Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: THANK YOU  (Read 6261 times)
Hammer

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, May 26, 2015, 17:34:28 »

I find it hard to disagree with any kind of football "banter", however distasteful, aggressive or offensive it may be. Yet there is a line we shouldn't cross, the one where banter leads to a more physical reaction.

Fair enough, where families, young kids, women and the elderly are concerned, then a bit more discretion is called for.

Dare I say that contemporary attendees are composed of Sky-induced spectators and, on the other hand, die-hard experienced supporters. Add a little alcohol-induced emotion, then never the twain shall meet.

Dare I also say, that I was in the same block as Joteddy and Janaage. Despite my advancing years it was difficult not to become 18 again and go and smack those cunts...not that it was their fault, more an organisational problem for Wembley Stadium authorities.

Fair play to the OP for acknowledging the role of Town fans. I hope he/she makes a speedy recovery.
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, May 26, 2015, 18:25:02 »

Only 'trouble' I had at the Wembley Central was 3 Preston 'lads' singing 'fatty man' at me, while they were eating a Maccy D's. And a really passive-agressive 'you whites' from a guy whilst I was eating with my kid. Hope the poorly PNE chap gets better soon.

RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, May 26, 2015, 19:07:19 »

Best wishes.

Had a good conversation with some Preston fans in the hotel after the game, great bunch.  In fact the Middlesboro fans that turned up were much more annoying, glad they lost.  Post game we decided to hang around and watch the post game ceremony for a bit, which was actually good for allowing me to move on (a bit).  Our players were made to watch the Preston players getting their trophy.  Walking away it was pretty much all Preston fans and I'd say 99% were good humoured. 
Nick Bamosomi
Bitter & Twisted

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, May 27, 2015, 10:26:28 »

Good to see other people praising/thanking our fans.
Like others have said, we have more than our fair share of dickheads, on Sunday they were out in force.
Hope the PNE fan makes a full recovery.

Never , under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same  night
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: