Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Glastonbury 2015  (Read 17902 times)
Hitchinred

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Tuesday, June 30, 2015, 13:05:53 »

Did anyone see Suede's set at Glastonbury?  Clap

It was on Iplayer over the weekend and I listened to it in the background rather than watched. Sounded decent.
manc_red

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Tuesday, June 30, 2015, 18:18:17 »

Did anyone see Suede's set at Glastonbury?  Clap
Yep. From near the front. Brett Anderson was going for it, really good set.

Libertines the highlight for me this year though.
manc_red

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Tuesday, June 30, 2015, 18:35:57 »

Again, each to their own, but despite the price inflation over the years, I still think the 220 quid (I think that's what it was this year) is incredible value for what you get at Glastonbury. It's no longer just a few bands playing in a muddy field, but a 24 hour a day assault on the senses for 5 days.
For me, spending 2/3/4 times that on some trip just for a bit of sun, coming back with a net cultural gain of finding out what a Sunday roast tastes like in a shit bar on a Majorca beach, is completely mad.

This.

Most people would struggle not to find 5 acts on the bill in any given year they'd love to see; get a ticket to see them separately at their own gigs and that's at least the cost of your ticket right there. Fuck me, Paul Weller on his own at the Oasis was £50 a few months back.

Plus it's not just about the main stages as has been said. There's nearly 100 venues, stages and arenas altogether. It's impossible to explain the scale of it to someone who's never been. Areas like Arcadia and Shangri La are just mind blowing.
PHIL!!!!
Our Resident Emo Kid

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Tuesday, June 30, 2015, 18:47:50 »

Totally agree about festivals being worth the money.
It's so much more than just music these days too. I go to Download and 2000 Tree's each year - Yes I get more than my moneys worth from the amount of bands I see, but there's everything else involved too. There's so much to do! The atmosphere alone is something else.
Fingers crossed I get tickets for Glastonbury next year. It's on the bucket list!

Bassett Bulldogs FC - http://bassettbulldogsfc.co.uk/
Flashheart

« Reply #49 on: Tuesday, June 30, 2015, 20:18:59 »

I've heard of Kanye West, of course I have, but I don't really pay much attention to the stars. I recognise a couple of his songs and even quite enjoy them. Just now though I was intrigued and just had to have a google/youtube of him.

Heavens to Betsy, what a cunt.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Tuesday, June 30, 2015, 20:51:26 »

I've heard of Kanye West, of course I have, but I don't really pay much attention to the stars. I recognise a couple of his songs and even quite enjoy them. Just now though I was intrigued and just had to have a google/youtube of him.

Heavens to Betsy, what a cunt.

Same here...but how can he be a headline act?!

Clems Army!
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Tuesday, June 30, 2015, 21:21:02 »

Same here...but how can he be a headline act?!

He isn't. There was probably (at a guess) about 200 more worthy acts at Glastonbury and probably more like 2,000 in the UK alone. What a fraud.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Tuesday, June 30, 2015, 21:25:28 »

I love kanye west. Rockstars are supposed to be brash and arrogant. Not Chris fucking Martin. He's incredibly gifted at what he does (which is admittedly not to every bodies taste). He's awesome

You probably need to flush the rest of that meth down the pan!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Tuesday, June 30, 2015, 21:32:40 »

Dude is the sixth highest selling music artist in US history and has seven platinum albums, you can criticise his music (can't say I like him much) and he's evidently a massive twat, but to say he isn't a headline act is madness. Consider that in the last few years, headliners have included Florence and the Machine, The Verve and Gorillaz. I prefer all three of those, but Kanye is a bigger booking than any of them.

BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Tuesday, June 30, 2015, 21:45:36 »

Dude is the sixth highest selling music artist in US history and has seven platinum albums, you can criticise his music (can't say I like him much) and he's evidently a massive twat, but to say he isn't a headline act is madness. Consider that in the last few years, headliners have included Florence and the Machine, The Verve and Gorillaz. I prefer all three of those, but Kanye is a bigger booking than any of them.

U2 headlined (admittedly without Bono as his back  was fooked) in 2010 as well as Radiohead and Muse. I'd say they're bigger bookings than some guy who thinks he's a rapper. Eminem, Dr.Dre, Tupac and even Snoop are Better R&B artists imo.

I get the angle you're coming from though. No pun intended!

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Flashheart

« Reply #55 on: Tuesday, June 30, 2015, 22:32:50 »

He's still a massive cunt though.
Panda Paws

« Reply #56 on: Wednesday, July 1, 2015, 08:23:29 »

He isn't. There was probably (at a guess) about 200 more worthy acts at Glastonbury and probably more like 2,000 in the UK alone. What a fraud.

Or - he's the defining artist of his generation, the single biggest act on the planet at the moment and arguably the biggest hip-hop artist of all time.

Different folks, different strokes but don't worry, I'm sure fucking Coldplay, Elbow and Kasabian will all be back next year trotting out the same old shit.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Wednesday, July 1, 2015, 10:38:09 »

Or - he's the defining artist of his generation, the single biggest act on the planet at the moment and arguably the biggest hip-hop artist of all time.

Different folks, different strokes but don't worry, I'm sure fucking Coldplay, Elbow and Kasabian will all be back next year trotting out the same old shit.

I do take your point PP, I guess I just don't 'get' that style of music, never have, never will.

That said, its the beauty of music and the multitude of artists out there in the musical spectrum that there is such a wide and varied mix of genres that there is something for everyone.

On a slightly festival related note, I am off (well, walking 10 minutes to) to Clapham Calling on Saturday, Elle King, Sunset Suns, Echo and the Bunnymen, The Hives, Modest Mouse, Ryan Adams and Noel Gallagher. Looking forward to a day in the sun listening to live music, can't beat it!

kerry red

« Reply #58 on: Wednesday, July 1, 2015, 11:14:55 »

Five Finger Death Punch are at Wembley

Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Wednesday, July 1, 2015, 11:32:57 »

I am working for 5 days in Finsbury park doing the wireless festival.  An absolute joy if you dont like all that type of kenny west music.

Never knowingly overstated.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: