Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 25   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Cooper to have talks with the wendies  (Read 77798 times)
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Sunday, May 31, 2015, 22:41:28 »

Playoff finalists with a load of kids on a shoestring and the majority on here will be pleased to see the back of him. I love this forum.

The fact is we have had some fantastic talent through our doors and the transfer fees and interest is evident in this, no one else in our league has been commanding fees anywhere near what we look to be getting. The team has been built by power, players have openly said Williams is one of the best coaches they have ever worked with. I don't mind keeping cooper and he has done well but this success isn't down to the manager making them perform way above their ability

Would I fancy cooper if we were in a relegation battle? Not in a million years.
« Last Edit: Sunday, May 31, 2015, 22:43:07 by singingiiiffy » Logged
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Monday, June 1, 2015, 04:36:37 »

The team has been built by power, players have openly said Williams is one of the best coaches they have ever worked with. I don't mind keeping cooper and he has done well but this success isn't down to the manager making them perform way above their ability

Exactly.

If Cooper were to go, would have no worries about us replacing him with someone just as good if not better. Be that Williams as Head Coach with a new assistant.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Monday, June 1, 2015, 05:25:32 »

He'll be gone.
kerry red

« Reply #18 on: Monday, June 1, 2015, 06:04:14 »

The/a big question is, if Cooper leaves does Luke Williams go with him?
I did moot this a while ago from what I was told.

Williams to remain coach with a DoF.
« Last Edit: Monday, June 1, 2015, 06:12:15 by Audrey » Logged
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Monday, June 1, 2015, 06:31:29 »

Playoff finalists with a load of kids on a shoestring and the majority on here will be pleased to see the back of him. I love this forum.
Absolutely nobody has said they would be pleased to see the back of him.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Monday, June 1, 2015, 06:34:42 »

Didn't think Cooper should have got the job when he did. He definitely won me around with his (sometimes too) calm talking and a good season.

Bit worried that even if you believe its Power/Williams doing it behind the scenes that
  i) Its damaged our stock with other teams re:loans. If Sheff U believed that it was Power/Williams they wouldn't be talking to him (unless William IS off too) why wouldn't other teams (Villa/QPR/Norwich aside!).
  ii) There are no guarantees Williamss could step into the spotlight.

Mind you, don't blame Cooper. A much bigger club is knocking, the team is being destroyed, and pulling shit like forced playing of Agombar* and resting players* to such extremes would piss off anyone.

*educated guesswork.

Bit worry/gutting that a successful formula is being tinkered with.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Monday, June 1, 2015, 07:17:18 »

John Gorman used to get loads of credit from the players and was considered a very good coach.....

It's All Good..............
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Monday, June 1, 2015, 07:19:14 »

John Gorman used to get loads of credit from the players and was considered a very good coach.....

And we know how well that worked out

Hoddle obv thought a lot of him as took him everywhere inc England
Barry Scott

« Reply #23 on: Monday, June 1, 2015, 07:20:17 »

I'd be gutted if he left, but can't say I blame him. It's also funny how many refuse to give him any credit whatsoever. I love how many think that it's Williams pulling the strings with no proof at all; the mind boggles at how little credit people want to give him.

I guess we'll see how he does elsewhere, but he'll be a massive loss in my opinion.
PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Monday, June 1, 2015, 07:20:37 »

Yes but the problem Gorman had from the off wasn't just that he was taking over, but that he was taking over a team that had lost most of it's stand out players post a Wembley appearance....oh
PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Monday, June 1, 2015, 07:23:19 »

My concern is that Cooper will know our summer targets.

Not such an issue with potential loanees, but if there are some Gladwin/ Kasim style rough diamonds in the mix, what's to stop him poaching them for Shef U, who will be able  and willing to pay more even if it's on a 'punt'
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Monday, June 1, 2015, 07:24:40 »

I'd be gutted if he left, but can't say I blame him. It's also funny how many refuse to give him any credit whatsoever. I love how many think that it's Williams pulling the strings with no proof at all; the mind boggles at how little credit people want to give him.
I don't think people do think it's Williams pulling the strings, the common narrative seems to be it's Power pulling the strings, Williams doing the coaching and that leaves Cooper .. fronting up to the press and leaning against the dugout on matchdays? I agree that gives him far too little credit, equally he's not done it all on his own. The 3 of them - Power, Cooper and Williams - have proven to be a very effective team, and pulling that kind of unit apart to bet on the bits that you reckon really make it tick is a risky business. Sometimes it isn't any one component but the whole is greater than the sum of it's parts etc...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Monday, June 1, 2015, 07:25:17 »

I love how many think that it's Williams pulling the strings with no proof at all;

Bloody hope they are right if Cooper leaves, I think. Agombar got a game so maybe its not all good.
Islington Red

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Monday, June 1, 2015, 07:26:18 »

Neil Redfearn would be a good choice as would Warbuton but I don't think that is realistic
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Monday, June 1, 2015, 07:26:36 »

pulling that kind of unit apart to bet on the bits that you reckon really make it tick is a risky business. Sometimes it isn't any one component but the whole is greater than the sum of it's parts etc...

Exactly.

Oh and still reckon Sheff U ditching Clough a day after Wembley isn't coincidence.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 25   Go Up
Print
Jump to: