Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Cooper to have talks with the wendies  (Read 79111 times)
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #330 on: Wednesday, June 24, 2015, 10:12:17 »

Also the Power/Cooper relationship has broken down completely so he wants out

How do you know this?

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #331 on: Wednesday, June 24, 2015, 10:30:59 »

Its been mentioned by some members of the press.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #332 on: Wednesday, June 24, 2015, 10:51:37 »

If the relationship has genuinely broken down, he's clearly going, so bloody well go and let us move on.  It's been rumbling on for too long now.

FWIW, he's done a good job, but I don't think he would have ever taken us out of League 1 .  Nothing to base that on other than my own feeling and lack of ability to change things when required/against certain teams.  It may be no different with the next man in charge either if as some are alluding to, the decisions were never down to Cooper.  We shall see.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #333 on: Wednesday, June 24, 2015, 11:10:31 »

Well if that's true, Power will be delighted to be compensated for losing him. As long as Power's at the helm, the project's intact. I'm not overly worried.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
SuperBosnian

« Reply #334 on: Wednesday, June 24, 2015, 13:02:43 »

I still don't buy into this 'Williams is the cause of our success, Cooper is just a frontman' talk.
It's a shame that when we do finally have a half decent manager, fans see fit to belittle him
Totally agree.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #335 on: Wednesday, June 24, 2015, 14:40:40 »

Totally agree.
And me. Cooper's done a decent job and deserves more credit than he's getting
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #336 on: Wednesday, June 24, 2015, 14:49:36 »

And me. Cooper's done a decent job and deserves more credit than he's getting

The last Swindon boss to leave us for Wendies, didn't last long, and he was a much better operator than Cooper.  I'm not expecting Cooper to last long.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #337 on: Wednesday, June 24, 2015, 14:50:26 »

The last Swindon boss to leave us for Wendies, didn't last long, and he was a much better operator than Cooper.  I'm not expecting Cooper to last long.
You surprise me Reg. You're normally such a cheery bundle of optimism with a sunny outlook on life Smiley
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #338 on: Wednesday, June 24, 2015, 14:52:03 »

No one did here to be fair. I reckon he'll do well there.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #339 on: Wednesday, June 24, 2015, 14:59:20 »

No one did here to be fair. I reckon he'll do well there.

On what basis....Wendies will be expecting Prem football by season's end, or at least a decent crack at it.  Very different to expectations here.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #340 on: Wednesday, June 24, 2015, 15:02:23 »

Budget, type of football he advocates will suit championship better for 2
kerry red

« Reply #341 on: Wednesday, June 24, 2015, 15:07:10 »

How can this saga be taking so long?

They  want him, we have no objections, he wants to go, compo shouldn't really be a problem.

If they aint going to piss, get off the pot!
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #342 on: Wednesday, June 24, 2015, 15:25:25 »

On what basis....Wendies will be expecting Prem football by season's end, or at least a decent crack at it.  Very different to expectations here.
And from what I can gather from their forums, I don't think the appointment of Cooper and the foreign bloke is going to be a popular one. It is therefore reasonable to assume, because it is the nature of football fans in these situations, that they will be on their backs as soon as things start to go against them.
adder

Ignore
« Reply #343 on: Wednesday, June 24, 2015, 15:48:10 »

But it's 15 years since they went down from the Prem, since when they've never got anywhere near the 2nd tier playoffs and have had 2 spells in the third tier.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #344 on: Wednesday, June 24, 2015, 15:59:27 »

But it's 15 years since they went down from the Prem, since when they've never got anywhere near the 2nd tier playoffs and have had 2 spells in the third tier.

I know that and you know that, but some club's fans, can't help themselves.  Take Oxford for example, they've been in Div 4 or non league for at least the last 15 years, and non league for the majority of Headington's history, yet a short top flight spell on the back of Maxwell's corrruption, means they think that's where they belong.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25   Go Up
Print
Jump to: