Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Oasis  (Read 4718 times)
Anteater

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Sunday, June 21, 2015, 22:20:21 »

I got a 'lifetime' ban from the Oasis for climbing on the dome. True story, Bro.

Bit of a stupid thing to do in hindsight, but it seemed a good idea at the time.
.                                                                                                                                                                                      When was that ? Who. banned you ?  Sounds a bit strict !
Flashheart

« Reply #16 on: Monday, June 22, 2015, 05:12:22 »

.                                                                                                                                                                                      When was that ? Who. banned you ?  Sounds a bit strict !

fucking yonks ago. We were just kids at the time, it was just a member of staff probably just trying to scare us off. Nothing official, hence I put it in quotes.
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Monday, June 22, 2015, 07:52:53 »

£16.30 for 4 people to swim!!!! Sheesh!!!
I've not been to the oasis for years, was literally heaven on earth when I was a kid
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Monday, June 22, 2015, 08:15:04 »

Two adults and one child = 3 people  Cheesy
sir windon

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Monday, June 22, 2015, 11:19:58 »

Jesus what a dive. The changing facilities 8/10 the rest is just a patched up shithole. No dome busters. Mind you there was none went I last went back Feb time. Won't likely to be until Xmas if we're lucky. So two adults one child £16.30 for an hour just wading around jumping the waves. The old tri of slides were open as was the newer blue slide but the place will be off my visitor list until vast improvements have been made.

Guess what, Red and Proud?  I agree with you on this one! Was similarly stung there myself not long back.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Monday, June 22, 2015, 17:06:20 »

All facilities like this have a shelf life.  Like some others on here, I'm old enough to remember when the Oasis was shiny & new, and people would travel for well over an hour to go there.  But you'd now need to be nearly 40 to remember that.

I hope they don't try to keep it running too long.  The Oasis was innovative when it opened.  Hope it gets replaced by something similarly innovative before long.  The ski slope plans look interesting.  If they manage to link that better with the town centre this time - and bridge effectively the railway line that slices through Swindon - you could be on to a winner.
Red and Proud

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Monday, June 22, 2015, 18:16:22 »

I've not been to the oasis for years, was literally heaven on earth when I was a kid
THREE
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Monday, June 22, 2015, 18:43:17 »

Took the kid there last week. You can see changes are being made, albeit slow. The changing rooms although refurbished, stank of piss.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: