Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: FIFA  (Read 56135 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #270 on: Monday, July 20, 2015, 14:22:58 »

Ledge: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/sepp-blatter/11751156/Sepp-Blatter-showered-with-banknotes-as-prankster-Lee-Nelson-storms-Fifa-press-conference.html
SuggWillSugg MBE

Ignore
« Reply #271 on: Monday, July 20, 2015, 14:30:13 »

I think Tans's tweet summed up my feelings on this very well.
https://twitter.com/tansstfc1983/status/623134538252873728

Flashheart

« Reply #272 on: Monday, July 20, 2015, 14:35:30 »

Yarp, I'll go along with that
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #273 on: Monday, July 20, 2015, 15:41:03 »

Yep, although for that image I might forgive the entire Lee Nelson opus.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #274 on: Wednesday, July 29, 2015, 11:29:45 »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33700638

Don't worry, things are in safe hands now....
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #275 on: Thursday, July 30, 2015, 12:32:15 »

So the FA have put their weight behind Mr UEFA - the one that is on Sepp's exec committee, the one that voted for Qatar, the one that was apparently convinced to vote for Qatar by the French government after a trade deal, the one that has been part of the inner sanctum of Fifa for years.

Who did the FA consult on who to back ? would it not be worth waiting and seeing who else stands ?

Something smells (again)

It is about time the man in charge of Fifa was independent of world football and open to governance and given a blank sheet of paper to set Fifa up from scratch and weed out the corrupt ones that are left - get rid of the old guard
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #276 on: Thursday, July 30, 2015, 15:38:13 »

So the FA have put their weight behind Mr UEFA - the one that is on Sepp's exec committee, the one that voted for Qatar, the one that was apparently convinced to vote for Qatar by the French government after a trade deal, the one that has been part of the inner sanctum of Fifa for years.

Who did the FA consult on who to back ? would it not be worth waiting and seeing who else stands ?

Something smells (again)

It is about time the man in charge of Fifa was independent of world football and open to governance and given a blank sheet of paper to set Fifa up from scratch and weed out the corrupt ones that are left - get rid of the old guard

All of which goes to show the only difference between FA corruption and FIFA corruption is perhaps scale. The French wanted to flog arms to Qatar....these along with Saudi equipment are either used to oppress, or find their way to Daesh, which tends to lead the sort of crisis we're currently seeing at Calais.

I wonder what deal the FA have stitched up with Platini?
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #277 on: Thursday, July 30, 2015, 16:11:55 »

You mean the one who's son became legal advisor in January of 2012 for the European operations department of a rather large and wealthy corporation: Qatar Sports Investments.....?

The one who thinks that because he was "transparent", by openly stating that he voted for Qatar, it clears him of any accusations of corruption that might go his way. This, despite admitting that Sarkozy, the French president at the time, had told him over lunch that “it would be a good thing if I did it” — that is, vote for Qatar. But, of course, this didn’t mean the president had specifically asked him to do so, as he knew “that I am free and independent.”

Just a coincidence that the year following the vote the Qataris bought PSG, who just happen to be the favourite team of Sarkozy, (incidentally, the first head of state to make an official visit to the Élysée palace after Nicolas Sarkozy’s election to the presidency in 2007 was none other than Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani. Following that meeting Qatar bought £208m worth of defence equipment from France as well as a fleet of sixty Airbus 350s).

jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #278 on: Thursday, July 30, 2015, 16:54:17 »

What an incredible string of coincidences
Skinny Pete

« Reply #279 on: Thursday, July 30, 2015, 17:04:58 »

Any organisation where there is money is involved is, to some degree, corrupt. Human nature, I'm afraid.

Even our very own Kids' League turned people into thieves.

Everyone's at it and if we're all totally honest if we were in a position to benefit ourselves somehow, however small, we probably would.

Cue outrage!
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #280 on: Thursday, July 30, 2015, 17:37:17 »

Pretty sure most people fall short of bribery, fraud and stealing from children.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #281 on: Friday, September 25, 2015, 17:20:22 »

Bye bye Blatter, and maybe taking Platini with him? :

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-34363289

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #282 on: Friday, September 25, 2015, 19:24:05 »

Let's hope so.....but I reckon Platini will be Blatter's replacement. The amazing thing is that he (Platini) maintains that he's innocent of any corruption. Bent as a butcher's hook like the rest of them.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #283 on: Friday, September 25, 2015, 19:39:16 »

Let's hope so.....but I reckon Platini will be Blatter's replacement. The amazing thing is that he (Platini) maintains that he's innocent of any corruption. Bent as a butcher's hook like the rest of them.

Platini is bent like the rest of them. 2 million Swiss francs for 'work' for FIFA, whilst UEFA President...yeah, right !! If you were being cynical, with this payment being made months after the 2018/2022 WC decisions, you would wonder if this was Platini's pay-off.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #284 on: Friday, September 25, 2015, 19:47:04 »

Platini looks like a nonce
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20   Go Up
Print
Jump to: