Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 25   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Cooper to have talks with the wendies  (Read 77953 times)
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Monday, June 1, 2015, 07:26:57 »

If he does go, I wouldn't be surprised to see Ricketts appointed as player/manager/coach. If not him then someone who was worked with a DOF, Tisdsle?
I'm strangely relaxed about the whole thing, despite watching a promotion chasing team ripped apart including what now looks like the manager.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #31 on: Monday, June 1, 2015, 07:27:11 »

Whatever happens I trust Power to get it right again.
brocklesby red

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Monday, June 1, 2015, 08:10:58 »

No mention of Mark Cooper on the Sheff utd forums so hope it's all just bollocks. I like Mark Coopers laid back style although I appreciate it may annoy others. Hopefully,some news of in comings this week and not just outgoing
kaufman

« Reply #33 on: Monday, June 1, 2015, 08:15:35 »

No mention of Mark Cooper on the Sheff utd forums so hope it's all just bollocks. I like Mark Coopers laid back style although I appreciate it may annoy others. Hopefully,some news of in comings this week and not just outgoing

http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=463&fid=221&sty=2&act=1&mid=2109995158

Interesting point about him be able to work alongside Chris Morgan. That could swing it for him
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Monday, June 1, 2015, 08:22:40 »

They picked it up off here, I call bollocks to this story (at the moment anyway)
kaufman

« Reply #35 on: Monday, June 1, 2015, 08:29:30 »

Okay, fair enough.
I call truth to this story (at the moment anyway)

ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Monday, June 1, 2015, 08:30:09 »

My concern is that Cooper will know our summer targets.

Not such an issue with potential loanees, but if there are some Gladwin/ Kasim style rough diamonds in the mix, what's to stop him poaching them for Shef U, who will be able  and willing to pay more even if it's on a 'punt'
If he were to go Blades would want instant success - won't be prepared to take time to develop players.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Monday, June 1, 2015, 08:33:34 »

Just been chatting to a friend who lives in Rotherham but supports the Blades, he has not heard this and reckons they are after Nigel Adkins or the guy from the Franchise!
GL5 Arkells Stand

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Monday, June 1, 2015, 08:35:46 »

If he goes there, he'll be under pressure from the off - no developing players, no being given time to get it right - and Sheffield United have currently got very similar defensive problems to ours, with no central defenders who are able to head the ball.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #39 on: Monday, June 1, 2015, 08:56:15 »

No smoke without fire.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Monday, June 1, 2015, 08:57:46 »

My view on this is simple :

Coops has done a great job on the budget and lets face it none of us know what the hierarchy is and who is or is not picking the team so any comment on that is wasted effort. He is a decent chap, comes across well and but unfortunately for him it has been in the shadow of the nutsfest* that was PDC's reign.

However, do I think Cooper is the man to take us out of this league ? Probably not - he has tried, come close but no cigar.

Maybe now is the time for a change and a new face (and somebody who can get us defending) and Bring The Noise back

* Copyright Batch
lambourn red

« Reply #41 on: Monday, June 1, 2015, 09:07:54 »

My concern is that Cooper will know our summer targets.

Not such an issue with potential loanees, but if there are some Gladwin/ Kasim style rough diamonds in the mix, what's to stop him poaching them for Shef U, who will be able  and willing to pay more even if it's on a 'punt'
I think Power is cuter than that I think he is in total control of the transfer dealings and would not be surprised if Cooper does not know as much as he thinks he does of potential  rough diamonds.
If Coops does go he is going to be under massive pressure at Bramall Lane as they are red hot favourites for next season in what looks like an even weaker league to this year .I would be surprised if he did get the job but I would imagine he will be a cheap option for them as I cant imagine he is on a great amount at STFC
PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Monday, June 1, 2015, 09:18:42 »

It’s interesting that, for the man who has taken us to our highest league finish in 15 years, his potential departure is being met with a shrug  by most on here.

Says a lot about our system, or at least how we perceive it to work. It will be interesting to see how we do without him, Power thinks we can stay competitive with a huge turnover of players each year (and, to be fair, so far he’s been proven right). Can we stay competitive with the same turn over in coaching staff.

I hope so, being less reliant on an individual manager, when the average tenure is less than 2 years, can only be a good thing.

Incidentally I wouldn’t blame him for going, his stock is high at the moment and with a practically a whole new squad for next year, there’s no guarantee he’ll be as well thought of in 12 months time, and even if he is, a job as big as Shef U may not be available then.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Monday, June 1, 2015, 09:26:49 »

Quote from: suttonred
They picked it up off here, I call bollocks to this story (at the moment anyway)

as ASD said, he originally wasn't in their top 3 candidates. could see him being on the list though, so not inconceivable they failed with their top 3.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Monday, June 1, 2015, 09:50:03 »

Would be more concerned if we didn't have Power, as he is so involved in player recruitment.

Would say that it's better to get it sorted quickly though, think it would help with getting players in if they knew who was going to be the coach/manager

As for Cooper I'm firmly in the done a good job camp, but managers seem to come & go so quickly now that it's hard to get too attached to them
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 25   Go Up
Print
Jump to: