Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 35   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Press restrictions.  (Read 108173 times)
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #330 on: Tuesday, August 4, 2015, 16:22:24 »

What are the consequences?

Well time will tell, but I'm guessing a less compliant local press that will feel freer to report objectively and remind the club of promises made, while being less keen to beat the drum if the club is short a few punters for the next game. What percentage of the total potential catchment do you think gets its STFC news direct from the club?

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #331 on: Tuesday, August 4, 2015, 16:54:20 »

Well time will tell, but I'm guessing a less compliant local press that will feel freer to report objectively and remind the club of promises made, while being less keen to beat the drum if the club is short a few punters for the next game. What percentage of the total potential catchment do you think gets its STFC news direct from the club?

So not much different to the last 12 months then, the Adver has had little interest in reporting the club for ages (hence the moaning about them on here), and when they have I haven't seen them being compliant, more like seeking to stir things up - seems a win win for them, they have an excuse for a lack of news, don't have to try and also get the opportunity to act like some manner of paragon of the oppressed free press?

Mr Morshead seemed to have a better relationship (and an actual interest in the club), so we shall see.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #332 on: Tuesday, August 4, 2015, 16:55:30 »

Are those people wholly relaxed about the principle of a press veto the same ones who thought Dux's politics had no relevance to the way he behaved as a manager?

Who knows, you could also ask how many of those who are now singing the praises of the Adver were the same commenting how shit it had become in its reporting of the club?
Skinny Pete

« Reply #333 on: Tuesday, August 4, 2015, 16:56:45 »

Noticed Power mentioned the Adver reporting that Liverpool were bringing a mainly U-21 team to the CG which obviously could have affected ticket sales.

He was none too happy about that, either
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #334 on: Tuesday, August 4, 2015, 17:15:44 »

Noticed Power mentioned the Adver reporting that Liverpool were bringing a mainly U-21 team to the CG which obviously could have affected ticket sales.

The adver were only reporting what the liverpool echo said at that time though
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #335 on: Tuesday, August 4, 2015, 18:57:27 »

I wonder if Izvestia have anything?  I believe Pravda has lost its prominence in post-Soviet Russia.  Wheretherealreds might know.

I've carried out a thorough search of the media here and I did not find any news about STFC. No reds, not even under the beds.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #336 on: Tuesday, August 4, 2015, 19:04:50 »

I've carried out a thorough search of the media here and I did not find any news about STFC. No reds, not even under the beds.

Disappointing, we need to do more to raise our profile in Russia....how else are we going to get an oligarch on board?

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #337 on: Tuesday, August 4, 2015, 19:18:58 »

The adver were only reporting what the liverpool echo said at that time though

Plus we were near/actually sold out already.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #338 on: Tuesday, August 4, 2015, 19:44:45 »

If only there was some kind of mechanism whereby the local press could check such ideas with the club and thereby give the club the chance to correct any misguided impressions before they go to print (or website) ....
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #339 on: Tuesday, August 4, 2015, 19:46:48 »

Who knows, you could also ask how many of those who are now singing the praises of the Adver were the same commenting how shit it had become in its reporting of the club?
Don't think anyone's "singing the praises of the Adver". It's still very poor. But that doesn't make the press ban any less stupid.
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #340 on: Tuesday, August 4, 2015, 19:51:25 »

Disappointing, we need to do more to raise our profile in Russia....how else are we going to get an oligarch on board?

stfcbrides4u.com?
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #341 on: Tuesday, August 4, 2015, 20:04:02 »

I can't believe there is 23 pages of waffle about it. Which I have now added to. Only 4 days and hopefully threads like this get forgotten. The press will still report
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #342 on: Tuesday, August 4, 2015, 20:44:00 »

I can't believe there is 23 pages of waffle about it. Which I have now added to. Only 4 days and hopefully threads like this get forgotten. The press will still report

Can't believe someone thinks this is an entirely unimportant issue. Hope you're right that club propaganda will be more successful than decent press relations in boosting attendances.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #343 on: Tuesday, August 4, 2015, 21:37:40 »

well said Mr frog
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #344 on: Tuesday, August 4, 2015, 22:02:04 »

Can't believe someone thinks this is an entirely unimportant issue. Hope you're right that club propaganda will be more successful than decent press relations in boosting attendances.

What has this "press ban" done? If something is worth reporting it will get reported. Are there adver interviews with cooper? Yes. Are there adver player interviews? Yes. Are there loads of other swindon related adver stories? Yes. Match day Twitter feeds? Yes. Full match commentary? Yes. There's even phone ins with the chairman this week! And something they said they will do regularly.

I don't know what more you want from media outlets which is why I'm putting this down to lack of football season.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 35   Go Up
Print
Jump to: