Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 35   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Press restrictions.  (Read 108019 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, July 7, 2015, 10:45:08 »

Of course it's a money maker for him. He's a business man, suck it up.

As long as he continues working his mojo in the transfer market and keeping us competitive toward the top of the table, then fair play to him.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, July 7, 2015, 10:50:23 »

No one would give a shit if it was mid season and we were winning games.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, July 7, 2015, 10:57:51 »

in the back of my mind I can't help but feel we're nothing but a money maker for him and nothing else.
Yes Power is a football man, yes he made us competitve on the pitch but he has said since he came to the club that its about making money.

He did say that if we got up to the Championship then he would probably sell the club, that was in his earliest interview.....I see no reason why anything has changed.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, July 7, 2015, 11:06:56 »

No one would give a shit if it was mid season and we were winning games.

It isnt though. and as well know if there isnt any news, it gets made up, until everyone is in a frenzy.
Flashheart

« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, July 7, 2015, 11:10:11 »

I find it naive to expect an owner to act entirely altruistically toward the club. We're no Chelsea that can attract a super-rich sugar daddy. We're an unfashionable 3rd tier team that would likely struggle in the 2nd tier. The likes of Brentford and Bristol City got lucky with a rich benefactor that happens to be a fan. Maybe one day that will be us.

For now, however, we have lee Power and he's done a pretty good job so far. As you were, Lee.
steveg

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, July 7, 2015, 11:18:16 »

I find it naive to expect an owner to act entirely altruistically toward the club. We're no Chelsea that can attract a super-rich sugar daddy. We're an unfashionable 3rd tier team that would likely struggle in the 2nd tier. The likes of Brentford and Bristol City got lucky with a rich benefactor that happens to be a fan. Maybe one day that will be us.

For now, however, we have lee Power and he's done a pretty good job so far. As you were, Lee.

I concur!!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, July 7, 2015, 11:28:49 »

The owner being a fan doesn't really mean anything....Lansdown's years and millions haven't exactly delivered Bristol much.

We had a fairly wealthy fan in charge with SSW, again didn't achieve much.

Power has his way of doing things and so far has done OK....next season is going to be a proper hard examination of the model...insofar as season 1, we still had a fairly strong squad with some leftovers from PdC days, last season we could still put out Wes and Williams' 20 goals from the previous era....next season, as things stand we're looking to be even more dependant on youthful enthusiasm.
Flashheart

« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, July 7, 2015, 11:32:37 »

The owner being a fan doesn't really mean anything....Lansdown's years and millions haven't exactly delivered Bristol much.

I think it'll matter when they eventually depart and (probably) wont want to leave the club in a mess.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, July 7, 2015, 11:36:04 »

I think it'll matter when they eventually depart and (probably) wont want to leave the club in a mess.

You only need to look at the beloved clubs of the 2 Jacks, Walker and Hayward, to see that it can still go pear shaped even with the best of intentions.
Flashheart

« Reply #24 on: Tuesday, July 7, 2015, 11:41:22 »

You only need to look at the beloved clubs of the 2 Jacks, Walker and Hayward, to see that it can still go pear shaped even with the best of intentions.

Even more reason to be grateful of Power's competence so far.
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, July 7, 2015, 11:44:05 »

Whatever the post-benefactor eras bring, Walker and Hayward did make big contributions to the revamping of the grounds. Lansdown is doing this for City as we speak. I'd be amazed if anything similar happens to the CG during my lifetime.
Ticker45

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, July 7, 2015, 11:50:39 »

I can understand keeping some things under wraps, it would not be Swindon Town F.C. otherwise, but like a fair number of people would appreciate a little more information from the Club itself. I do not think for one moment it is good public relations as I assume it is still the public the club wants to attract, and if it were not for Sam Moreshead jumping the Adver ship would the fans know anything?

Hmmm

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday, July 7, 2015, 14:16:51 »

Whatever the post-benefactor eras bring, Walker and Hayward did make big contributions to the revamping of the grounds. Lansdown is doing this for City as we speak. I'd be amazed if anything similar happens to the CG during my lifetime.

I'll be amazed if we get new floodlight bulbs..
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday, July 7, 2015, 14:18:46 »

Normally we get stuff like that, and progress reports on the grass growing, nothing this year.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday, July 7, 2015, 14:20:20 »

Normally we get stuff like that, and progress reports on the grass growing, nothing this year.
Marcus has been forced to sign the Official Secrets Act!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 35   Go Up
Print
Jump to: