Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 25   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Cooper to have talks with the wendies  (Read 78235 times)
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #60 on: Monday, June 1, 2015, 11:40:41 »

I'd rather put Reg in charge. The interviews alone would be worth it.
RJack

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Monday, June 1, 2015, 11:46:32 »

Whilst Cooper has done an excellent job for us I'm not surprised to hear other clubs looking at him.  Tbh the one member of staff we don't want to lose is Luke Williams an excellent coach who has managed to get the best of some of our players.  Nathan Thompson & Louis spring to mind
Panda Paws

« Reply #62 on: Monday, June 1, 2015, 11:48:01 »

Don't think Williams wants to play bad cop, discipline players.... actually be a manager - and that's what we need. Whoever we do go for obviously needs to fit into the model - They're at best an equal part of football management team of four.
« Last Edit: Monday, June 1, 2015, 16:01:25 by Panda Paws » Logged
RJack

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Monday, June 1, 2015, 11:53:24 »

That's fair enough.  I just hope we don't lose Luke as well because I think he's done a grand job for us and a bit of an unsung hero.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #64 on: Monday, June 1, 2015, 12:04:20 »

That's fair enough.  I just hope we don't lose Luke as well because I think he's done a grand job for us and a bit of an unsung hero.
Sherwood is a known admirer of Luke Williams coaching.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Monday, June 1, 2015, 12:10:53 »

how do you know that rjack?
PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Monday, June 1, 2015, 12:12:59 »

Sherwood is a known admirer of Luke Williams coaching.

Well then, Coops to Shef U, Williams to Villa as Assistant and KMac back here for a second spell.

Sorted.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Monday, June 1, 2015, 12:16:13 »

haha nice try reg.

malpas would be better received than Appleton

I'm just trying to think of the type of man, we're going to need, giving our model.  Obviously, someone old skool isn't going to work, also we're not going to be able to afford someone with a proven track record.

Appleton is a bit unrealistic atm, as he's under contract, and I don't think we've ever paid out for an in work boss, with the possible exception of Bob Smith.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Monday, June 1, 2015, 15:14:58 »

I do find it odd though that Morshead has remained silent on this ok Flic seems to have something as he swears his info is correct, but usually Sam has been quick to poo poo ASD's transfer rumours but this time he is saying nothing.

Odd for Morshead to stay silent which does make me wonder if there is more to this story and Sam is waiting for the right to fire in there and steal ASD thunder.

the Sheff Utd co chair seems to have suggested that there will be some sort of announcement later this evening - their fans want Nigel Adkins so if they end up with Cooper they may be a tad disappointed.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Monday, June 1, 2015, 15:21:38 »

If there's one thing that Williams definitely isn't, it's unsung. Everyone raves about him, from players to supporters.

It's All Good..............
PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Monday, June 1, 2015, 15:50:40 »

the Sheff Utd co chair seems to have suggested that there will be some sort of announcement later this evening - their fans want Nigel Adkins so if they end up with Cooper they may be a tad disappointed.

Adkins down to 1/4 now and Coopers slipped to 16/1.

Bookies often wrong, but the fact that only ASD has reported this either means he's got a incredible scoop or there's nothing to it
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Monday, June 1, 2015, 15:50:47 »

The thing is, as much as I like Cooper and hoped that he would stay on, we can't have someone in charge this summer with an eye on other jobs elsewhere.

This squad rebuild is far too important for that.

If FLIC's story is true and Cooper wanted talks, he probably should leave Swindon regardless.

Perhaps I'm being harsh and/or unrealistic.
« Last Edit: Monday, June 1, 2015, 16:26:15 by Costanza » Logged
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Monday, June 1, 2015, 15:54:20 »

The thing is, as much as I like Cooper and hoped that he would stay on, we can't have someone in charge this summer with an eye on other jobs elsewhere.

This squad rebuild is far too important for that.

If FLIC's story is true and Cooper wanted talks, he probably should leave Swindon regardless.

Perhaps I'm being harsh and/or realistic.

Neither harsh nor unrealistic.
Could do one in the middle of preseason which wouldn't be the best scenario.
IF the FLIC story is true that is
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Monday, June 1, 2015, 15:56:13 »

I don't think we will know how much influence Cooper has had in his time here, till he goes.
He might have been nothing more than a puppet or he might be the brains behind the whole thing.

If he does go - I'll throw out the name Ian Culverhouse, just because I have done the last 4 or 5 times our job has come up. Excellent record as Paul Lamberts #2 working their way up from L1 to the Premiership. No idea what exactly he was sacked for at Villa mind you.

Plus he played for us and was good! Although the younger generation of fans won't have heard of him...
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Monday, June 1, 2015, 16:06:00 »

Plus he played for us and was good! Although the younger generation of fans won't have heard of him...

Outside of the old player manager template which we had in the 90's, the ex player turned manager doesn't have much to commend it.....John Trollope, Jimmy Quinn, Iffy Onuora, all achieved a relegation on their CV.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 25   Go Up
Print
Jump to: