Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Is Anyone Else Feeling Meh About The Forthcoming Season....  (Read 19138 times)
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« on: Monday, July 27, 2015, 11:54:24 »

Or is it just me?

I'll be at the Bradford game and still have my season ticket, but I'm just not looking forward to it as much as I usually do this time of year. It's got nothing to do with a lack of signings, or the way we play, or the press ban, or anything else I can put my finger on; just a lack of interest. And it's not just Swindon, it's football in general.

Maybe I'm ill....

It's All Good..............
Flashheart

« Reply #1 on: Monday, July 27, 2015, 11:55:59 »

Male menopause?
Skinny Pete

« Reply #2 on: Monday, July 27, 2015, 11:56:48 »

Are you going through a sex change?
lambourn red

« Reply #3 on: Monday, July 27, 2015, 11:58:57 »

You are not alone I have been a ST holder for many years but I just cannot get excited about this season I think it is the saturation on TV there is just too much football on TV and that coupled with the ridiculous transfer fees being spent in the PL it just makes you realise the chances of us ever getting there again are next to zero
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, July 27, 2015, 12:14:03 »

I am the same. Not sure why, maybe the scars of Wembley, loss of the spine of the team or the general feeling of lethargy around the club but also feeling "meh". 

Another factor may also be that we are still playing or will be playing the same way, have the same formation and will have the same weaknesses this coming season. Nothing I've seen so far really excites me.

Come 8th August I might have changed my view though. Or end of October when we are top by 18 points  Grin
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, July 27, 2015, 12:16:06 »

And play the same old sides. It's a general malaise I think after we've fecked up 3 promotion chances in 5 years.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, July 27, 2015, 12:20:29 »

I am the same. Not sure why, maybe the scars of Wembley, loss of the spine of the team or the general feeling of lethargy around the club but also feeling "meh". 

Another factor may also be that we are still playing or will be playing the same way, have the same formation and will have the same weaknesses this coming season. Nothing I've seen so far really excites me.

Come 8th August I might have changed my view though. Or end of October when we are top by 18 points  Grin

I think this sums up my feelings quite well.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #7 on: Monday, July 27, 2015, 12:21:34 »

I think this sums up my feelings quite well.
Ditto.

But that could all change come first game of the season, its still early.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Skinny Pete

« Reply #8 on: Monday, July 27, 2015, 12:25:13 »

There's always Millwall at home to look forward too.

All those cheeky chappies coming to town.

What a jolly jape it will be!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Monday, July 27, 2015, 12:27:24 »

No. Hint of autumn in the air, means thinking football is starting to feel right. 

I guess the days when I'd truncate a holiday to pedal across Ireland, to get a night ferry to ensure making the first game v Port Vale with 3 and a half K other long sufferers, have gone, but I have an away day at Gigg Lane pencilled in..although hoping to find some good black pudding as much as to get 3 points.
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Monday, July 27, 2015, 12:29:30 »

I like it best when we are either a small fish in a big pond, or a big fish in a small pond. This season feels like neither.  
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Monday, July 27, 2015, 12:30:51 »

I like it best when we are either a small fish in a big pond, or a big fish in a small pond. This season feels like neither.  

Deep Gaz.

And I'm not talking about the pond
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Monday, July 27, 2015, 12:32:08 »

Maybe you should take up fishing as a hobby instead of football?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #13 on: Monday, July 27, 2015, 12:33:38 »

but I have an away day at Gigg Lane pencilled in..although hoping to find some good black pudding as much as to get 3 points.
Freshly boiled is lovely up at Bury Market, my sister in law until recently lived just outside Bury so I was a regular visitor, the 2 best ones are actually the low fat "diet" black pudding and the one with chilli in...yummy in a roll (barm).

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Monday, July 27, 2015, 12:40:28 »

For me it’s the lack of a target to aim for. The simple fact is that, rightly or wrongly, I don’t want Swindon to get to the Premiership as that isn’t football as I started following and want to see. I’d like us to get promoted to the Championship, for sure, but the top level? I’d rather not pay £50 to watch some players with no affiliation to Town other than a paycheque get thumped by a world XI funded by a human rights abusing oil baron purporting to represent the working class of Manchester. Not every week anyway, maybe a cup run would be interesting but 38 games of that a year would be awful. Lower league football seems to be having a bit of an identity crisis, we want our sides to do well, but perhaps not too well. It’s an odd one.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: