Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Cooper to have talks with the wendies  (Read 77942 times)
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #345 on: Wednesday, June 24, 2015, 16:00:58 »

The last Swindon boss to leave us for Wendies, didn't last long, and he was a much better operator than Cooper.  I'm not expecting Cooper to last long.

Fans baying for his blood by xmas if they are not doing well.
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #346 on: Wednesday, June 24, 2015, 16:54:09 »

I know that and you know that, but some club's fans, can't help themselves.  Take Oxford for example, they've been in Div 4 or non league for at least the last 15 years, and non league for the majority of Headington's history, yet a short top flight spell on the back of Maxwell's corrruption, means they think that's where they belong.
To be fair most Town fans think like this too.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #347 on: Wednesday, June 24, 2015, 18:08:19 »

I don't, I hope they root in non league

Wink
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #348 on: Wednesday, June 24, 2015, 19:09:26 »

The last Swindon boss to leave us for Wendies, didn't last long, and he was a much better operator than Cooper.  I'm not expecting Cooper to last long.
And nor did the one before that, another Danny W (if my mind isn't playing tricks with me)
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #349 on: Wednesday, June 24, 2015, 19:11:59 »

Weren't Sheff Weds supposed to be making an announcement this afternoon?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #350 on: Wednesday, June 24, 2015, 19:16:12 »

And nor did the one before that, another Danny W (if my mind isn't playing tricks with me)

There would have been a certain symmetry, but Danny Wilson got the Blades after us....his Wendies stint was PdC days.

Paul Sturrock was one of their more successful recent managers, but he left us for Plymuff.

It was the great Danny Williams....
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #351 on: Wednesday, June 24, 2015, 19:33:46 »

Danny Williams was a class manager and a class person. He was brilliant at finding little gems and polishing them up.
kerry red

« Reply #352 on: Wednesday, June 24, 2015, 19:49:24 »

John Smith being one such
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #353 on: Wednesday, June 24, 2015, 19:50:37 »

Ray McHale being another
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #354 on: Wednesday, June 24, 2015, 20:49:24 »

A certain unemployed manager on the south coast could be looking at an advisory role I hear with Williams as Head Coach...  Hmmm

Said man had this to say today:

"I wouldn't just take a job anywhere, you know, just for the sake of a few quid. If there was an interesting project, then definitely. I don't feel old, I'm as sharp as ever. I would love to work with a young and upcoming coach somewhere and give him some experience.

Hmmm
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #355 on: Wednesday, June 24, 2015, 20:51:52 »

He means bumming I reckon.
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #356 on: Wednesday, June 24, 2015, 21:08:46 »

He means bumming I reckon.
Or brown enveloping...or is that the same thing?
cdakev

Ignore
« Reply #357 on: Thursday, June 25, 2015, 10:34:00 »

Maybe Cooper is not going after all and he is in talks with Power. Maybe Power has offered to double his salary to £20 per week !
SwfcFanInPeace

Ignore
« Reply #358 on: Thursday, June 25, 2015, 22:23:38 »

Hi guys as a SWFC fan I come in peace. All gone strangely quiet this situation hasn't it, none of our supporters know what is going on any more. We've been talking to Cooper for well over a week now, if he wanted to come you'd have thought it would have happened by now. All seems very quiet in this thread all of a sudden, are you all just resigned to Cooper coming or are you not sure what is going on either? We need to get this sorted soon for the best for both our clubs, an ongoing saga is not helping going into pre season soon.

If Cooper doesn't want to come here we should move on quickly and look elsewhere, though who knows maybe that has already started to happen. We will find out very soon surely.

If he does join us I wish you guys all the best next year. Go get Di Canio, he'll be ready to jump back into a job after how it went at Sunderland, could definitely get you up next season.

PS please don't call us Wendies, Wednesday or even Sheff Wed would do  Smiley . Sheffield is ok too I guess, after all there is only one proper team in Sheffield (as you guys proved!).
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #359 on: Thursday, June 25, 2015, 22:30:16 »

are you all just resigned to Cooper coming or are you not sure what is going on either?

Both. The club (STFC) has been pretty quiet on an offcial PR capacity since our Wembley disaster, so I doubt it'll all be cleared up by them. The local press seem fairly happy that it was going to happen, and that there had been a falling out between Cooper and those above/sideways/below him, so there must be a stumbling block somewhere (compensation?)
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25   Go Up
Print
Jump to: