Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Pre-Season Coverage on CrowdScores  (Read 4641 times)
CrowdScores Tom

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, July 7, 2015, 16:15:15 »

Hi,

I’m Tom from CrowdScores, a football scores app with a difference.

We’re looking to improve the live score experience for fans and have created a platform where football supporters can instantly share goals, cards, subs and commentary with one another. This means that you get updates faster and more reliably than from major sports data conglomerates. Our app is also specifically designed for the low signal environment of a football ground, which makes score checking and sharing a less painful experience.

Obviously this enables you to share information on games that major sports data conglomerates are not interested in. As football fans ourselves, we know that keeping up to date with pre-season games is almost impossible and we want to change that. Our platform means that no game is too small for instantaneous live score updates - it’s like having a friend at every game. We have the ability to provide live updates on youth games, reserve games and friendlies as well as offering the fastest and most accurate score updates available during the domestic season.

Check out our speed and accuracy by downloading our app available on Android (http://crwd.sc/AndroidSTFC) and iOS (http://crwd.sc/iOSSTFC) and compare the speed to Sky, the BBC or your scores app of choice.

If you’re heading to Swindon Town's pre-season matches and you’d be interested in sharing the score with fans everywhere and becoming a part of the CrowdScores network then give us a shout and we’ll add it to the system. In the meantime we'll be covering your game tonight against Swindon Supermarine for you to check out.

Thanks,

Tom.

P.S. After looking around the forum I was unable to find any contact details for an admin so I thought this would be the most appropriate board for the post.
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, July 7, 2015, 20:29:09 »

which makes score checking and sharing a less painful experience.
Jeez!

I swear half the people at football are more interested in looking at their 'devices' than watching the live action on the pitch.

What's so wrong with patiently waiting until you get home and switching on Ceefax?!
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, July 7, 2015, 20:35:05 »

It's crazy the amount of people who spend £25 to stare down at their phone so they can check other latest scores.

Each to their own I suppose.
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, July 7, 2015, 20:51:40 »

It's crazy the amount of people who spend £25 to stare down at their phone so they can check other latest scores.

Each to their own I suppose.
Totally agree. If people are so interested in what's going on in every game other than the one they're watching I don't understand why they don't just stay in & watch Jeff Stelling!!

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
jimbob

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, July 7, 2015, 21:29:48 »

Who is gonna be first to call him a cunt?
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, July 7, 2015, 23:49:37 »

Before my last ST there were a couple who sat in front of me for a while - I assume a girl and her bf - who if they weren't snapchatting were just texting through the game. In the evening games, it couldn't be more distracting if they were wielding a torch. You're there to watch a game, not to tweet, text, photograph or snap about it. Or so I thought!
It's grim if this is what we've come to.

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, July 8, 2015, 05:39:03 »

Hi,

I’m Tom from CrowdScores, a football scores app with a difference.

We’re looking to improve the live score experience for fans and have created a platform where football supporters can instantly share goals, cards, subs and commentary with one another. This means that you get updates faster and more reliably than from major sports data conglomerates. Our app is also specifically designed for the low signal environment of a football ground, which makes score checking and sharing a less painful experience.

Obviously this enables you to share information on games that major sports data conglomerates are not interested in. As football fans ourselves, we know that keeping up to date with pre-season games is almost impossible and we want to change that. Our platform means that no game is too small for instantaneous live score updates - it’s like having a friend at every game. We have the ability to provide live updates on youth games, reserve games and friendlies as well as offering the fastest and most accurate score updates available during the domestic season.

Check out our speed and accuracy by downloading our app available on Android (http://crwd.sc/AndroidSTFC) and iOS (http://crwd.sc/iOSSTFC) and compare the speed to Sky, the BBC or your scores app of choice.

If you’re heading to Swindon Town's pre-season matches and you’d be interested in sharing the score with fans everywhere and becoming a part of the CrowdScores network then give us a shout and we’ll add it to the system. In the meantime we'll be covering your game tonight against Swindon Supermarine for you to check out.

Thanks,

Tom.

P.S. After looking around the forum I was unable to find any contact details for an admin so I thought this would be the most appropriate board for the post.
What stops people reporting the wrong scores?

Plays in midfield and his name is Tommy Miller,
signed him from Huddersfield his name is Tommy Miller,
first touch is average but his second is a killer,
heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, July 8, 2015, 08:23:02 »

Speaking of mobiles at football, YNWA at Liverpool has become an absolute joke. It's getting to the stage where there is almost as many day drippers filming the 'experience' of the fans singing it, as there are fans actually creating the atmosphere.

Bet they're from the south of England, vote Tory and buy the sun too. Confused cunts.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, July 8, 2015, 10:52:12 »

Speaking of mobiles at football, YNWA at Liverpool has become an absolute joke. It's getting to the stage where there is almost as many day drippers filming the 'experience' of the fans singing it, as there are fans actually creating the atmosphere.

Bet they're from the south of England, vote Tory and buy the sun too. Confused cunts.

This. This is what society is becoming as we know it. Confused. A bunch of misinformed-and-unwilling-to-find-their-own-knowledge-so-i'll-just-believe-the-media cunts.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, July 8, 2015, 16:02:47 »

Anyone seen the Black Mirror episode with the groups of people filming with their phones? Absolutely right.
CrowdScores Tom

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, July 9, 2015, 11:08:48 »

Thanks for the variety of responses! Our platform is a lot more beneficial for leagues considerably lower than Swindon where even finding the results by the time you get home from a match can be a chore. I thought it would be useful to gauge the views or fans higher up the footballing pyramid.

What stops people reporting the wrong scores?

All user reports are aggregated and a confidence threshold has to be reached for a new event to be created. Initially a users reputation will be low so they have less influence on affecting the data the app displays and as they share more events correctly this increases. Similarly, if a user were to persistently share information deemed incorrect their influence will decrease.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, July 9, 2015, 16:39:09 »

Be very handy for lower leagues, quite often look out for local sides to me's scores and it can be a trial for sure.
CrowdScores Tom

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Friday, July 10, 2015, 12:44:18 »

Be very handy for lower leagues, quite often look out for local sides to me's scores and it can be a trial for sure.

Great to hear you're interested. What leagues do you keep an eye on?
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Friday, July 10, 2015, 22:32:43 »

Great to hear you're interested. What leagues do you keep an eye on?
In all seriousness this could be a great app. Eg: I had bet on AFC Arnhem v Burton Albion the other day and the score stream disappeared and it seemed the game had been cancelled/postponed. Searched around the web for ages and not one stats site had the current score or even final score. Obviously concerned I wanted to know the outcome. Finally found the home teams trainer had tweeted the result on twitter and it was in my favour.  An App/Website like CrowdScores would have eradicated any upheaval in this instance.

CS: Would you be looking into providing your data to Bookmakers or is this purely an open forum type project?

Interesting

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Skinny Pete

« Reply #14 on: Saturday, July 11, 2015, 06:02:08 »

I have 2 flies crawling up my wall at the moment.

Fancy a bet - both 10/11 ?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: