Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 20   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: FIFA  (Read 57224 times)
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: Friday, June 5, 2015, 09:56:45 »

Along with the 5 million Euros came an NDA so they couldn't.  It just goes to show that the corruption does not just stop at FIFA level.  The only way they could go public was by turning down the money and continuing with the court case, but their greed got the better of them.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
BruceChatwin

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: Friday, June 5, 2015, 09:58:06 »

Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: Friday, June 5, 2015, 10:15:08 »

Must be squeaky bum time for all involved in the making of this unfortunately timed pile of shite. More money spent in the wrong direction - FIFA really did live in its own self-congratulatory little bubble, didn't it.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sűr ŕ propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: Friday, June 5, 2015, 10:23:41 »

I don't really view what the FIA did as corrupt, just immoral in regards to cheating their fans really.

Taking money as an out of court settlement is fine, and to be fair to Fifa, can you imagine the state of football if the FIA took it on and won.

to be fair, we did the same in order to get reinstated to division 2 didn't we - OK not money, but something in return for not taking court action.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: Friday, June 5, 2015, 14:50:42 »

To be fair, our board was probably just as corrupt as the FIA back then..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: Friday, June 5, 2015, 15:22:23 »

To be fair, our board was probably just as corrupt as the FIA back then..

Our board back then probably taught FIFA a thing or two Cool
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: Friday, June 5, 2015, 19:19:46 »

Many missed it but we could argue that a Henri-like handball by Jonathan Douglas cost us a Wembley final in the PO semi at the CG v Brentford

What is it about the Irish and the myth that this particular unspotted handball should lead to an extra place being made available for them in the WC in South Africa or that the match should somehow be replayed after judicial appeal.

Rage please but grow a pair, no handball incidents in matches are EVER reviewed in Court leading to a replay or changed result, for heavens sake and certainly nothing like our demotion for illegal payments

Clear corruption or mentalism by Delaney and the FAI - and of course by FIFA
« Last Edit: Friday, June 5, 2015, 19:37:27 by RedRag » Logged
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: Friday, June 5, 2015, 20:20:26 »

Along with the 5 million Euros came an NDA so they couldn't.  It just goes to show that the corruption does not just stop at FIFA level.  The only way they could go public was by turning down the money and continuing with the court case, but their greed got the better of them.

Can sort of understand the quandary, shut up or take on Fifa in court, would only be one winner. It's taken the whole of the US secret service, the most powerful organisation on the planet to actually start the ball rolling to bring the sods to their knees.
OrangeTransits

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: Saturday, June 6, 2015, 11:13:44 »

Can sort of understand the quandary, shut up or take on Fifa in court, would only be one winner. It's taken the whole of the US secret service, the most powerful organisation on the planet to actually start the ball rolling to bring the sods to their knees.

Lets not forget Andrew Jennings dogged contribution. 3 Decades and a few books. The ball started rolling with him really. I'm shocked he hasn't been found dead in mysterious circumstances TBH. Has been a constant pest to FIFA. Most had him labelled as some demented mad man only for everything he has been saying for years to come out as the actual truth.

You'll never take the Townend !!!!!!
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: Saturday, June 6, 2015, 12:08:32 »

If the Irish didn't accept the money they wouldn't have had to accept the NDA. Fans robbed again.

Time for a revolution in the sport, from the top down. Including the disgusting way the tv money ends up in the pockets of the rich at the expense of the fans. Players earning thousands of pounds a week is immoral.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: Saturday, June 6, 2015, 13:11:19 »

True, good point well put

singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: Saturday, June 6, 2015, 15:53:46 »

If the Irish didn't accept the money they wouldn't have had to accept the NDA. Fans robbed again.

Time for a revolution in the sport, from the top down. Including the disgusting way the tv money ends up in the pockets of the rich at the expense of the fans. Players earning thousands of pounds a week is immoral.

I never under stand comments like this. Players that have talent, dedicate their life to the sport and finish early thirties deserve all they get. Is it immoral that film stars get paid millions? So many examples can be used. There is enough money in football to pay players thousands a week and make tickets cheaper for fans. Not in the lower leagues but the argument should be distribution of wealth in football not what players deserve to get
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: Saturday, June 6, 2015, 18:45:59 »

Players don't deserve to earn hundreds of thousands of pounds at all. Find it wrong that there's uproar about politicians possibly getting a pay rise when someone like Sterling will shortly sign a contract worth millions.

I'm out as far as football's concerned fed up of supporting a sport where the powers that be have no interest in the people that keep the game going.
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: Monday, June 8, 2015, 07:34:06 »

Lets not forget Andrew Jennings dogged contribution. 3 Decades and a few books. The ball started rolling with him really. I'm shocked he hasn't been found dead in mysterious circumstances TBH. Has been a constant pest to FIFA. Most had him labelled as some demented mad man only for everything he has been saying for years to come out as the actual truth.

Andrew Jennings- The David Walsh of the FIFA debacle?
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: Monday, June 8, 2015, 07:39:37 »

It was actually started by David Yallop with his book 'How They Stole The Game', about how The Sun King Havelange 'bought' his presidency, and how Blatter was made his heir. Jennings wrote 'Foul !', and there has just been another book on how the Qataris bought the World Cup by the journalists who wrote the articles in the last year.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 20   Go Up
Print
Jump to: