Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: And we think we have problems!!  (Read 4689 times)
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« on: Friday, July 3, 2015, 19:15:03 »

Just reading that Torquay Utd have a few problems, a group of supporters have bought the club for £1 and intend ploughing money in but it was revealed that at this moment in time they have just NINE players on the books and that includes three academy youngsters!!  The Academy has basically been disbanded and as a result of all this only SIXTY season tickets have been sold so far.   Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Crying Crying Crying
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Friday, July 3, 2015, 22:14:07 »

Hoorah! Some one's worse off than us*

*Possibly
Flashheart

« Reply #2 on: Saturday, July 4, 2015, 05:21:54 »

We have problems? Have I missed something?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, July 4, 2015, 07:02:16 »

We have problems? Have I missed something?

As things stand 14 players a week into pre-season training, including Storey, and including a number of youngsters, isn't ideal.

The loan players will come later into pre-season, that's already been stated. I hope we'll add to the perm staff otherwise the model is screwed.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, July 4, 2015, 07:49:56 »

I've not said much until now as I thought I would wait to see how things develop in pre-season but essentially nothing has happened.

It is not the 1st June, we're 3 days away from our first pre-season friendly and our mass exodus of players - which everyone knew would happen - has been replaced by some bloke called BOO, who is going to have to be one hell of a player to compensate for the loss of Luongo, Gladwin, Stephens, Turnbull, Williams and others. Here's hoping.

At the moment, the best possible scenario is that we are going to be some distance behind other teams in terms of preparation as you really need to have the majority of your signings in place for the start of pre-season.

Add to that a very odd management situation and I think it's perfectly reasonable to be more than a bit concerned at this moment in time.

Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, July 4, 2015, 07:53:07 »

Lee is setting us up for another pre-season of low expectations followed by a storming few months when the season gets going.  It is written.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, July 4, 2015, 08:14:05 »

Well to be fair, I've been very pessimistic for each of the last two seasons (like most people I guess) so if they wildy exceed my expectations for a third season in a row I will be delighted.

I think it would have been reasonable to have expected at least a couple of permanent signings by now though (in addition to the amazing, multi-positional, play anywhere BOO).
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, July 4, 2015, 10:06:49 »

The lack of communication messes with our collective heads. Last year we knew we had to wait for the conclusion of the court case which was fair enough. But now?

I also don't think it's much of a coincidence that it's suddenly got even quieter since Sam Morshead went on holiday, even with several journalists working on STFC.

Like I said, it's messing with our heads...

Smiley
« Last Edit: Saturday, July 4, 2015, 10:37:07 by Costanza » Logged
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Saturday, July 4, 2015, 10:34:39 »

The lack of communication messes with our collective heads. Last year we knew we had to wait for the conclusion of the court case which was fair enough. But now?

I also don't think it's much of a coincidence that it's suddenly got even quieter since Sam Morshead went on holiday, even with several journalists working on STFC.L

Like I said, it's messing with our heads...

Smiley
Totally agree, but in truth there has been nothing to report - officially!!  Had to smile at today's Adver carrying an advertisement for Supermarine for the friendly again STFC.  Big advertisement (half-page), in bold type it says "First chance to see summer signings!"  Is that a misprint as there is only one signing so far apart from a contract extension!!  Good chance to have boosted season tickets sales if we had been busy with new players especially as we were promised "that we would get our business done early"!!
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Saturday, July 4, 2015, 14:00:42 »

Totally agree, but in truth there has been nothing to report - officially!!  Had to smile at today's Adver carrying an advertisement for Supermarine for the friendly again STFC.  Big advertisement (half-page), in bold type it says "First chance to see summer signings!"  Is that a misprint as there is only one signing so far apart from a contract extension!!  Good chance to have boosted season tickets sales if we had been busy with new players especially as we were promised "that we would get our business done early"!!

Probably refers to supermarine who have signed a handful of players
Flashheart

« Reply #10 on: Saturday, July 4, 2015, 14:32:26 »

A few nibbles. Not too bad.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Saturday, July 4, 2015, 21:58:15 »

A few nibbles. Not too bad.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: