Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Is Anyone Else Feeling Meh About The Forthcoming Season....  (Read 19083 times)
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Tuesday, July 28, 2015, 16:53:12 »

Like when we won at the Ricoh, Bramall Lane and were involved in the epic 5-5 game.  OK the 3 others were shit....

I wasn't embarrassed walking out of Trashton either. Pissed off with the result and the fact they were more clinical than us but far from embarrassed.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #61 on: Tuesday, July 28, 2015, 18:05:51 »

Come on you miserable fukkers!!

"Wise men say, only fools rush in, but I can't help.... falling in love with you. SA-WIN-DON!!"

Get it together. This is our mantra. Slap yourself in the face and hear those echoing concrete concourses, as you climb the short steps up and out to a view of luscious green turf.  Feel the fresh late summer air and bite those nails down to the skin. Where dismay and elation are but seconds from each other. Drama. Emotion. Success. Failure. Tense, with three minutes remaining, Robert hustles Liddle and releases Byrne with a cutting pass. Byrne ducks right, ducks left, cuts inside the box, lifts the ball over Sheehan with the outside of his right boot....GOAL!!! Obika slams home from six yards with Ben Williams completely at his mercy. STFC 1-0 Bradford. Parkinson looks furious as he was waving his arms at Roberts' challenge on Liddle. Cooper calm, with a wry smile, breathes in and looks to the sky, while new signing Traore and Robert dance in front of the Town End and Liverpool loanee Jordan Williams goes down in Town folklore history by cupping his ear to the Bradford contingent then miming "shhh" to them.

Come on this is why, we love football. For these moments. Regardless of how shit it can get. Even beating the likes of Fleetwood on a Tuesday night with seconds to spare is every bit as enjoyable as "those 3-0 Leeds beatings" or "that 6-4 reversal against Birmingham" when we were 4-0 down at HT.  We live through the peaks and the troughs, like in our day to day life, because (in most terms) STFC is part of our life.

"WE'LL NEVER DIE, WE'LL NEVER DIE, WE'LL NEVER DIE, WE'LL NEVER DIE..." COYR!!

<3
nobby

« Reply #62 on: Wednesday, July 29, 2015, 17:51:11 »

Not looking forward to it for the first time in 46 years. Loosing interest all together due to lack of transparancy and secrecy in football in general also disapointed that of the 4 million received not one penny has been spent. Thought we might have invested 400000 in a couple of headline signings mind i do understand that we need to use most of it to pay down debt trouble is this may well result in lower gates so costing more in the long term. Things need to be balanced i have a season ticket but will still pick which games i attend not going to Exeter out of choice which is unheard of for me. Will do a few away games as nearly done the 92 now
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Wednesday, July 29, 2015, 19:36:16 »

How do you know it was 4 million? For a start we had to give Spurs probably at least 1 of it. Secondly Power is several mill out of pocket, no one has a never ending wallet, and he will pay if the right player is around. So i dont see how your maths is relevant in the slightest in regards to not going for a a starter.
Skinny Pete

« Reply #64 on: Wednesday, July 29, 2015, 19:51:05 »

As has been mentioned any fees received will come to the club over a period of time - not in one lump.

I enjoy my Saturday/midweek games and unless we are completely hopeless or put a cunt like McMahon in charge again I will continue to give my beer-fuelled support in person.

It's what I do.
nobby

« Reply #65 on: Wednesday, July 29, 2015, 20:23:25 »

Well obviously no one knows the amount that,s one of the points I was making everything is shrouded in secrecy these days and its turning me off the game. However I made the point that debts have to be paid I would also make the point that last year we had good money from TV appearances we were over break even in gates, we have no high earners left at the club this year, we had a play offs including a  Wembley appearance and we also charge the highest match day prices in the division I would of thought that it was still worth investing in a couple of 200,000 reasonable quality players. our squad does seem a bit thin. I am realistic and believe the club did the right thing in selling Gladwin and Luongo and do believe as i said that we should use the vast majority of the money to pay off  the debt.
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Wednesday, July 29, 2015, 20:25:59 »

Thought we might have invested 400000 in a couple of headline signings
There's still time.

The offer for Goldson was surely six figure (unless Power was really taking the piss). It may have been done to appease the fans wanting cash to be splashed, but I don't think Power is that kind of bullshit-Jed chairman.

For what it is worth, I will miss Bradford and Exeter due to hols, and am a tad glum about it.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Wednesday, July 29, 2015, 23:48:26 »

Without fail, every season, someone will decide "I have been supporting Swindon for x years and this is the worst I've ever seen"

I've only supported Town for about 15 years (I'm 24) but I recall the worst times being when the club nearly folded completely, not our lack of signing this ethereal experienced centreback who costs exactly what we sold Luongo for.

Sections of our support genuinely seem to think we're going to sign a Greer, a Foderingham and an Austin, all while not renewing their season tickets because we've no ambition.

Football has changed. Our ambition as a club will match what we are financially capable of and what the supporters are willing to do to support that.

So a) see our lack of spending as a detriment and sit at home. b) find a new club that'll really satisfy you like Liverpool cos you know, you'll never get to anfield but they won stuff once or c) get off your arse and support the team, giving them the money they need to get better and watch some decent football along the way

You never know, that fiver you spend on a disgusting half time pie might go towards something special.

:coyr:

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Thursday, July 30, 2015, 07:20:24 »

I think eating a pie is a step too far tbh..
wokinghamred

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Thursday, July 30, 2015, 07:36:41 »

Without fail, every season, someone will decide "I have been supporting Swindon for x years and this is the worst I've ever seen"

I've only supported Town for about 15 years (I'm 24) but I recall the worst times being when the club nearly folded completely, not our lack of signing this ethereal experienced centreback who costs exactly what we sold Luongo for.

Sections of our support genuinely seem to think we're going to sign a Greer, a Foderingham and an Austin, all while not renewing their season tickets because we've no ambition.

Football has changed. Our ambition as a club will match what we are financially capable of and what the supporters are willing to do to support that.

So a) see our lack of spending as a detriment and sit at home. b) find a new club that'll really satisfy you like Liverpool cos you know, you'll never get to anfield but they won stuff once or c) get off your arse and support the team, giving them the money they need to get better and watch some decent football along the way

You never know, that fiver you spend on a disgusting half time pie might go towards something special.

:coyr:

Surely a Greer is exactly what we are looking to sign ... a decent player who is on a free transfer because he has hardly played for two years due to injuries.
Panda Paws

« Reply #70 on: Thursday, July 30, 2015, 08:10:15 »

Surely a Greer is exactly what we are looking to sign ... a decent player who is on a free transfer because he has hardly played for two years due to injuries.

Clearly the complete opposite of what we're trying to sign. Old, unfit, big wages and no resell value. Fair enough, it worked out with Greer but obviously not the type of signing we're going to make.
« Last Edit: Thursday, July 30, 2015, 10:56:16 by Panda Paws » Logged
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Thursday, July 30, 2015, 08:36:12 »

I think eating a pie is a step too far tbh..

Cheesy

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Thursday, July 30, 2015, 09:39:37 »

Eating a pie doesn't help the club either, not for another 8 years or so anyway.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Thursday, July 30, 2015, 09:46:14 »

Eating a pie doesn't help the club either, not for another 8 years or so anyway.

We've never found out, if Jed's flogging of the family pie franchise, was to the benefit financially of the club in any way, or rather as implied in last summer's court case an example of how an asset was stripped from the club.
Skinny Pete

« Reply #74 on: Thursday, July 30, 2015, 09:59:12 »

Where has the Jedmeister actually ended up?

Seems he has been linked to a number of clubs
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: