Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 20   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: FIFA  (Read 56296 times)
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Thursday, May 28, 2015, 14:15:19 »

I do like the description of Andrew Jennings as a 'veteran Blatter-botherer'

Well if you read his blog from 2 years ago, about what he told the FBI, they were all the names that were arrested yesterday :

https://transparencyinsportblog.wordpress.com/2013/03/27/what-i-told-the-fbi-about-the-fifa-crooks/

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Wilf Shergold

« Reply #46 on: Thursday, May 28, 2015, 14:34:14 »

I don't know what I'd prefer: a totally cleaned up FIFA caring for football around the world as a true independent body (some hope...) or the big 4 leagues - Prem, Germany, Italy, Spain - setting up their own version of FIFA, 'inviting' the smaller nations to compete in their version of the World Cup, Euros etc. All controlled by the big 30 or so clubs with all the money.

I mean, would we really want Abramovich (current interest-free loans to Chelsea now over the £1billion mark) and his like ruling the roost over world football? With relegation from the top leagues stopped as in US sport?

Both scenarios leave me cold.
Barry Scott

« Reply #47 on: Thursday, May 28, 2015, 14:39:19 »

But why are they the only 2 scenarios? The second is pretty laughable.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Thursday, May 28, 2015, 15:01:46 »

I don't know what I'd prefer: a totally cleaned up FIFA caring for football around the world as a true independent body (some hope...) or the big 4 leagues - Prem, Germany, Italy, Spain - setting up their own version of FIFA, 'inviting' the smaller nations to compete in their version of the World Cup, Euros etc. All controlled by the big 30 or so clubs with all the money.

I mean, would we really want Abramovich (current interest-free loans to Chelsea now over the £1billion mark) and his like ruling the roost over world football? With relegation from the top leagues stopped as in US sport?

Both scenarios leave me cold.

UEFA haven't shown any interest in breaking away and the leagues themselves have shown even less interest.

The dropping of relegation is never going to happen, don't think there has ever been a realistic suggestion for it to happen and it won't as it would destroy the leagues that implement it. Just people scaremongering.
Flashheart

« Reply #49 on: Thursday, May 28, 2015, 22:42:04 »

Putin sticking up for Blatter.....

There's just no PR team behind it, is there?
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Friday, May 29, 2015, 08:11:58 »

Putin sticking up for Blatter.....

There's just no PR team behind it, is there?

You know you're in trouble if Putin's backing you up.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #51 on: Friday, May 29, 2015, 08:34:50 »

Putin sticking up for Blatter because 'the Americans want to stop Russia from holding the world cup'. Completely ignoring the fact it's a Swiss investigation into 2018.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Friday, May 29, 2015, 08:39:19 »

So why do so many countries still support Blatter?

I'm guessing part of it is him giving more to the smaller (i.e. non-UEFA) members than they could reasonably expect. I can't believe it is all down to bribes and back handers.

Given that UEFA is the bulk of the money behind football the rest of the world gets more than their fair share of the money, hosts more World Cups than they should, get more places at the World Cup than the rankings say they should get and so on.

Interesting that UEFA now seem to be talking about a major toy throwing exercise if Blatter is elected, apparently withdrawing from FIFA is a possibility or boycotting the World Cup.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Friday, May 29, 2015, 08:57:14 »

UEFA will fold.

should not be a surprise that corrupt nations aren't that bothered about corruption in football. especially as they get the most out of it if it continues.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Friday, May 29, 2015, 09:27:34 »

I did chuckle when the Nigerian representative was giving Blatter his full backing on the radio this morning.

Blatter's position has become completely untenable. Even if he didn't know anything about the level of corruption (yeah, right) it happened on his watch and he has to go.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Friday, May 29, 2015, 10:20:00 »

I'm guessing part of it is him giving more to the smaller (i.e. non-UEFA) members than they could reasonably expect. I can't believe it is all down to bribes and back handers.

Given that UEFA is the bulk of the money behind football the rest of the world gets more than their fair share of the money, hosts more World Cups than they should, get more places at the World Cup than the rankings say they should get and so on.

Interesting that UEFA now seem to be talking about a major toy throwing exercise if Blatter is elected, apparently withdrawing from FIFA is a possibility or boycotting the World Cup.

Blatter is regarded as hero in many parts of the world....he's been responsible for the creation of all sorts of facilities, in places like Africa, they don't mind that he's a corrupt old fart, because at least they get something....which didn't happen before.

There is zero chance of UEFA doing anything as Platini, learnt at Blatter side.  He's panicking as he is up to his neck in the Qatar bid.

I do think if the suits at the  FA, did the right thing and unilaterally withdrew from FIFA, then there'd be overwhelming support from English fans.....but they won't as they're at best hypocritical, and at worst complicit.

Not sure about the Swiss investigation.....companies and organisations like FIFA, don't just pitch up in Switzerland for the cheese, turning a blind eye is the modus operandi of the Swiss authorities, so I'd be very surprised to see anything with teeth here.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Friday, May 29, 2015, 10:36:05 »

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/may/28/sepp-blatter-fifa-africa-zambia

Decent article on exactly that!
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Friday, May 29, 2015, 10:41:59 »

This scenario sounds remarkably like the Division One giants wanting to keep more of the dosh and peeling off to form the Premier League, leaving the lower-league clubs to fight over the scraps. If this were the whole story, Blatter should be our hero.

But it isn't, and he isn't.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Friday, May 29, 2015, 11:12:04 »

Apparently now been a bomb threat....
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Friday, May 29, 2015, 13:12:37 »

Greg Dykes quote did sound rather ominous..

Quote from: cunt talking about a worse cunt
Blatter has to go. He either has to go through a resignation, or he has to be out-voted, or we have to find a third way.

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 20   Go Up
Print
Jump to: