Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 ... 35   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Press restrictions.  (Read 108163 times)
Sir Pissalot

« Reply #375 on: Wednesday, August 5, 2015, 11:34:26 »

It's a sense of ownership that fans feel. It's their/our club ergo we are entitled to know every nut and bolt of what's happening at the club.

That aint ever going to change.

As well as being a life-long fan, I'm also a (minor) shareholder.  There has been no communication from the Club/Company for ages.  The last time I heard anything directly from them was when Andrew Black bailed out two years ago.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #376 on: Wednesday, August 5, 2015, 11:55:34 »

Also, the suggestion that we're suddenly going to lose hundreds of fans because Tom Bassam and Morshead aren't at a press conference on a Thursday is equally bizarre.

As I said, I actually don't agree with the club, but the reaction has been.... disproportionate.

Except no-one's actually suggested that. It's more about failing to attract occasionals than losing regulars. I don't think the squabbling band of no-life dribblers who inhabit this forum are the ones who will be primarily affected by this strategy. It's the 10000 casual visitors who will be less bothered about coming if they read the negative press about our tinpot club, and perhaps more importantly have difficulty finding out about club promotions.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
DRS

« Reply #377 on: Wednesday, August 5, 2015, 12:03:39 »

Except no-one's actually suggested that. It's more about failing to attract occasionals than losing regulars. I don't think the squabbling band of no-life dribblers who inhabit this forum are the ones who will be primarily affected by this strategy. It's the 10000 casual visitors who will be less bothered about coming if they read the negative press about our tinpot club, and perhaps more importantly have difficulty finding out about club promotions.
That's kind of the point though.The adver were mainly only printing the shite stuff anyway. The 10000 casuals are not likely to be following Sam or Andrew on twitter anyway are they,looking at their follwer counts it's not made up of thousands and thousands from swindon.

I have said before i think the idea from power is stupid but maybe he has sat back and thought fuck this there are too many outlets trying to outscoop eachother. There is no reason why they still can't report rumours on players etc but even that has stopped lately
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #378 on: Wednesday, August 5, 2015, 18:02:52 »

I'm looking forward to this blowing over completely when the season kicks off, as said elsewhere its been whipped up (fairly well admittedly) by local journalists on social media.

Whilst I am not surprised Total Sport and FLIC feel aggrieved (the Adver have only themselves to blame), not only are they still present on a match day - but they can still post the main articles of interest, which for me are rumours and the odd Q&A with an ex-player.

We are only 'missing out' on the pre match interviews which are spread out between every news outlet. And if I am not wrong, the BBC will have some coverage in the week anyway?

DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #379 on: Wednesday, August 5, 2015, 21:00:09 »

Yep, agree.

Roaming the land while you sleep..
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #380 on: Thursday, August 6, 2015, 08:13:58 »

To be fair we are missing out on insightful local interviews like this...

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/cherries/clubnews/13574875.AFC_Bournemouth_boss_Eddie_Howe__Best_squad_I_ve_ever_seen_here/?ref=mac

Considering its the first time they have ever played at this level and they have splashed a fair bit of cash you would hope it would be the best squad he has ever had.
Combe Down

« Reply #381 on: Thursday, August 6, 2015, 19:21:11 »

Excuse my ignorance but is the Fanzai application free?
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #382 on: Thursday, August 6, 2015, 19:21:54 »

At the moment
Combe Down

« Reply #383 on: Thursday, August 6, 2015, 19:24:59 »

OK, well I use an application called Grindr which is free, and although sometimes its performance is shaky, it certainly delivers results. Maybe Fanzai is comparable to that.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #384 on: Thursday, August 6, 2015, 19:42:42 »

OK, well I use an application called Grindr which is free, and although sometimes its performance is shaky, it certainly delivers results. Maybe Fanzai is comparable to that.

Now there is a proper idea for a football app, swipe players left or right depending on how good or shit we think they are before the game, et voila - team selected, reset, in game play - subs selected. We can save money on Coopers wages and Standings consultancy fees* and Fanzai in a new player.

* which I totally made up.

Interesting way to come out to the TEF btw.
Combe Down

« Reply #385 on: Thursday, August 6, 2015, 19:51:47 »

Thanks. How did you come out on here? Hope to see you all at The Town Gardens before and after the game on Saturday. Beware that Old Town roads will be closed around 11.30am - noon due to the parade. http://www.swindonwiltshirepride.co.uk
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #386 on: Thursday, August 6, 2015, 20:02:03 »

Still living a lie Combe.

Pride looks pretty good, and free.

Combe Down

« Reply #387 on: Thursday, August 6, 2015, 20:07:16 »

Ah OK ;-).  It is a good day out. All are welcome. Usual attendance is about 8,000 throughout the day. Be interesting to see who gets the highest figure on Saturday!

Beware the booze policy though. There are bars onsite but you can bring your own but a strict 4 cans only per visit. The security is tight. Anyway don't mean to hog this thread. Back to the Press Ban...
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #388 on: Thursday, August 6, 2015, 20:25:59 »

Good interview and as good a place as any for those who haven't seen

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33787491
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #389 on: Friday, August 7, 2015, 18:51:38 »

Tom Bassam was interviewed on Channel 4 news as part of a feature on media bans.

Newcastle, Celtic, Rangers and Town featured.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 ... 35   Go Up
Print
Jump to: