Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Hylton  (Read 14915 times)
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Friday, August 21, 2015, 07:02:37 »

Hell hath no fury like a football club scorned.

Swindon's reputation was/is hardly glowing within the industry. We've been doing well in recent years in that respect.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Friday, August 21, 2015, 07:12:58 »

Redditch chairman - “The fine they got was derisory. They should have got a points deduction or a transfer embargo.”

Ok mate
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Friday, August 21, 2015, 07:15:20 »

Redditch chairman - “The fine they got was derisory. They should have got a points deduction or a transfer embargo.”

Ok mate

Haha what the fuck?!

Roaming the land while you sleep..
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Friday, August 21, 2015, 07:18:50 »

I have quite a bit of experience with non-league and, while Swindon should have respected the rules and rightly got punished, this chairman is properly on one.
Panda Paws

« Reply #34 on: Friday, August 21, 2015, 09:15:39 »

I have quite a bit of experience with non-league and, while Swindon should have respected the rules and rightly got punished, this chairman is properly on one.

His quotes are brilliant - How can an asset be stolen if you don't own it? Hylton wasn't on a contract, a simple seven day notice would have put this to bed and it's not great form but Redditch haven't lost anything. There would be no transfer fee etc.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Friday, August 21, 2015, 09:19:10 »

Funny how our attitude is different when the shoe is on the other foot - we should be treating clubs like Redditch properly.

No-one does anything 'properly' these days due to agents.

We offered Redditch a friendly, but they turned it down. At the end of the day Redditch didn't have him under contract, which would have entitled them to a transfer fee.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Friday, August 21, 2015, 09:25:26 »

did LP mention the interest in Hylton in an interview and that's why we were fined?
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Friday, August 21, 2015, 12:02:16 »

The adver are so quick to point the finger at total sport so it's must all be Sam's fault

It's pieces like this that makes you see why the adver was banned in the first place

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/13617409.TOM_ON_TOWN__A_Power_failure_to_learn_from/?ref=mr&lp=7
Hitchinred

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Friday, August 21, 2015, 20:46:09 »

The adver are so quick to point the finger at total sport so it's must all be Sam's fault

It's pieces like this that makes you see why the adver was banned in the first place

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/13617409.TOM_ON_TOWN__A_Power_failure_to_learn_from/?ref=mr&lp=7

It would have been handy if they could have got past word 5 without a grammatical error!
deltaincline

« Reply #39 on: Friday, August 21, 2015, 23:23:06 »

It's clear the Advertiser don't give a fuck about Power any more, so they're going to write what they want.

They are right with this though.

We may not have a secretary in place, but there are a couple of directors in Steve Anderson and Sangita Shah who should be bright enough to find out what the form is when signing someone from a non-league club.

Power should also be bright enough not to gob off stuff like that to the media until it's done and dusted.

It's the unnecessary bad taste that's left behind by doing business like this that damages our reputation.

I don't have a problem with anyone being sharp or clever, and the Reddich boss may well be a knob, but we should show some fucking respect to other football clubs, regardless of their size.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Friday, August 21, 2015, 23:25:47 »

Hi Tom.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Friday, August 21, 2015, 23:29:28 »

"bright enough to find out what the form is when signing someone from a non-league club."

The 7 day rule is the same even in local kids football. And I'm not sure Steve Anderson even exists, has anyone ever seen or heard from him Smiley

I am sure though that tapping up is common. Agree we should be respectful and abide by it, but in this case Hylton didn't have a contract and so its not like we robbed them of a contracted player. Storm in a tea cup.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Saturday, August 22, 2015, 09:15:05 »

Has nobody even considered we broke the rules on purpose?  Birmingham were sniffing around him at the time so it would not surprise me if we weighed up the risk of the fine and approached him before notifying the club as that would have given Birmingham 7 days to tap him up.  We tried to publicly play the game but got caught, no great shakes.  The top clubs get involved in this amongst themselves for each other's youth players, so it's hardly just us being amateur.  If anything this was us being "professional"
« Last Edit: Saturday, August 22, 2015, 09:30:59 by RobertT » Logged
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Saturday, August 22, 2015, 09:17:30 »

Has nobody even considered we broke the rules on purpose?  Birmingham were sniffing around him at the time so it would not surprise me if we weighed up the risk of the fine and approached him before notifying the club as that would have given Birmingham 7 days to tap him up.  We tried to public ally play the game but got caught, no great shakes.  The top clubs get involved in this amongst themselves for each other's youth players, so it's hardly just us being amateur.  If anything this us being "professional"

Yeah, I can see that too..

Roaming the land while you sleep..
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Saturday, August 22, 2015, 09:24:00 »

Good point Rob. You're probably right.

Yes
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: