Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 20   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: FIFA  (Read 56370 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Monday, June 1, 2015, 22:37:52 »

The US boycott of the Moscow Olympics was not unhelpful to a GB gold in the 100 metres, just think what a Euro boycott (us excluded) could do for our chances of winning the World Cup!
Very little. On current showings, we'd still struggle to get past S or N Korea
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Monday, June 1, 2015, 22:41:55 »

The US boycott of the Moscow Olympics was not unhelpful to a GB gold in the 100 metres, just think what a Euro boycott (us excluded) could do for our chances of winning the World Cup!

I dunno, Liechtenstein could probably beat England..

Roaming the land while you sleep..
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Monday, June 1, 2015, 22:58:46 »

Home Nations it is then.  Surely it would be impossible for the Scots to win it and Gareth Bale could be refused permission to enter the UK to work if we have left the EU by then
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Tuesday, June 2, 2015, 10:57:26 »

Very little. On current showings, we'd still struggle to get past S or N Korea

In the last 2 WC's we've failed to beat, US, Algeria, Costa Rica.

Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Tuesday, June 2, 2015, 11:47:46 »

I thought about UEFA doing a breakaway WC, with the South American countries, who apparently also voted against Blatter, with the US and Australia.

Yes, the sponsors might pull out of FIFA and so might the TV people, or ask for compensation, but I believe Russia and Qatar will just give more money to FIFA to 'subsidise' the tournaments, meaning they go ahead there anyway.

Putin has proved 'money is no object' via the Winter Olympics and Formula 1 in Sochi, and Qatar has money to burn, or pay someone else to burn. There's even a book just been published called 'The Ugly Game : The Qatari Plot to buy the World Cup.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Tuesday, June 2, 2015, 12:09:06 »

I thought about UEFA doing a breakaway WC, with the South American countries, who apparently also voted against Blatter, with the US and Australia.

Yes, the sponsors might pull out of FIFA and so might the TV people, or ask for compensation, but I believe Russia and Qatar will just give more money to FIFA to 'subsidise' the tournaments, meaning they go ahead there anyway.

Putin has proved 'money is no object' via the Winter Olympics and Formula 1 in Sochi, and Qatar has money to burn, or pay someone else to burn. There's even a book just been published called 'The Ugly Game : The Qatari Plot to buy the World Cup.
UEFA won't do a breakaway from the 2018 World Cup as Russia is a UEFA member and UEFA are deeply intwined with sponsorship from Gazprom, the corporate arm of the Russian Mafia (in the same way as Putin and the government are the legislative arm). It's not just FIFA that are bent and all the Europeans holding their noses at the nasty stench from FIFA would do well to look in their own midden pile.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Tuesday, June 2, 2015, 12:11:21 »

UEFA won't do a breakaway from the 2018 World Cup as Russia is a UEFA member and UEFA are deeply intwined with sponsorship from Gazprom, the corporate arm of the Russian Mafia (in the same way as Putin and the government are the legislative arm). It's not just FIFA that are bent and all the Europeans holding their noses at the nasty stench from FIFA would do well to look in their own midden pile.

Surely we all think UEFA is a mini-FIFA on that particular scale. Platini's token "I asked him to resign" said it all.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Tuesday, June 2, 2015, 12:51:33 »

Been nice knowing you Paul, watch out for blokes with sharp tipped umbrellas!  Bye
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Tuesday, June 2, 2015, 12:55:00 »

I imagine any decision to boycott will be held back until we are part way through the qualification process with the potential for boycott growing in relation to how badly we are doing!

But as least we know that our FA have not stooped to the depths of bribery... oh bugger http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2009/nov/04/england-2018-world-cup-bid-fa

I get a little uncomfortable that we are not as corrupt as others, might be better to say that we are just less good at it! 
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Tuesday, June 2, 2015, 13:46:55 »

Fully agree. It's all come back to roost at Platini after backing Qatar, all because he wanted them to take over PSG, and make them a force in European football, and the fact that his son works high up in the organisation sums it up.

And the UEFA slight backdown on Financial Fair Play, is to allow PSG to spend more, as European clubs are worried about the financial muscle which English clubs will have due to the new TV deal.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Tuesday, June 2, 2015, 15:11:20 »

oooh, a surprise Fifa press conference at 6pm (Europe time?). I expect Blatter to be dancg in a mankini shouting 'suck my balls'.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Tuesday, June 2, 2015, 16:47:08 »

Blatter to resign !!!!!
Flashheart

« Reply #117 on: Tuesday, June 2, 2015, 16:49:13 »

Blatter to resign !!!!!

Really?
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Tuesday, June 2, 2015, 16:49:32 »

Good. The corrupt old cunt.
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Tuesday, June 2, 2015, 16:51:26 »

Now lock him up til he pegs it.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 20   Go Up
Print
Jump to: