updates..
I feel like it is like that every off season, doesn't really feel like anything new to me
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Thursday, July 30, 2015, 12:20:28 »

But previous years we have got news/updates from the club, even if it was how the pitch was looking, updates on the new scoreboard and how many season tickets have been sold..

We haven't this year, so this has meant it has felt like the quietest off season for a long time.  Maybe you switch off from football completely every summer so it seems no different for you.  Don't get me wrong, it has been quite nice, but I think this has added to my general meh'ness about the new season.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Thursday, July 30, 2015, 12:48:21 »

It would just help to have a couple of updates a week where Cooper comes out and says, well were still looking for a couple of players, irons in the fire all that usual bollocks.  This absolute silence does not help at all.  Look at the last few updates on the clubs website, its all a big fat nothing.

Im not dreadfully excited.  Who know whats going to happen.

Never knowingly overstated.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Thursday, July 30, 2015, 13:06:25 »

I don't get our pr strategy.

you may say if there's nothing with saying, don't say anything.

but what (not all) fans see following Wembley is a mass exodus, a falling out with the press and not much incoming to get excited about.

that may well be the reality of it all, but you have to try and create a buzz don't you? or is that only for when season tickets are on sale?
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Thursday, July 30, 2015, 13:18:17 »

This whole media ban/fallout call it what you will is just a bit silly really isn’t ?

All it’s done is get quite a lot of people quite annoyed with no benefit to the Club and that stupid Fanzai app is a joke.  Ridiculous really, I thought Power had a bit more nouse than that.  Apparently not where the media is concerned it would seem.
Skinny Pete

« Reply #83 on: Thursday, July 30, 2015, 15:59:45 »

You would have thought that seeing as it's pre-season, it would be an ideal time to put Fanzai through its paces and get fans onboard with club news, player interviews and manager comments.

It's done the complete opposite. No nothing.
stfc1975

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Thursday, July 30, 2015, 18:09:47 »

Got my Season ticket but gonna miss first couple of games. Am I bothered?  No.
I just hope I can get my enthusiasm back for when I can make it. Sheff Utd I believe.
PHIL!!!!
Our Resident Emo Kid

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Friday, August 7, 2015, 22:11:35 »

First game of the season tomorrow! FUCK YEAH!

Bassett Bulldogs FC - http://bassettbulldogsfc.co.uk/
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Friday, August 7, 2015, 22:13:46 »

Yep I'm not working so going, cant wait.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: