Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: FIFA  (Read 56359 times)
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: Sunday, July 5, 2015, 08:04:45 »

If you cant see why people are pissed off at you then it's pointless trying to explain. If anyone went full retard you did.
Only Me

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: Sunday, July 5, 2015, 08:20:21 »

Grow up. I've never banned anyone you tool
Yet
BruceChatwin

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: Sunday, July 5, 2015, 08:25:45 »

Calling people 'cunt' and 'retard' is not exactly the model of enlightenment either.
inept and tiresome

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: Sunday, July 5, 2015, 09:00:03 »

You're a cunt. Any more racism and you're banned, I'm fucking sick of it.
Hmm another nail in the coffin of free speech.
Aptly executed by the joyless Jay.
Such a shame.
Have you ever thought of stepping down and letting a more liberal guy take over?
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #244 on: Sunday, July 5, 2015, 09:31:00 »

Who said that calling Tunisians 'Arabs' is racist?
I really must be missing the point here. Can somebody please explain to me how audreys post was racist. I really don't understand.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: Sunday, July 5, 2015, 09:40:46 »

I really must be missing the point here. Can somebody please explain to me how audreys post was racist. I really don't understand.

Using a stereotype/generalisation to draw a conclusion about two very unrelated parts of the world.  Would we draw the same conclusion about an attack in Brazil meaning people in Portugal should keep their street smarts about them?   There are already more than enough Westerners in Qatar and it's adjoining neighbours to have raised security concerns if there were any (and there may well be, but they should already exist).

Or something like that.
I would say it was lazy and typical of the UK to be honest from what I read and hear, but I would have just let it pass as not being overtly racist.  Jayo is just being his internet self, not sure why everyone suddenly wants him to be agreeable.  Audrey was being Audrey.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: Sunday, July 5, 2015, 09:51:07 »

In further news away from the Audrey/Jayo debate (maybe that should have its own thread)   Blatter is now saying he's had enough of being blamed for Qatar, and pointing the finger at the French and Germans...namely politicians at the top, telling their delegates to vote for Qatar.

Sarkozy, now under corruption investigation in France, being no doubt intererested in arms deals with the Qataris, the Germans more construction projects...

No wonder the NSA keep a spy tap on these two countries....

Blatter also admits, he'll be staying put in Switzerland for a while, to avoid being nicked.
Flashheart

« Reply #247 on: Sunday, July 5, 2015, 09:52:40 »

'Arab' is (or at least can be) a race, as is 'black'. Replace 'arab' with 'black' and all would be kicking off at Audrey. To suggest that an event should not held in a particular country because the majority is of a certain race is undeniably racist. What if, in a reference to Bokoh Haram, somebody said that en event should not be held in Kenya because it's a black country?

I don't think that was Audrey's intention though, I think he's just guilty of sloppy diction.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: Sunday, July 5, 2015, 10:14:21 »

Sloppy diction aside, there's a big clue in the name moderator for what the main issue is, they are there to moderate, not have hissy fits and be abusive to people' just because thier interpretation of something differs to someone else's.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: Sunday, July 5, 2015, 10:24:17 »

To suggest that an event should not held in a particular country because the majority is of a certain race is undeniably racist.

Maybe, but he didn't say that or even suggest it - you've made it up.

He said there would be security implications, which there would be especially as ISIS have already threatened attacks.

Flashheart

« Reply #250 on: Sunday, July 5, 2015, 10:27:45 »

I didn't say that he did say or suggest it, did I? It was quite obviously just a hypothetical comparison. And I've already made it quite fucking clear that I think Jayo called it wrong and that Audrey was just sloppy with his wording, so let's not go trying to put words into my mouth here, eh? 
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: Sunday, July 5, 2015, 10:34:49 »

I didn't say that he did say or suggest it, did I?

Yes, you did.

Maybe that's not what you meant, but that is exactly how your post reads.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #252 on: Sunday, July 5, 2015, 10:35:01 »

But Jayo being snappy and abusive is ok?
Flashheart

« Reply #253 on: Sunday, July 5, 2015, 10:37:17 »

But Jayo being snappy and abusive is ok?

For the 3rd time now (I think), I said I think he made the wrong call. I don't think I could be much clearer.

Fuck it. Not my problem. You lot have fun.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #254 on: Sunday, July 5, 2015, 10:38:28 »

The End.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20   Go Up
Print
Jump to: