Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 2015/16 League Winners  (Read 8836 times)
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, June 10, 2015, 21:31:28 »

Arsenal
Middlesborough
Swindon Town
Portsmouth

My wishful thinking four...

Swindon Town Displays. Can you help out?
http://www.gofundme.com/STFCDisplays
EldeneRed

« Reply #16 on: Thursday, June 11, 2015, 11:29:45 »

Arsenal
Derby County
Swindon Town
Luton Town.

Call me a massive optimist, but I can see us making a return to the Prem in the next 10 years.
kerry red

« Reply #17 on: Thursday, June 11, 2015, 11:32:55 »

Stifles guffaw!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Thursday, June 11, 2015, 11:43:09 »

Stifles guffaw!

Nothing wrong with a bit of baseless optimism, if that's what keeps you going to games.....back in the dog days of 80's Div 4, I was convinced we'd reach the top flight....which we duly did.

Similarly I never thought we'd stay there, which we duly did....then we could get gates of a bit over 1500, so it really was the hardest of hardcore and STID stuff.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Thursday, June 11, 2015, 11:43:56 »

Well if Bmuff can... (yeah i know about the roubles equation)
kerry red

« Reply #20 on: Thursday, June 11, 2015, 11:48:02 »

The game has changed beyond recognition since the pre-Sky days.

Clubs such as ours cannot even dream of the PL without a very sugary daddy - if, indeed, that is what we all want.
EldeneRed

« Reply #21 on: Thursday, June 11, 2015, 11:53:59 »

The game has changed beyond recognition since the pre-Sky days.

Clubs such as ours cannot even dream of the PL without a very sugary daddy - if, indeed, that is what we all want.

This is a one of the reasons I feel optimistic, we have done very well the past couple of years with our small budget, making tweaks and improvements each season with a little more money to our name this time around.

I also like to think we instil a sense of passion and togetherness in our players and staff - Helped along even more by the passionate fans and Jay's impressive displays.

I feel like this raw passion of teamwork and support could trump finance and cash-flow.

Cheesy as Wookey Hole, I know. But what makes us fans without stuff like this?
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Thursday, June 11, 2015, 11:54:16 »

My cock's a kipper!

Is that your stake this year on us getting promotion? 
kerry red

« Reply #23 on: Thursday, June 11, 2015, 11:59:50 »

I'm keeping schtum this year.

Much too close for comfort last season!
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Thursday, June 11, 2015, 12:00:52 »

Heil Audrey
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Thursday, June 11, 2015, 12:22:50 »

Nothing wrong with a bit of baseless optimism, if that's what keeps you going to games.....back in the dog days of 80's Div 4, I was convinced we'd reach the top flight....which we duly did.

Similarly I never thought we'd stay there, which we duly did....then we could get gates of a bit over 1500, so it really was the hardest of hardcore and STID stuff.

There seems to be a thread of you being right running through all this.  Hmmm

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Thursday, June 11, 2015, 12:37:17 »

This is a one of the reasons I feel optimistic, we have done very well the past couple of years with our small budget, making tweaks and improvements each season with a little more money to our name this time around.

I also like to think we instil a sense of passion and togetherness in our players and staff - Helped along even more by the passionate fans and Jay's impressive displays.

I feel like this raw passion of teamwork and support could trump finance and cash-flow.

Cheesy as Wookey Hole, I know. But what makes us fans without stuff like this?

'kin hell- Chewbacca has an STD Eek
stfc1975

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Thursday, June 11, 2015, 12:38:34 »

Please give your predictions Reg. We will all be able to retire.

Arsenal
Middlesborough
Wigan
L Orient
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Thursday, June 11, 2015, 12:59:37 »

re

Are you Biff Tannen Reg?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Thursday, June 11, 2015, 14:29:08 »

re
Are you Biff Tannen Reg?

No.... a bit difficult to explain, but from say 63-93, I'd seen what could potentially happen at STFC. Of course a bumpy ride, but some big crowds, some good sides, meant I knew what was possible, and always believed we'd make it to the top flight. 

Then, as Audrey says it was a much more level playing field....we had every chance to be say a Watford, who up til around that time were the side we'd played most often.  Now it's much more difficult....but good to see the likes of Eldene Red still believing.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: