Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The talking about transfer rumours, but not actual transfer rumours thread  (Read 2750 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« on: Thursday, May 28, 2015, 22:15:46 »

Can we keep this a thread about transfer rumours please? It's easy enough to start a new thread if needed.

Soooo:

Quote from: Ells
Yaser, it's yaser Smiley

It just surprises me that people are concerned when this has been so predictable. Yes, I did think there was a possibility Gladwin would be off. Luongo we knew, Wes we know, Williams we know is also likely. The loan players - obviously they're going back. Smith - to me anyway - sounds more like an "offer that's too good to refuse" rather than actively touting for him to be sold.

If other key players are sold I think it'll be much the same. I doubt power actively wants to dismantle the entire squad but we are no position to cling on to players at any cost, so they may well go if the offer is right. It's less "getting rid of our best players" and more "if the offer is right, let's get rid early so we can work on bringing in some replacements." And whatever you think of the current regime I'm pretty sure those replacements have been considered far before now.
What's an extra S amongst friends.

The flip side to starting again is that it does increase risk of getting it wrong. If he genuinely has offers that are too good to turn down, then yes we are a selling club. As is pretty much every other club.

Meh, maybe he'll bring in Messi tomorrow and it'll all be forgotten.
« Last Edit: Thursday, May 28, 2015, 22:18:18 by Batch » Logged
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Friday, May 29, 2015, 11:00:46 »

Shouldn't that be Mesi?

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Friday, May 29, 2015, 11:17:29 »

Shouldn't that be Mesi?

You utter git, I had to double check..It's Messy

Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Friday, May 29, 2015, 14:55:01 »

What's an S among friends Cheesy

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: