Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 ... 35   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Press restrictions.  (Read 107674 times)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #300 on: Saturday, August 1, 2015, 10:57:06 »

Hasn't Power already done an interview this summer that basically said he transfer money has paid back debt and set us up to break even, plus he'd pay fees for the right players?  or did I dream that one.

edit: not sure this was the one I was thinking about, but puts in simple terms that we wouldn't see it re-invested and we were now in a god state, the philosophy remains the same as 2014/15.  http://totalswindonsport.com/2015/05/power-reflects-on-luongo-and-gladwins-double-move/
« Last Edit: Saturday, August 1, 2015, 11:11:27 by RobertT » Logged
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #301 on: Saturday, August 1, 2015, 20:03:57 »

Hasn't Power already done an interview this summer that basically said he transfer money has paid back debt and set us up to break even, plus he'd pay fees for the right players?  or did I dream that one.

edit: not sure this was the one I was thinking about, but puts in simple terms that we wouldn't see it re-invested and we were now in a god state, the philosophy remains the same as 2014/15.  http://totalswindonsport.com/2015/05/power-reflects-on-luongo-and-gladwins-double-move/

Cheers for the link. Hopefully Power could reiterate it on Monday so that those still clamoring for mega-money signings get the message.

The club being in a 'god state' should mean that Town sweep away all before them this coming season!
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #302 on: Monday, August 3, 2015, 11:42:18 »

Hopefully on the phone in Power can explain why they are not talking to local journos trouble is on these phone ins you usually get certain type of people phoning in and I am sure Mr Power's arse will be kissed quite a few times metaphorically obviously.

I'm sure he is still only talking to the Beeb as they never ask any awkward questions and go with whatever stfc tell them.

Maybe we should list a few questions here we would like answered and then see if they get asked / answered
Skinny Pete

« Reply #303 on: Monday, August 3, 2015, 11:55:13 »

Just a simple

'What is the benefit to the club and the fans of Fanzai and the club itself replacing the local media?'
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #304 on: Monday, August 3, 2015, 12:03:04 »

Question's I'm wanting to ask:

Someone please take some of these for me...

Fanzai - I understand it from the point of view of it being a discussion environment for younger fans that shouldn't be exposed to bad language etc as there is nowhere for them. BUT don't sacrifice almost every other fan's natural news feed. It's something a dictator would do; forcing the population to use their own news service so they can control the 'news' that gets out. Almost like a propaganda machine.

Fanzai #2 - If Fanzai is to be successful, it needs better support from devs. More capabilities for contacting a help-team for those who can't get it working. It needs a bug tracking ticket system (I'm a dev myself) so issues with it can be fixed promptly.

Calne Training Ground - when are we going to start training here or have we started? Chance of an open training session for fans to come and watch?

Press ban - PLEASE give the local journos access to interviews in lead up to game-day. It doesn't help anyone in the lead up to matchdays if there's nobody generating buzz around it.

Barry - are the circumstances signing him similar to that of Harry Agombar? (Not really expecting an honest answer here)

Turnbull - I love that he's back, so well done.

Ajose - what's the situation here? He's a good, pacey striker that has played here before. Any truth that we're in for him?

Displays - Any chance of getting any sort of small financial backing from yourself to help the fans put on some of the best fan displays in England?

Fan engagement - we, as fans (or least 95% of the ones I've spoken to about it), feel very disconnected from the club and something needs to be done to make us one entity instead of two separate units. Clare Scarth was very good at updating fans on Twitter and answering questions. Whoever is in control of @Official_STFC and @STFCStore needs to pick this up and be available to answer questions almost every day. Look at @FGW for an example.
« Last Edit: Monday, August 3, 2015, 13:46:00 by JayBox325 » Logged

Swindon Town Displays. Can you help out?
http://www.gofundme.com/STFCDisplays
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #305 on: Monday, August 3, 2015, 12:22:52 »

Fan engagement - we, as fans,

Please don't pretend you speak for all fans.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #306 on: Monday, August 3, 2015, 12:29:47 »

Cheesy
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #307 on: Monday, August 3, 2015, 13:27:32 »

I'm turning off if there is a load of press ban/fanzai questions.

Hopefully that topic is wrapped up and despatched in a couple of minutes so we can move onto interesting subjects like prossies for ST holders
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #308 on: Monday, August 3, 2015, 13:34:19 »

I'm turning off if there is a load of press ban/fanzai questions.

Hopefully that topic is wrapped up and despatched in a couple of minutes so we can move onto interesting subjects like prossies for STD holders

Be careful what you wish for
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #309 on: Monday, August 3, 2015, 13:45:20 »

Ok. I understand that. Let me change it.

Swindon Town Displays. Can you help out?
http://www.gofundme.com/STFCDisplays
PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #310 on: Monday, August 3, 2015, 14:06:23 »

twitter.com/TrustSTFC will be live tweeting the phone in for those that can't listen
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #311 on: Monday, August 3, 2015, 14:22:34 »

Question's I'm wanting to ask:

Someone please take some of these for me...

Fanzai - I understand it from the point of view of it being a discussion environment for younger fans that shouldn't be exposed to bad language etc as there is nowhere for them. BUT don't sacrifice almost

Calne Training Ground - when are we going to start training here or have we started? Chance of an open training session for fans to come and watch?

They've been training there for ages - since the last half of last season - they use the gym I got to which is between Calne and Chippenham for strength and conditioning work
I'm not sure it's "open" as such but kids from my school go up all the time for autographs etc
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #312 on: Monday, August 3, 2015, 18:43:07 »

See Power revealed tonight that we've had an offer accepted to build a training ground in the Borough which is good news, the club might actually have an asset on the balance sheet finally.... There's where a lot of the Luongo/Gladwin money will be going along with the Eady money. Maybe people will stop moaning about not spending the money now!
Barry Scott

« Reply #313 on: Monday, August 3, 2015, 19:23:27 »

See Power revealed tonight that we've had an offer accepted to build a training ground in the Borough which is good news, the club might actually have an asset on the balance sheet finally.... There's where a lot of the Luongo/Gladwin money will be going along with the Eady money. Maybe people will stop moaning about not spending the money now!

steveg

Ignore
« Reply #314 on: Monday, August 3, 2015, 20:10:40 »

Fickle folk!! ...
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 ... 35   Go Up
Print
Jump to: