Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 35   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Press restrictions.  (Read 108205 times)
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Wednesday, July 8, 2015, 20:35:24 »

But there was a lot of noise coming from Sheffield.

Surely they must have had something more than unsubstantiated Adver fluff.
You may well be right SP, but a lot of the reporting was 'sources in Wiltshire...', 'sources in Yorkshire...', 'sources close to...' but with no direct quotes. Not that I saw anyway. Still, I suppose all the coverage the story got made someone happy for a couple of weeks.
Skinny Pete

« Reply #61 on: Wednesday, July 8, 2015, 20:38:43 »

Anyways, he's still here and that's fine by me.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Wednesday, July 8, 2015, 22:52:23 »

Whoever was right or wrong, it still doesn't change the fact that the club could have nipped it in the bud by telling everyone to calm the fuck down...

I hate to keep bringing up Boo, but Power said he the club doesn't comment on made up stories..  Well the media reported that Boo had signed about a month ago and the club didn't comment on that either...  Was that made up?

I am not slating Power. the club or the media here...  But they do have a duty to keep fans informed when things do happen or when false claims are reported, if the club are going to shut down the media you will start to see made up stories appear, it's human nature, even on a football forum,  and I do not class forcing an app that doesn't work down our throats...  They haven't even commented on that FFS.

I don't expect to find out everything from the club but at least give us the basics...  Tell us how the pitch is looking, show us some pretty pictures of pre-season training, just dangle a nugget of a carrot at least..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Thursday, July 9, 2015, 00:37:23 »

Whoever was right or wrong, it still doesn't change the fact that the club could have nipped it in the bud by telling everyone to calm the fuck down...

I hate to keep bringing up Boo, but Power said he the club doesn't comment on made up stories..  Well the media reported that Boo had signed about a month ago and the club didn't comment on that either...  Was that made up?

I am not slating Power. the club or the media here...  But they do have a duty to keep fans informed when things do happen or when false claims are reported, if the club are going to shut down the media you will start to see made up stories appear, it's human nature, even on a football forum,  and I do not class forcing an app that doesn't work down our throats...  They haven't even commented on that FFS.

I don't expect to find out everything from the club but at least give us the basics...  Tell us how the pitch is looking, show us some pretty pictures of pre-season training, just dangle a nugget of a carrot at least..

Spot on!!

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Combe Down

« Reply #64 on: Thursday, July 9, 2015, 02:46:23 »

Shall we arrange some kind of Glasnost and Perestroika protest before or after one of the home friendlies? Maybe that twink from Bath can organize something. Or old scholars could provide a tickertape effect by ripping up newspapers. Is that an example of irony?
BruceChatwin

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Thursday, July 9, 2015, 06:30:49 »

We all thought we were being run fantastically behind the scenes during Black's tenure, because J. Wray was such a great communicator, even though in a lot of respects, the way we were operating turned out to be something of a shambles.

By all accounts we're being run more effectively under Power, but with no mediator between the board and the fans, the atmosphere seems considerably more negative.

We're a pretty superficial bunch, all things being told. A bit of cheap PR, drip-fed to us regularly, could have a hugely positive effect on the atmosphere around the club.

You wouldn't have believed from the current atmosphere that we:

- finished 4th last year
- got to a playoff final
- played some of the best football we've seen in 20 years
- cemented a reputation for developing young players
- forged close links with a number of Premiership clubs
- were able to balance the books, having got the last remnants of the Di Canio era off the payroll
- just made a record amount from the sale of 2 players, and still have Kasim, Bryne, and Smith, and a few more   
  potentially valuable assets on the books
- are run by a chairman with good business sense, a keen eye for a player, and a lot of money to work with
- have what will no doubt be an exciting and unpredictable summer of transfers ahead
- will be playing in one of the most open looking league 1 in years
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Thursday, July 9, 2015, 07:10:03 »

I'm kicking myself. All the times I've been at a lose end when I could have been giving Dan the Fan a hard time. I must make an effort. Has he blocked you yet Tans?

Haha not yet
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #67 on: Thursday, July 9, 2015, 08:54:48 »

twink from Bath

:')
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Thursday, July 9, 2015, 14:06:12 »

@SamMorshead_: Swindon Town confirm no pre-match press conferences in 2015/16. Club will conduct their own previews on official website/promote over Fanzai

@SamMorshead_: #stfc will meet FL obligations re matchday pressers but nothing more. Say logistics re training ground switch to Calne are part of reason.

@SamMorshead_: Not expecting anything by way of written explanation etc. Total Sport informed over the phone. Got to feel for the press officer.

What a load of old shite.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Thursday, July 9, 2015, 14:11:51 »

In fairness, pre match press conferences are total crap anyway. Might be nice to read some stories in-season that show a bit more thought than "Cooper says that they will respect next opponent, plays down any controversies and suggests they will go for win".

Not that the club aren't being stupid here, but I've quite enjoyed the more innovative articles the local press have been pitching up recently as they aren't able to report on the insipid comments of well media trained players desperately trying not to say anything interesting.
Skinny Pete

« Reply #70 on: Thursday, July 9, 2015, 14:15:52 »

Does it really matter, though?

I shall just wait for whatever snippets deemed by the club are for public consumption to be rehashed by Sam et al.

I shall not be using that God-awful app.

Plus, it gives full licence for the other 'media' to print any old bollocks and stick 2 fingers up to the club.
« Last Edit: Thursday, July 9, 2015, 14:18:07 by Skinny Pete » Logged
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Thursday, July 9, 2015, 14:35:26 »

they are really helping to attract fans to games aren't they, some neutrals like to read how the club is doing what they are up to etc, but if there is nothing for the press to write about then it's almost like the club are not at the forefront of people's minds

Personally I like hearing  / reading interviews from players and management now and again

Skinny Pete

« Reply #72 on: Thursday, July 9, 2015, 14:45:47 »

Know what you mean, but it's mainly homogenised bollocks.

Gone are the days of the PdC combustion rants.

sigh
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Thursday, July 9, 2015, 14:53:12 »

this is a fucking prick move by the club.

why oh why, the majority were just buying in to power being what he said he is. now he's instantly built a wall of mistrust again for no seemingly good reason.

I'm sure that comment will be closed as melodramatic by some, don't give a fuck.

in fact the only reasons for doing this I can see are:
1. they are going to monetise fanzai
2. to control the press the day they want
3. as a big fuck you to the press, just for did and giggles.

what have I missed? where are the positives?
Skinny Pete

« Reply #74 on: Thursday, July 9, 2015, 14:58:07 »

No positives for anyone but the club.

But it wont stop the journos sniffing out a story.

And, if the club really think they will make money out of it, they're mistaken.

But the club pulling up the drawbridge isn't what the fans want. We just want to be chastised for not buying enough STs or for not going at all.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 35   Go Up
Print
Jump to: