Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Glastonbury 2015  (Read 17909 times)
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Sunday, June 28, 2015, 07:21:18 »

Kayne West was awful. Not my idea of music. Get some guitars, bass and drums up there and make some proper noise. Saturday night headliner at Glasto? There would have probably been better acts on the introducing stage.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Sunday, June 28, 2015, 08:19:36 »

Kanye West is currently one of the biggest names in music. The industry excitement of his first couple of albums seems to have been lost within the tabloid nonsense.

I don't listen to his stuff but it doesn't take a fan to realise that he's good at what he does. I saw him at a festival about 10 years ago and he was great fun.

Snobby Glastonbury elitism seems to be as consistent as the Somerset rain.
WEBBERhyde

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Sunday, June 28, 2015, 16:07:27 »

Missed out on tickets this year so hadn't properly looked at the line up. Initially declared it as being pretty pants. Can't say I was too enamoured with the headliners. But missing out on Everything Everyhting (saw them on Wednesday in Gloucester though), Jungle, Maccabees, Catfish, Wolf Alice, Glass Animals and Alabama Shakes, to name just a few, does smart a bit.

Just watched a snippet or two of Kanye's set. Can't say I really like his stuff...and he's a twat. But I did look bloody impressive. Fair play.

Just turned on the Lionel Ritchie stream, looks like him and the crowd are having an absolute blast.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Sunday, June 28, 2015, 17:49:29 »

Its funny how many angry posts there have been about Kanye. Lots of popele saying he shouldn't be there, in the same way the Metallica shouldn't have been there last year. If you dont like someone, don't watch them.

I remember back in 2000 (ish) when Eminem was billed for reading and the Rock/Metal scene were up in arms about it. He played again a few years ago and everyone loved it.

Same with Jay Z around that time too. Who cares who plays at a festival. Go see the bands/artists you like and enjoy it.
kerry red

« Reply #19 on: Sunday, June 28, 2015, 17:52:14 »

Different kind of festival, but has anyone ever gone to the Boomtown Festival in Arlesford in Hampshire.

Bit too folksy for me but I'd love to see Flogging Molly
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Sunday, June 28, 2015, 17:59:02 »

was talking to one of my younger coworkers the other day, he rated flogging molly as the best (most fun) gig he's ever been to.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Sunday, June 28, 2015, 18:00:04 »

Flogging Molly are pretty good fun.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Sunday, June 28, 2015, 18:03:29 »

Yeah good band, should be bigger.
Hexagon

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Sunday, June 28, 2015, 18:07:34 »

Went to Boomtown last year and it was brilliant, plenty of variety to it. The effort they put in creating the different districts is amazing.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #24 on: Sunday, June 28, 2015, 18:37:26 »

Went to Boomtown last year and it was brilliant, plenty of variety to it. The effort they put in creating the different districts is amazing.
The band I used to manage played Glastonbury, Womad and Boomtown...Boomtown was by far the best set up and overall layout by far.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Sunday, June 28, 2015, 18:47:16 »

Lionel Richie has just won Glastonbury.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Sir Pissalot

« Reply #26 on: Sunday, June 28, 2015, 18:55:27 »

Does anyone know why his drummer is playing behind what looks like a bullet proof screen? 
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #27 on: Sunday, June 28, 2015, 19:03:17 »

Does anyone know why his drummer is playing behind what looks like a bullet proof screen? 
Its a sound shield for when the drums are too loud for the group.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Sunday, June 28, 2015, 19:04:25 »

Its to shield him from the overspill of sound from the other instruments and vice versa.  Its fairly common practice with older artists with a lot of players on stage.

Never knowingly overstated.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Sunday, June 28, 2015, 19:04:58 »

Lionel Richie has just won Glastonbury.

Nah the Who will be awesome.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: