Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Norfolk  (Read 2721 times)
Panda Paws

« on: Monday, July 6, 2015, 12:09:00 »

Thinking of taking a short break somewhere in the UK, quiet with good beer and food and North Norfolk cropped up.

Any hints, tips, where to aim for etc....
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, July 6, 2015, 12:13:10 »

I hear the local radio's mid morning show is top notch.

Check out the Owl Sanctuary.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, July 6, 2015, 12:15:08 »

Thinking of taking a short break somewhere in the UK, quiet with good beer and food and North Norfolk cropped up.

Any hints, tips, where to aim for etc....

Many years ago, I took a bird to N Norfolk, for a spot of fly camping, found some decent looking dunes back of a quiet looking beach near Cromer.

Climbed in to investigate and seemed to have found a nest of nudist old gays with their dangly bits on display....put me right off.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, July 6, 2015, 12:21:41 »

If you want to stay somewhere a little different, Cley next the Sea, had a windmill you can stay in. Was great when we did it a few years ago. North Norfolk is lovely, and has a good digital radio station.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, July 6, 2015, 15:07:01 »

Look out for those Norfolk broads.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, July 6, 2015, 15:12:45 »

Look out for those Norfolk broads.

Norfolk enchants....
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, July 6, 2015, 15:20:53 »

Norfolk enchants....

But avoid a Suffolk Punch.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Monday, July 6, 2015, 15:29:44 »

But avoid a Suffolk Punch.

There used to be a china Suffolk Punch in the Boardroom cabinet....kindly donated by Ipswich, when we played them in 81, to wrongly mark the centenary of the club
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Monday, July 6, 2015, 19:27:06 »

Try the Burnhams for Georgian character (Market for the Hoste Arms Pub restaurant, Thorpe for Nelson's birthplace and Overy Staithe for  a long walk out through salt marshes to beach and dunes)

Try Wells next the Sea for the most spectacular stretch of golden sand and big Norfolk sky with a pretty backdrop of pine trees and beachuts (and don't get cut off when the tide comes in and fills the sandy gullies you barely notice heading out - it is quite dangerous) and visit Holkham Hall 1 mile inland where Shakespeare in Love was filmed

Or try Cley next the Sea with its pretty flint cottages, windmill and trips to see the seals on nearby islet colonies

or the links golf course at Hunstanton or the pretty market town of Holt....

chalkies_shorts

« Reply #9 on: Monday, July 6, 2015, 19:40:03 »

Went to Norfolk a few years ago in between cromwr andcsheringham. Really enjoyed it. If you like seals then taking a boatcwith beans is well worth it. Holt is indeed very pretty with one of the best chippies I've ever been to.
SleafordRobin

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Monday, July 6, 2015, 20:34:47 »

I lived in Kings Lynn for some time & found Hunstanton was OK, not overly commercial but plenty to do.  Wells next to the sea has been mentioned & it's just down the road & it's much more unspoiled, you've also got Sandringham close by.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Monday, July 6, 2015, 21:27:22 »

Rural Norfolk is a special place.  It's like stepping back in time.  (You can make all kinds of jokes about that, but there's something wonderfully old fashioned about the place.)  Proper unwind territory.

Some of the villages across the north and east of the county are idyllic.  Find one with a decent pub.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: