Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 16   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New manager for 15/16  (Read 57755 times)
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, June 24, 2015, 09:07:20 »

I don't want Williams to get promoted because his relationship with the players in a coaching role is clearly very effective and we may lose that if he was the manager.

Proboably be only 3 players left anyway so wouldnt let that bother you Cheesy
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, June 24, 2015, 09:08:51 »

Another outside thought might be Paul Trollope, currently head coach at Cardiff, bags of experience, worked under a sort of DoF at Rovers.  Did a stint at Norwich which may have got him onto Power's radar for good or bad.

The CG would be flooded in a sea of Fatburys jizm if that happened
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, June 24, 2015, 09:10:43 »

JFH wouldn't be a realistic option in the slightest, the way his managerial career has gone so far he would have his sights set higher than us.

Realistic options for me are managers who have done well on tiny budgets. Ardley at AFCW or the fella at D&R spring to mind.

Oh and Tisdale but I'm guessing if that were to have happened it would already have done one of the previous 63 times he has been linked.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, June 24, 2015, 09:10:46 »

The CG would be flooded in a sea of Fatburys jizm if that happened

Good point....make that a Trollope then.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, June 24, 2015, 09:13:00 »

Gareth Barry 
Has somebody been sniffing the spray-paint ?

I come from a land down-under
Panda Paws

« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, June 24, 2015, 09:13:16 »

Who do I want? JFH

Realistically, who do I want? Tidsdale, Ardley

Who will we get? Hockaday, or an "unknown" Power pal. Culverhouse maybe?
Panda Paws

« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, June 24, 2015, 09:13:42 »

Also, anyone mentionioning Holloway needs to take a long hard look at themselves. It's not 2006.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, June 24, 2015, 09:15:06 »

I think we can assume that the manager, or whatever title he holds, gets an input into decisions on players etc.....for example I think Smith and Hylton are Cooper players....whereas the Brighton boys are Williams players, and the Spurs/Norwich lads Power players.

Certainly it's not a job for everyone....The Prof (Hockaday to you young uns) would fit the bill

Another outside thought might be Paul Trollope, currently head coach at Cardiff, bags of experience, worked under a sort of DoF at Rovers.  Did a stint at Norwich which may have got him onto Power's radar for good or bad.
Hylton is definately a Power player, COoper had nothing to do with his signing, Smith is much more of a Cooper target and I feel will probably leave this summer.

As for Trollope....hell no, I know you always raise his name when the managers job comes up but he has no loyalty to Swindon unlike his father. Also he is a poor manager and his record speaks for itself, I am 99.9% certain he won't be in Powers plans whatsoever even if he did apply.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, June 24, 2015, 09:18:23 »

Realistically, who do I want? Tidsdale, Ardley
Ardley has a win ratio of 30% thats worse than Malpas! no thank you!

kerry red

« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, June 24, 2015, 09:21:11 »

We will not get a new manager in the traditional sense. Williams will have a free rein as far as style is concerned without the worry of friction between him and Cooper.

Power will continue to recruit the players. The only aspect is who will front up for the media.
Panda Paws

« Reply #25 on: Wednesday, June 24, 2015, 09:21:53 »

Ardley has a win ratio of 30% thats worse than Malpas! no thank you!

I'd imagine Tidsdale's is even lower but he still gets linked to every job going. Both have their small clubs punching above their weight.
DRS

« Reply #26 on: Wednesday, June 24, 2015, 09:22:51 »

Hylton is definately a Power player, COoper had nothing to do with his signing, Smith is much more of a Cooper target and I feel will probably leave this summer.

As for Trollope....hell no, I know you always raise his name when the managers job comes up but he has no loyalty to Swindon unlike his father. Also he is a poor manager and his record speaks for itself, I am 99.9% certain he won't be in Powers plans whatsoever even if he did apply.
Fairly certain it was Cooper who spotted him when he was watching his son
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday, June 24, 2015, 09:23:32 »

I said an outside thought....partly because we don't really need an old skool manager, more a team player with something to add to the mix.  Cooper's record was distinctly average, but the collegiate approach seemed to work for him..

The only other time I raised PT's name was in the long running saga, that led to Wilson, solely because at the time I had an inside line to info, and this was what I'd heard on the grapevine.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #28 on: Wednesday, June 24, 2015, 09:23:55 »

Fairly certain it was Cooper who spotted him when he was watching his son
Then I stand corrected, Power said on the radio previously that he had spotted him and had him scouted.

JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday, June 24, 2015, 09:24:09 »

Gareth Barry 
Has somebody been sniffing the spray-paint ?

This upcoming season is his last full playing season at Everton and he's been linked with us in some capacity since Power took over. Spoke to an Everton fan and he can see Barry going into a player-manager role somewhere in a few years time.

But yeah, it's not realistic.

Swindon Town Displays. Can you help out?
http://www.gofundme.com/STFCDisplays
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 16   Go Up
Print
Jump to: