Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Masters Dissertation Questionnaire  (Read 7675 times)
voiseyj

Ignore
« on: Thursday, July 2, 2015, 15:12:22 »

Hi all, Plymouth Argyle fan in peace!

I am asking a few minutes of your time to complete my questionnaire for my masters dissertation, around the subject of lack of consistent success for teams in the south west region of the country at the top level.

A participant information sheet and consent form are attached within the link. Due to University regulations ethics is a big part of this so please could you take time to read the information sheet and ask any questions you may have before completing the questionnaire.

Thank you for your time,

James Voisey

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1jp8sG-_F2Yyg8H-A1DS_iOCD8KZiIUUioIkq9EXIEJM/viewform

*Also if mods could please sticky this so it doesn't get lost that would be great, thank you*
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, July 2, 2015, 15:43:19 »

Completed. All the best.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, July 2, 2015, 16:04:03 »

Done  Yes
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, July 2, 2015, 16:14:58 »

Completed!
SuggWillSugg MBE

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, July 2, 2015, 16:19:05 »

Done.

voiseyj

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, July 2, 2015, 16:40:12 »

Thanks guys, may i reiterate who important the first two pages are. If not read and completed properly your results may not be able to be used as University ethics are very specific on this,

Thanks again
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #6 on: Thursday, July 2, 2015, 17:12:18 »

Hi James, there's a small typo on the section for "how far do yo travel to home games" presumably the first option should've been <10 miles rather than >10 miles.

Completed anyway. I'm not going to sticky the thread but feel free to come back and bump it as often as you feel is necessary.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, July 2, 2015, 17:21:33 »

Just done it. The options on this question seemed surprising:

On average, how many live games do you watch on television per week?

None
1-4
5-9
10+

Who on earth is watching 900+ minutes of football a week? And more to the point, I probably watch one every few weeks - am I meant to answer none or 1-4? And if the latter is it statistically useful to lump me in with someone who watches four games a week? I'd say that the difference between 1 and 4 is pretty significant when the units are two hours of football.
voiseyj

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, July 2, 2015, 17:33:43 »

on an average week if you do not watch a live game of football on television then probably none would be the correct answer. I'm sure you may be surprised what some people get up to and how much live football they can get their hands on!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #9 on: Thursday, July 2, 2015, 17:39:27 »

My mate (who lives on his own and is very sad) watches every live game thats on TV, during the season he can easily watch 15+ games a week.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
voiseyj

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, July 2, 2015, 17:43:32 »

if you think in 7 seven days monday to sunday, there will probably be 5 games in midweek 2/3 on a Saturday and the same on a Sunday, 10 games could easily be achieved
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, July 2, 2015, 17:45:34 »

I'm not sure achieved is the right word!
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Thursday, July 2, 2015, 17:49:06 »

Let's face it, the quantity of televised football is absolutely ridiculous. Yeah, I'm sure in 1995 people said 'A SUNDAY AND MONDAY GAME!?!?! NO WAAAAAY' but this is now a massive issue.

We're now firmly within an era when people wouldn't even consider going to a football match because they've got all the football they need on television or an online stream.

As it stands, we will not win this battle. In fact it's probably more likely that the 3pm banning of live football will be lifted.
« Last Edit: Thursday, July 2, 2015, 17:50:52 by Costanza » Logged
Barry Scott

« Reply #13 on: Thursday, July 2, 2015, 19:09:16 »

My mate (who lives on his own and is very sad) watches every live game thats on TV, during the season he can easily watch 15+ games a week.

My sister's boyfriend, who must literally gamble on every game that gets played, probably sees similar. He's definitely on the fast-track to the poor house.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Thursday, July 2, 2015, 19:13:14 »

Let's face it, the quantity of televised football is absolutely ridiculous. Yeah, I'm sure in 1995 people said 'A SUNDAY AND MONDAY GAME!?!?! NO WAAAAAY' but this is now a massive issue.

We're now firmly within an era when people wouldn't even consider going to a football match because they've got all the football they need on television or an online stream.

As it stands, we will not win this battle. In fact it's probably more likely that the 3pm banning of live football will be lifted.

But aren't crowds up in general over the same period TV really invaded?  It's like road building, the more you give people the more they want.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: