Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Selling a car  (Read 2066 times)
sonicyouth

Ignore
« on: Thursday, July 9, 2015, 20:16:11 »

TEF non-gender specific group of people,

As of Monday I will no longer require my car and plan to sell it, however, I cannot be bothered to pay for a parking permit for a car I'm not driving so I'm leaving it elsewhere. I'd like to sell it as easily as possible without the need to be present for viewings (which I can't be) or tout it around to places on the weekend, the only other option is webuyanycar who will pay fuck all for it. I'm not too concerned about losing a little bit of money on it, I'd just like to get rid of it as soon as possible.

There's nothing wrong with the car aside from the air conditioner not really working, I've had a hell of a lot of work done to it and despite being 9 years old and 149,000 miles later it drives very nicely.

Any ideas?
StfcRusty

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, July 9, 2015, 20:29:48 »

eBay.

People do actually buy cars without seeing them.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, July 9, 2015, 20:31:58 »

If you put it on eBay or such sites as autotrade, do expect some tyre kickers and people who will mess you around.

What about gumtree?

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, July 9, 2015, 20:40:42 »

I put my car on Autotrader and had more scammers than you can shake a stick at!!  One guy actually asked me a couple of questions which I didn't bother to answer and within four hours came back and thanked me and asked for my bank details as he was willing to buy the car there and then!!  Needless to say . . . .  Bye Bye Bye
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, July 9, 2015, 20:49:17 »

I've got this foreign buyer, and ....next.

ebay, gumtree, facebook "for sale" group (if applicable). I guess two of those require you to be at the car so people can look at it though.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, July 9, 2015, 21:14:44 »

Cheers all. I can't be available for viewings because the car will be at my parents which is 80 odd miles away from where I'm living but equally wouldn't expect anyone to buy an old high-mileage Volvo based on the advert alone, hence my quandary.
StfcRusty

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, July 9, 2015, 21:18:20 »

I sold an old Mondeo through ebay.  Bloke bought and paid for it blind.  Just put up 8+ photos with a thorough description and it will sell.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: