Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Read this thread: Fanzai.com/TEF  (Read 17028 times)
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« on: Thursday, July 2, 2015, 16:52:21 »

There's been some mention of it in the trivial things that annoy you thread, but time to graduate to it's own as it's sticking around

This Fanzai thing the club seem to have replaced all their social media information with: the fact that they're trying to make me get it has got my back up, but is it any good, and does anyone in the know know what the deal is with this? Are they paying for us to cut off communication to fans by all other routes or is it a friend of a friend type arrangement?

More generally, what kind of business makes it hard for their customers to get information about them? If they're going to carry on with this when it comes to ticket details, that's not going to end well.

(Feel free to additionally speculate wildly on the fact that Gareth Barry is one of the "big name" footballers involved in the launch of the app last summer)
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, July 2, 2015, 16:59:28 »

This on twitter made me smile in response to the post that Boo had signed (they fuzzed him out if no one saw it)
SuggWillSugg MBE

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, July 2, 2015, 17:01:22 »

I'm interested as to how it'll work when matches are on.

Currently we have the club, Sam M & ASD all doing live updates from the game as it happens all via twitter. I'm intrigued whether the club plan on moving their coverage all onto fanzai and hoping the fans ditch twitter to follow them, which lets face it, isn't going to happen.

This whole deal appears incredibly naive by the clubs marketing & social media department, obviously it's come from higher up that this app is now to be used, but using this and only this app without warning, whilst it's obviously unfinished and not populated? This app could be incredible, but no Swindon fan will take too it now, the club have tainted it but pushing it too hard and too early. Drop in the occasional link alongside normal tweets and it may have worked. but now, I can't see it working at all.

An awful all round launch tactic, taking into account that the fans already weren't exactly happy with the clubs communication this summer, it's not gone well.

Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, July 2, 2015, 17:03:42 »

Yeah, I saw that Tom Otrebski (club comms/PR man) had retweeted literally the only positive tweet about Fanzai on the entire of the club's feed - I'm sure the decision was taken higher up than him but it does seem like a poor idea, and worse, a poor implementation of an already poor idea. Like you say Sugg, a phased implementation and an announcement would have been a good start!
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, July 2, 2015, 17:05:21 »

If the official Swindon Town website, Facebook account and Twitter feed all closed tomorrow it would have zero impact on my day.

I'm not using Fanzai because it's rubbish or on principle. I won't download it because I simply don't get my news from them.

BBC Wiltshire Sport, Total, Adver... etc
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, July 2, 2015, 17:08:05 »

I don't really need or see the point for yet another social media channel to be shoved down my throat. I like being able to use Twitter as a news aggregator. I don't want to have to use another site as a news aggregator aggregator.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, July 2, 2015, 17:11:14 »

Fram what I can see, the only unique thing about Fanzai is that it's a "read only" thing, so posters don't end up with pages of abuse.

No wonder John Terry was quick to jump on it.
Barry Scott

« Reply #7 on: Thursday, July 2, 2015, 17:15:17 »

They must be on to a winner. Everything's going retro these days and removing the social aspect from a social app and making it awkward and read only is so 2001.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, July 2, 2015, 18:01:05 »

You get all the STFC news you need on the TEF, which let's face it is fairly small beer, as mostly nothing much is happening...with added bollocks, and soap opera type indignation and floucing out. What is there to add ?
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, July 2, 2015, 18:36:43 »

The funny thing is it was redundant before it even started.  Anyone with a twitter feed will get the 'Breaking News' tweet from the club with the Fanzai link, and no additional info.  And then two mins later both Sam Morshead and Andrew Steele-Davis will tweet to tell you what it's all about.

I don't need Fanzai.  It adds nothing.  All we need is at least one willing volunteer (and we have two, as above) to install it and then tell everyone else what's going on.  And I'm not the kind of football fan who can't deal with a 2 minute delay when getting my close season football news.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, July 2, 2015, 18:52:06 »

Thought this was the brainchild of one Michael Standing who appears to have connections with STFC - although nothing official!!
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, July 2, 2015, 19:00:25 »

Is it just me, or...

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Thursday, July 2, 2015, 19:03:34 »

fanzai is a bag of shit, extra level of clickery I can do without. I've binned the official twitter account.

own goal stfc
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Thursday, July 2, 2015, 19:03:52 »

No not just you....I did the Banzai pun a week ago  Smiley
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Thursday, July 2, 2015, 19:04:51 »

I will never keep up with you, Reg.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up