Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 15/16 displays  (Read 8319 times)
JayBox325

Ignore
« on: Friday, June 19, 2015, 08:30:52 »

Hi all,

Just letting you know I've set up @TownEndDisplays on Twitter for a place to let people know what's happening about displays home & away. I'll use this thread all season as updates, too.

Anyway, to get things started; on the 2nd June I started a GoFundMe for a giant 24 ft flag to surf over the DRS every home match. The total for a flag this size is around £450, but so far we've raised £350! So this is a great start.

On top of this Ty Belford has donated a pair of signed gloves and a pair of signed boots to be auctioned off to raise money for the displays. While Nathan Thompson has just agreed to donate some stuff in the coming week. I am going to donate 50% of the money made from selling their stuff to a charity to make it all feel a bit worthwhile.

We do have plans for the coming year. I think a few hundred streamers will be bought for the Town End for the opening game to really start the season off with a buzz. But nothing is finalised just yet.

So anyway, here a is a link for getting involved with the giant flag:

gofund.me/stfcdisplays

Swindon Town Displays. Can you help out?
http://www.gofundme.com/STFCDisplays
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Friday, June 19, 2015, 09:05:47 »

Just make sure the charity isn't the prospect hospice. Ungrateful bastards.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Friday, June 19, 2015, 09:08:58 »

More good work Jay. You'll go far young man.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Friday, June 19, 2015, 09:23:13 »

I was thinking that I'd choose something like Swindon's Needy Dogs. Pretty unknown entity and the mistreatment that goes on with dogs makes my blood boil. But that's just me. I'll probably put together a few options and let the winners decide.

More good work Jay. You'll go far young man.

Cheers, mate.

Sippo
Living in the 80s

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Friday, June 19, 2015, 09:24:57 »

Don't the club have a 'chosen' charity each year?

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Friday, June 19, 2015, 09:27:16 »

Wiltshire Air Ambulance or so perhaps ?

I come from a land down-under
Panda Paws

« Reply #6 on: Friday, June 19, 2015, 09:35:56 »

Club charity of the year is the best way to get them to back and publicise it.
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Friday, June 19, 2015, 09:37:55 »

Don't the club have a 'chosen' charity each year?

Good point. I think they're in the process of choosing one now. I'll find out who it is.

I know the point in raising money was to spend it on streamers & banners, but when we're selling player's merchandise, I think we should possibly donate some to an actual helpful cause, too.

Club charity of the year is the best way to get them to back and publicise it.

Very good point. It'll give the club a reason for raising awareness for how the displays are done. I like it!

Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #8 on: Friday, June 19, 2015, 11:31:15 »

Care to elaborate?
Sippo
Living in the 80s

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Friday, June 19, 2015, 11:42:38 »

I raised nearly £900 for them on my first tough mudder. Never received a thankyou letter or acknowledgement.

I now just get mail from them on how I can raise even more money for them.

Don't get me wrong the work they do is brilliant, and they help so many people including relatives of mine, but I don't think there as 'worse' off as they make out.

Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Friday, June 19, 2015, 11:53:17 »

Hi all,

Just letting you know I've set up @TownEndDisplays on Twitter for a place to let people know what's happening about displays home & away. I'll use this thread all season as updates, too.

Anyway, to get things started; on the 2nd June I started a GoFundMe for a giant 24 ft flag to surf over the DRS every home match. The total for a flag this size is around £450, but so far we've raised £350! So this is a great start.

On top of this Ty Belford has donated a pair of signed gloves and a pair of signed boots to be auctioned off to raise money for the displays. While Nathan Thompson has just agreed to donate some stuff in the coming week. I am going to donate 50% of the money made from selling their stuff to a charity to make it all feel a bit worthwhile.

We do have plans for the coming year. I think a few hundred streamers will be bought for the Town End for the opening game to really start the season off with a buzz. But nothing is finalised just yet.

So anyway, here a is a link for getting involved with the giant flag:

gofund.me/stfcdisplays

Have you seen if the club will donate anything - maybe a signed shirt from the new squad or match tickets etc, anything is likely to help and all the money raised is for a good cause, I know they was very helpful to me a few years ago when I was needing items for the Red Army Fund Auction, the more items you get the better and it is obviously more money.

pm me if you want any help or advice though, happy to pass on my experiences.
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Friday, June 19, 2015, 11:57:47 »

Have you seen if the club will donate anything - maybe a signed shirt from the new squad or match tickets etc, anything is likely to help and all the money raised is for a good cause, I know they was very helpful to me a few years ago when I was needing items for the Red Army Fund Auction, the more items you get the better and it is obviously more money.

pm me if you want any help or advice though, happy to pass on my experiences.

Cheers, mate. I've buzzed them an email for things that they could donate. If you have any help with how to actually organise an auction/raffle that spans both offline (around the County Ground at matches) and for the online community, that'd be great.

Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Friday, June 19, 2015, 15:52:58 »

Cheers, mate. I've buzzed them an email for things that they could donate. If you have any help with how to actually organise an auction/raffle that spans both offline (around the County Ground at matches) and for the online community, that'd be great.

I'll pm you - take it offline
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Monday, June 22, 2015, 14:11:58 »

Just getting started on ideas for a Tifo to kick the new season off v Bradford. As it's the first home game, it'll be good to keep the momentum going in regards to atmosphere. The fans definitely need a pick me up after wembley.

So it's a regular tifo using card sheets with a fabric banner underneath that the fans in the front row hold up (or I hang it up somehow so all the people in the front row need to do it push it down to reveal it.)

Something like this is only around £120 for the sheeting + the banner + paint.

Below is my first idea... I'm not too sure about the STFC in the middle but it looked a bit bare without it. Anyway, recommendations on what the banner should say underneath.

Thanks.

@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Monday, June 22, 2015, 14:17:20 »

Anyway, recommendations on what the banner should say underneath.

Thanks.

We believe you can achieve  Hmmm
Or a variation
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: