Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Read this thread: Fanzai.com/TEF  (Read 16960 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Thursday, July 2, 2015, 19:05:00 »

the greatest thing banzai ever did was speed gun the queen mother's hearse!
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Thursday, July 2, 2015, 19:07:40 »

I literally have no idea what everyone is going on about.  Then again I don't use Twitter or Facebook either. I doubt 90% of the clubs fan base give much of a fuck either way.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Thursday, July 2, 2015, 19:08:49 »

I'll bet there's an even cooler version of you out there too.  'Internet...nah!!'

Wink
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Thursday, July 2, 2015, 19:14:35 »

I never moved past a Nokia 6210. Got old way to quickly.
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Thursday, July 2, 2015, 20:04:59 »

Fansigh.

manc_red

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Thursday, July 2, 2015, 21:25:04 »

I literally have no idea what everyone is going on about.  Then again I don't use Twitter or Facebook either. I doubt 90% of the clubs fan base give much of a fuck either way.

Same.

So for us uninitiated, what is it and why should anyone give a fuck?
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Thursday, July 2, 2015, 21:32:28 »

Same.

So for us uninitiated, what is it and why should anyone give a fuck?

Its basically an app that to all intents and purposes replaces the news section on the OS ( or mirrors it )
In the past the club used to tweet or post to fb an item with a link to the OS as well
Now that link is replaced to one to fanzaiapp with the item itself shortened so you can't make it out until you follow the fanzaiapp link

Unfortunately for most that app continually errors on opening phone/tablet and makes most hang making it unusable.

As posted above luckily within a couple of minutes the post/tweet has been picked up by flic and others so no need to visit either OS or fanzaiapp

Make sense ?
SuggWillSugg MBE

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Thursday, July 2, 2015, 21:34:16 »

Its basically an app that to all intents and purposes replaces the news section on the OS ( or mirrors it )

I haven't downloaded the app (for the reasons you've mentioned) but I don't think it even replaces the news section on the OS, it literally just links too it.

It's just an extra step that isn't needed or warranted.

@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Thursday, July 2, 2015, 21:35:52 »

I haven't downloaded the app (for the reasons you've mentioned) but I don't think it even replaces the news section on the OS, it literally just links too it.

It's just an extra step that isn't needed or warranted.

OK more mirrors then but no need to visit the OS anymore for news as all on that app
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Thursday, July 2, 2015, 22:28:18 »

Can't say I've got a problem with it. Downloaded it. It's simple, looks fine. I don't like how you automatically "follow" random players, but you can deselect all that. I'd rather it didn't replace the website news (which I'm not sure it will) because that serves a very different audience and is a marketing tool.

I think people's ambivalence towards it is as much to do with Michael Standing (the 2015 Diamandis...lurking in the shadows) looking to make a quick buck whilst the club seemingly takes its eye off simple, straightforward PR with the fans.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Thursday, July 2, 2015, 23:26:16 »

My ambivalence to it is to do with its pointlessness. If it was run by Don Rogers and the Dalai Lama I still wouldn't use it.

I don't need another app, I don't need another social network, I don't need another convoluted way to get news about my club (especially when there isn't any.)

It might not be intrinsically "bad" but it's a money making exercise that offers nothing to consumers. I mean they might as well say "hey, we've signed someone. But if you want to find out who give us a quid and punch yourself in the face first."

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
manc_red

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Friday, July 3, 2015, 06:02:34 »

In the past the club used to tweet or post to fb an item with a link to the OS as well
Now that link is replaced to one to fanzaiapp with the item itself shortened so you can't make it out until you follow the fanzaiapp link

Unfortunately for most that app continually errors on opening phone/tablet and makes most hang making it unusable.

As posted above luckily within a couple of minutes the post/tweet has been picked up by flic and others so no need to visit either OS or fanzaiapp

Make sense ?

Yep. Cheers.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Friday, July 3, 2015, 08:26:33 »

My ambivalence to it is to do with its pointlessness. If it was run by Don Rogers and the Dalai Lama I still wouldn't use it.

I don't need another app, I don't need another social network, I don't need another convoluted way to get news about my club (especially when there isn't any.)

It might not be intrinsically "bad" but it's a money making exercise that offers nothing to consumers. I mean they might as well say "hey, we've signed someone. But if you want to find out who give us a quid and punch yourself in the face first."

Exactly this. There is zero value add, and its the way that if you want to get news via twitter you are forced to use it. On a mobile checking the OS is a bit clumsy whereas twitter is easier/lighter - even if you need to go to the OS at some point to get the full story.

Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday, July 7, 2015, 09:49:50 »

Interesting snippet from the Adver (I know, I'm surprised too)

Currently a chosen method the club are using to disseminate information from the County Ground is the woeful Fanzai app, a social media tool used, it seems, mostly by clients of Town’s transfer adviser Michael Standing that has caused head-scratching bewilderment from supporters.

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/13373342.TOM_ON_TOWN__Why_so_quiet_on_the_County_Ground_front_/
Panda Paws

« Reply #29 on: Tuesday, July 7, 2015, 09:51:48 »

Nothing new there....
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: