Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 25   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Cooper to have talks with the wendies  (Read 77957 times)
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Monday, June 1, 2015, 10:06:05 »

My view on this is simple :

Coops has done a great job on the budget and lets face it none of us know what the hierarchy is and who is or is not picking the team so any comment on that is wasted effort. He is a decent chap, comes across well and but unfortunately for him it has been in the shadow of the nutsfest* that was PDC's reign.

However, do I think Cooper is the man to take us out of this league ? Probably not - he has tried, come close but no cigar.

Maybe now is the time for a change and a new face (and somebody who can get us defending) and Bring The Noise back

* Copyright Batch

This is exactly how I feel and I posted a similar comment on the inquest thread about not being sure he was the man to get us out of League 1.  Nothing really to back this up, other than a feeling and perhaps the lack of ability to change things tactically this season when required.

Financially, it would be a great move for him, but  he really would have to hit the ground running there.  As others have said, he'll get very little patience from Sheff Utd supporters if it takes a while for him to bed in.  I'm not sure they'd see it as a particularly great appointment either, so he may have to win them over from the off.  All hypothetical at the moment of course, but if he is going to leave, I'd rather it happens quickly, so we can start the rebuild.

It's certainly going to be an interesting summer again.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Monday, June 1, 2015, 10:21:55 »

with our current finances I'm not sure we need someone brought in to mount a title assault. nice if it happens mind.
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Monday, June 1, 2015, 10:55:41 »

how about Mark Warburton as a replacement?
PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Monday, June 1, 2015, 10:58:37 »

Warburton will be in demand, can't see him coming here and dancing to Powers tune.

IF He and Power think he's ready/ up to it I'd give Williams the gig, if not I'd like to see Paul Tisdale come in. He's worked with DoFs, and on limited budgets at Exeter.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Monday, June 1, 2015, 11:03:01 »

War-Burton... that fucking advert is annoying as fuck.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Monday, June 1, 2015, 11:03:41 »

He's targeted by Rangers if/when McCall is sacked
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Monday, June 1, 2015, 11:07:00 »

Warburton will be in demand, can't see him coming here and dancing to Powers tune.

IF He and Power think he's ready/ up to it I'd give Williams the gig, if not I'd like to see Paul Tisdale come in. He's worked with DoFs, and on limited budgets at Exeter.
Plus we could add a new revenue stream selling replica cravats and smoking jackets in the club shop. We'd all look like Noel Coward impersonators in the stands.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Monday, June 1, 2015, 11:11:01 »

I thought we hated Tisdale - or am I not keeping up!
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Monday, June 1, 2015, 11:12:05 »

I would be sad to see Cooper go. He's done an excellent job here on limited resources and with a fanbase that hasnt been very supportive of him overall.

However I do question the impact he would have at Brammall Lane, without the influence of Power and Williams.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Monday, June 1, 2015, 11:12:30 »

I was hoping that Rambo would get the gig, assuming that QPR wouldn't fancy him after relegation.

Appleton, might fit the bill.  The Scummers don't rate him as they're used to hoofball, and Appleton likes playing out from the back....
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Monday, June 1, 2015, 11:14:46 »

Appleton, might fit the bill.  The Scummers don't rate him as they're used to hoofball, and Appleton likes playing out from the back....

Oohh you are a little Troll Smeeton!  Girl Giggle
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Monday, June 1, 2015, 11:14:57 »

Troll alert, troll alert.

Nobody could seriously suggest that serial football failure as an alternative. And that's without his Oxford connections being taken into account.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Monday, June 1, 2015, 11:20:38 »

Troll alert, troll alert.

Nobody could seriously suggest that serial football failure as an alternative. And that's without his Oxford connections being taken into account.

The key is it will have to be someone, willing to fit into Power's input, which appears to be outlining a style of play and a very large say in transfers......so he basically wants a coach, with some managerial qualities.  Appleton managed to keep the Scum in the FL this season, no small achievement. 
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Monday, June 1, 2015, 11:22:10 »

Fucking hell Reg, you're starting early this summer
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Monday, June 1, 2015, 11:30:51 »

haha nice try reg.

malpas would be better received than Appleton